We arrived at Thalassa at the beginning of July for 2 weeks. Our initial thoughts were that the hotel was lovely with a nice modern reception and friendly staff, when we got to the room it was clear that it was in need of modernising but it did not bother us as we did not plan to spend much time in the room.
The breakfast buffet offers a wide variety of food, lunch and dinner were disappointing but having stayed in All Inclusive resorts before we knew what to expect. The English restaurant was better and when we spoke to the chef and said what food we missed (bacon) he ordered it. The waiters in the restaurants were brilliant, always remembering our drink choices and often having them ready on the table before we sat down (tipping them helps a lot).
The animation team were brilliant, Kiko, Tedo and Gogo being our favourites, my 7 year olds face would light up when Gogo came over to speak to him and involve him in water polo. They all work extremely hard and provide entertainment throughout the day and night. They occasionally ask to get them a drink but honestly who can blame them working in 35+ degrees heat, it's not so often it becomes an nuisance.
The bed was like sleeping on a concrete floor, both me and my husband would wake up numerous times throughout the night as we would be in some discomfort. They need to get better mattresses.
Often the maid would forget to leave towels and toilet roll, and the room was not particularly clean. When using the shower no matter what I did the floor would be flooded but that was a minor inconvenience.
On our final day I was happy to say that we would return until I found some items missing from our room. I had packed the suitcases of our clothing and left a "do not disturb" sign on the door so the maid did not come in and move the suitcases. When I went to get ready to go home I discovered makeup had gone missing from my suitcase that day. I made a complaint to the management, who were very understanding, the immediately spoke and searched the maid finding my makeup. Needless to say she was fired and the police called. It was only when I got home that I found clothes missing. We put our phones, money, iPad, passports and all other items expected to be stolen in the safe (which you have to pay for), I shouldn't have to put ALL my belongings in the safe to stop maids stealing from me. It was a very disappointing end to the holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boasting an unbeatable situation on a golden sandy beach along the Mediterranean Sea, just a few steps from the vibrant city of Sousse, this luxurious hotel offers the perfect choice for holidaymakers eager to explore something out of the ordinary and spice up their sun holidays with a range of outstanding services. Close to El Kantaoui Marina and just a 30-minute drive from the Monastir International Aiport, the comfortable rooms are spread over 3 floors. Those travellers wishing to enjoy full privacy may prefer the comfortable bungalows overlooking the pools or the beach and providing its own terrace. Guests staying at this establishment may find a wide range of dining options including international cuisine, Tunisian specialities and different bars offering the best place to share moments with the family or friends. The magnificent water park offers the young ones the best place to have a great time. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Thalassa Sousse Resort & Aquapark reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lti Thalassa Sousse Hotel Sousse
- Lti Thalassa Hotel Sousse
- Sousse Lti Thalassa Hotel
- Thalassa Sousse