Me and my girlfriend had a good,relaxing summer holiday in Thalassa Sousse.
Hotel is located just a stones throw away from the beach with wide range of water sports available.We arrived late at night and were greeted by a lovely receptionist who gave us a bungalow located by the relaxing pool. The room has been daily cleaned and the bedding was changed. TV broke on second day but was fixed and its not a flat screen so quality's not HD, only 2 English BBC world news and a great movie channel which was great for evening/night times. Room was basic but spacious but needs refurbishment.
Food quality is good but can get very repetitive after a week, but there are 3 other restaurants serve same food everyday but try the fish on the beach. Snack bar was a waste of time we sat down and didn't get served for 15 mins and when food arrived it was a joke burgers are a poor excuse for meat a tiny circle of something in a bun.
Just a small tip.Please book the a la Carte restaurants in advance and more then one at the time cos the lady that takes the bookings quite often dissapers and is hard to find her. If you go to main restaurants try to get there before the closing time for the changeover cos they stop people getting in .
Drinks were fine, beer not exactly Budweiser but does the job, sometimes served in a plastic cup with chips all over it but they give you a small glass when they have them available. guy that works at the poolside bar Youssef (looks like Carol Tevez) was fantastic, very friendly said hello every morning on way to breakfast. Some bar staff in the reception bar weren't half as nice for some reason but you get served eventually.
All glasses are very small maybe half pint at the most so will need to keep refilling during all meals but bottles of water are plenty.
Animation team were great didn't do a lot of activities but if your into dancing, water aerobics/polo etc its perfect. They do shows on a night but didn't watch many of them due to movie channel in room.
We did the Sahara trek, tried to find a private excursion agent but we only found one in Sousse same price as Thomson so we went with them. Worth doing took about 100 photos but your on the coach for about 14 hours in total. Went to the water park Aqua Palace only have 6-7 slides not really worth the 20 dinar entrance fee but killed 3 hours.
Reception not very friendly or helpful either good for changing money, that's about it.
The beach is great can get crowded at peak times, but no problem getting sunbeds. Water is clean and warm makes a great change to the pools. Lots of water sports and very cheap.
Overall we had a good time ,not perfect but came back relaxed.
Rep Dan helpful, approachable, friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boasting an unbeatable situation on a golden sandy beach along the Mediterranean Sea, just a few steps from the vibrant city of Sousse, this luxurious hotel offers the perfect choice for holidaymakers eager to explore something out of the ordinary and spice up their sun holidays with a range of outstanding services. Close to El Kantaoui Marina and just a 30-minute drive from the Monastir International Aiport, the comfortable rooms are spread over 3 floors. Those travellers wishing to enjoy full privacy may prefer the comfortable bungalows overlooking the pools or the beach and providing its own terrace. Guests staying at this establishment may find a wide range of dining options including international cuisine, Tunisian specialities and different bars offering the best place to share moments with the family or friends. The magnificent water park offers the young ones the best place to have a great time. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Thalassa Sousse Resort & Aquapark reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lti Thalassa Sousse Hotel Sousse
- Lti Thalassa Hotel Sousse
- Sousse Lti Thalassa Hotel
- Thalassa Sousse