We stayed at Thalassa Sousse from October 19th to November 2ond and had a very nice holiday. We were given two rooms opposite the reception when we arrived very early in the morning and they were not very nice and had a bad location. The next morning I asked if we could get two bungalows instead and that was no problem, I was shown some different bungalows and choosed two closed to the relax pool. The rooms/bungalows are not in any way 4 stars, more like 2 stars – very simple and should really need upgrading. The bathroom and terrace were the best in the room. We rented a fridge and that was nice to have but the cleaners closed down the main electricity switch when they left the room so the fridge was warm when we returned, after talkning to them I put up a sign over the mainswitch saying NO! and after that they remembered to leave it on. The cleaning was not very good in our room,I talked first with the reception without any improvement but when I talked to our rep and she went with me to our room they started to clean properly, changed sheets and towels all the time. So if you have any problem and the hotel doesn’t act always contact your rep – don’t wait until your back home.
I’m not a bufféperson but even I liked the buffets, there were variation every day and we could always find something to eat, fresh pizza and pasta made to order. Breakfast was OK and they made omeletts and pancakes. I mean what do you expect when you go to an All Inclusive hotel? Fine dining? The same with the drinks, I only tried the white wine and it was simple but all right. We usually had our lunch at the beach and that was very nice, fresh grilled fish, a nice view and nice staff – but don’t forget to book a table in advance.
If you are kind and respecful to the staff you get the same treatment back. From the very first meal we had very good service and I think that they liked that we were from Sweden, when they realised that we were not from Germany (sorry but the germans at the hotel was very unpolite and quite rude to the staff) they were even nicer than before. I even got bottles of wine to take to the room just because I was polite, nice and swedish ;-).
We used the internet several times, it is only possible in the lounge and the poolarea closest to the reception, and found that if you buy 24 hours you can use it several times, we used it for a whole week!
It was the end of the season when we visit Thalassa Sousse so we had no problem with sunbeds or crowds. I also read that some people have had problems outside, we never noticed anything, we could go in the Medina or anyplace, even my 17-year old daughter but again that is maybe how you yourself behave and if you show respect (put some clothes on!) you get it back!
So to conclude; the hotel and especially the rooms need som paint and maintenance but the location, staff and even the food makes it a good place for a relaxing holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boasting an unbeatable situation on a golden sandy beach along the Mediterranean Sea, just a few steps from the vibrant city of Sousse, this luxurious hotel offers the perfect choice for holidaymakers eager to explore something out of the ordinary and spice up their sun holidays with a range of outstanding services. Close to El Kantaoui Marina and just a 30-minute drive from the Monastir International Aiport, the comfortable rooms are spread over 3 floors. Those travellers wishing to enjoy full privacy may prefer the comfortable bungalows overlooking the pools or the beach and providing its own terrace. Guests staying at this establishment may find a wide range of dining options including international cuisine, Tunisian specialities and different bars offering the best place to share moments with the family or friends. The magnificent water park offers the young ones the best place to have a great time. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Expedia so you can book your Thalassa Sousse Resort & Aquapark reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lti Thalassa Sousse Hotel Sousse
- Lti Thalassa Hotel Sousse
- Sousse Lti Thalassa Hotel
- Thalassa Sousse