I was honestly dreading this holiday after checking the reviews on here leading up to my trip - to say that I was pleasantly surprised is the biggest understatement ever!! I absolutely loved this hotel/holiday and did not want to leave after one week!!
Agreeing with other reviews though, when you arrive at Monistir airport it is shocking - it is the smallest, unorganised airport I have ever been to. When you first walk through the doors you are just left to guess what to do next (in actual fact what you have to do is pick up a visa card and fill out the relevant information, name, passport number etc) and hand it in to get through customs - do not expect these people to be friendly, could not even so much as get a smile out of them!! This I blame on Thomson however, when ever I have travelled to a country that you need to fill out a visa for, USA, Egypt etc you get at least told about it on the plane and most of the time given one to fill out on the plane but they did not even tell us what to do when we got in the airport - they also told us the time difference was an hour behind when in actual fact it was the same time as the UK (surely they should know this?!) Got our baggage fine, did have a belt to ourselves so maybe one of the reviews below was a one off? Then met a Thomson rep to tell us which coach to get on. At this point I was still dreading it because nothing had changed my mind!
On the drive to the hotel, the scenary was exactly what you would expect. Once we got to the hotel (which was definately a 'left the best til last' situation), again we were left to guess what to do (Thomson's fault-not the hotel!!) we sat around for a few minutes before being given a form to fill out and then told we could help ourselves to drinks, given our food card and told we could go and get lunch and leave our luggage with the porter and wait until our room was ready - which I thought was fair enough!
Once we were given our room, it was lovely! Spacious, air con lovely bathroom and the cleaners were great all week. Our first night, we were shattered so went to bed quite early while there was a pool party and we could hear the music from our room which was quite a way away so I was thinking we were in for this all week but it was only the night the pool party was on. After this, we booked excursions, sat by the pool, beach etc and absolutely loved it! We also loved the evening entertainment (the animation team) and we got on really well with them, they would come and sit with us sometimes after their shows while we had a drink, they were great and so friendly. We were told to expect moody and grumpy staff because of ramadan but did not experience this at all - they were all so helpful, friendly and genuinely lovely.
The food - I am possibly the fussiest person I know so was worried about what I would eat but there was so much variety there for someone to say they didn't like it, I find hard to believe. However, it was definately a situation of quantity over quality as it was basic but then you wouldn't expect them to cook the best pizza or spaghetti bolognaise when they don't eat it themselves! The three restaurants you can go to (Al La Carte, Tunisian and Sea food) were fantastic. I would have loved to have done two weeks but I am glad we didn't because the food and entertainment would have got a bit repetitive - but everything else was absolutely amazing and I would definately go again tomorrow if I could! And will be recommend to a friend!!
Loved this holiday!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boasting an unbeatable situation on a golden sandy beach along the Mediterranean Sea, just a few steps from the vibrant city of Sousse, this luxurious hotel offers the perfect choice for holidaymakers eager to explore something out of the ordinary and spice up their sun holidays with a range of outstanding services. Close to El Kantaoui Marina and just a 30-minute drive from the Monastir International Aiport, the comfortable rooms are spread over 3 floors. Those travellers wishing to enjoy full privacy may prefer the comfortable bungalows overlooking the pools or the beach and providing its own terrace. Guests staying at this establishment may find a wide range of dining options including international cuisine, Tunisian specialities and different bars offering the best place to share moments with the family or friends. The magnificent water park offers the young ones the best place to have a great time. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Thalassa Sousse Resort & Aquapark reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lti Thalassa Sousse Hotel Sousse
- Lti Thalassa Hotel Sousse
- Sousse Lti Thalassa Hotel
- Thalassa Sousse