All reviews rooftop bar driver taxi receptionist palace wifi
Selected filters
Reviewed December 12, 2018 via mobile

The room itself is quite clean and nice with a well stocked minibar.

Unfortunately our room was on the side of the hotel, directly above some sort of school. We could literally see the kids playing 3 metres below us and singing and screaming from below started from the early hours.

We ordered a “burger” which was a disgrace- I honestly had never seen anything like it before. Undercooked fries, cold buns and the “patty” was atrocious. Not only was it tiny dry and thin AF, it was rock hard. When I pressed into the patty, it literally crumbled like a cracker. Upon trying to return it to get my money back, I was told “no returns” and had to aggressively insist to get my money back.

Staff were nice, however, on the first day of checking-in I asked if we could pay by entering our card in manually into the eftpos machine since the card is damaged. We were told that this is “impossible”. They were quite adamant about this.

When we checked out we were short by $2 in cash. They asked for a card and we explained the situation. After much conversation we were told that it actually was possible to manually enter the card into the eftpos machine - how convenient for them. I felt lied to.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 21, 2018 via mobile

In general the hotel is ok, nothing amazing but clean and was good enough for my needs.
The main reason I'm not going to recommend this place is the stuff.
DO NOT BOOK ANYTHING THROUGH THEM!
They lied about texi prices (calling their texi driver friend and take really high prices), they even tried to tell us that the ferry to Mingun is already gone and our only option is to take a private texi there (which wasn't the case).
They gave us wrong info about tours and prices and tried to convince us that's the cheapest there's.

Really annoying Really unreliable.

Reviewed November 21, 2018 via mobile

Rooms are ok for the price.
But do yourself a favor and don't ask for a texi or any information from the receptionist. They doubled the price of every texi we had to take. Only at the third day we relized it after we asked some taxi drivers.
In addition, they gave us some wrong information about the ferry that leaves to Mingon-they told us we missed it only to make us go there by their friend's texi instead of the ferry.
lucky we went to the ferry anyway and saw that what they told us was completly a lie.

Reviewed November 17, 2018 via mobile

Rooms are nice and clean, but bathroom stinks.
But the worst is that we lost one day of our trip, because of the wrong information from the recepcionist about bus station we should go. We went to wrong station and lost a lot of time and money. Finally we were late for our bus and had to take private taxi. All because wrong information at the reception desk!
Terrible breakfast! And moreover you have to ask for everything, because staff couldn’t manage to deliver things that had finished: milk, cups, jam, juice, glasses etc.

Reviewed September 23, 2018

This hotel is hands down one of the friendliest hotels I have ever been to. I booked twice on my travels around Myanmar because I was so impressed that I had to stay again before my flight out. I do not give rankings of 5 because I try to make them worth it (I've only ever given two, including this hotel.) If you're going to be in Mandalay, and you're looking for a budget hotel, this is the one you need to go to.

Date of stay: July 2018