All reviews newly renovated hotel room service security staff getaway medina pools spa balcony reception
Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

I have tried at least 6 times to contact the manager without success.

We have stayed at this hotel a number of times. The previous weekend we told them at checkout that we had a coke to pay for from the minibar.

The next weekend we checked out as normal. As we got in our taxi, a member of staff came running out to tell me I had to go back in. I was then told I could not leave until the mini bar was checked!!!! It was a hugely embarrassing situation and the taxi was waiting and the costs increasing. After an interminable wait I was told that I could go as NOTHING had been used.

I have now tried every avenue to have this addressed by the hotel but it has been impossible to get a response!!!!

I would not use this hotel again due to this embarrassment caused.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled with family
2  Thank Mary N
Reviewed July 31, 2018 via mobile

I stayed here in mid July for the first time and I was blown away by how beautiful the hotel was. The minute I walked through the door I was greeted by lovely,friendly staff who took my luggage for me and showed me to the reception desk for checkin. I was checked in by a lovely gentleman called Mohamed he was efficient, friendly and gave me all the info I needed to know for my stay. I was then shown to my room by a lad called Bassem who again was friendly,efficient and helpful. I got a lovely room facing the pool and the room was spacious and spotless and the tv had so many channels i was delighted. I then went down to the restaurant for dinner and the selection of food on the buffet was amazing. There was so much choice and something for everyone's taste. The staff in the restaurant were lovely and helpful especially Kamel he is an excellent waiter. Everyday I would pass through the lobby the staff would remember my name and ask me how I was today. I thought that was lovely and I felt like a really valued guest.This hotel is definetly 5stars and I will be returning again in october and looking forward to it. Keep up the good work ye are doing an excellent job all of you.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled solo
1  Thank lizilis123
Reviewed June 25, 2018

Ok, so the hotel has obviously just been renovated. It looks amazing on the inside, the room itself and the view down to the beach look impressive on arrival, the bed is comfortable and the bathroom is great. The outdoor pool and indoor heated pool and jacuzzi are lovely, breakfast is very extensive, and the location is great. Although as I got to know the place, I realised this hotel was managed well in some places and pretty badly in others. I would recommend you pay cash or card on arrival only, and you leave the hotel for lunch and dinner as the options are hit and miss.

There was nothing in the minibar, even though there was a drinks list. The kettle overheated every time it boiled and was too hot to pick up and pour with bare hands, which means it's a serious burning hazard. Most of the 90 or so TV channels didn't work, but luckily I had my USB to plug into and watch TV shows and movies. Then on my last morning I noticed both the TV connection and internet were out for about an hour. I asked reception if I needed to bring a towel from my room for the pool, they said to go to the pool and find the attendant, but no-one was around. He only found me when I walked back towards the hotel dripping wet. I asked at 5pm on my first day if I could access the beach, reception said it was closed due to no security available, but they didn't tell me I could access the beach if I walked out of the hotel and around the corner, so having security there was useless. The next day when the gate to the beach was open, no attendant was anywhere to be seen inside, and the 2 security guards at the beach were sitting in a seat doing nothing!
I walked up to the rooftop about 8:30pm asking if I could order from the seafood restaurant, and the wait staff told me the kitchen was closed, even though there were still people in the restaurant. The dinner buffet did not look very appetising, especially not for 50 dinars, so I went out and find a nice seafood restaurant.

The issue with my payment was the most farcical ordeal I've ever had at a hotel in my life. On check-in the reception staff said they did not have my booking, but gave me a room & said they would find it later. I left the next day to go out & returned to find my room key not working. I asked what happened & they had locked me out because they still couldn't find my booking, so I had to get them to let me back into my room so I could access my laptop and email my booking confirmation to them. They demanded I pay the full amount again, I refused as I said I'd already paid. The manager came down with a receipt that only had the last 4 digits of my credit card on it, so he said that was not enough evidence to prove that I made the payment. I said I would provide the credit card in person, he wasn't interested in that.
I found it absolutely ridiculous that they first could not find proof that I'd paid for my room using one of the most well known hotel booking websites in the world which I've used for several years without any issues, then would not let me leave reception for an hour until my payment could be confirmed, upon which it was clear they were not going to back down until I paid the full room amount again. I was actually quite scared they were going to remove me from the hotel, so I paid again as they demanded. I contacted my bank and got proof that the booking was paid for. I took this to reception and only then did they and give me a refund, in cash mind you, not by the credit card I had already used. A very unsettling situation all round.

• Stayed: May 2018, traveled solo
2  Thank jebskulker
Reviewed June 25, 2018 via mobile

Hotel is worth 5 stars. The food was great and tasty, wifi is available even near the sea, rooms are spacious and clean. However there’s mostly male staff which can be scary sometimes, although maybe they are just friendly. If you are travelling without any men, there’s a chance that staff at the restaurant or inside pool will try to seduce you.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank 72erika72
Reviewed March 12, 2018 via mobile

My wife and i decided to spend the summer in sousse and we thought that sousse palace will be the most suitable place. We had a tough start at the check in then things started to get smothered, food was absolutely fantastic room view was very good we were pool view on higher floor. AC was not really cooling much but eventually you have cool air. The security staff and the swimming pool attendant was so nice and helpful.
Location of the hotel is so convenient. Everything is around and sea shore are very close.

We will go back

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
5  Thank Costandi K
Boss3939, Gérant at Sousse Palace, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2018

Hi
We are really happy to read your comment thanks a lot to coming in our location
We hope see you soon