After arriving to the hotel at 1am we ( Parents with three teenagers) were told to make our own way to the rooms - rather difficult when no lighting along paths. Came across a porter that directed us into a block behind the snack bar! After taking us to two different floors - still in pitch black we eventually reach the correct floor. Once the porter decided on reaching for a torch we are lcoated our rooms.
Rooms in the block - basic i expect, being able to charge my phone would be nice, but one plug socket in the entire room with the TV plug that was unable to be removed. Three beds next to each other with the only way to get into the bed was by the foot of the bed!
After the welcome meeting the next day, with help from the Rep Dan we were then transferred to two bungalow rooms - still basic but slightly larger. Shower was broken, eventually got fixed after a few days. Influx of ants in room 220, had to take a photo before Reception actually believed how many! Cleaning very inconsistent, eventually had our bed sheets changed and floor swept on day 8 after complaining to Dan. Air con worked 7 out of 14 days - not good. Talking to Reception didnt get us very far, if they dont want to talk to you they just ignore you.
Restaurant - be careful of the chairs, when you go to move back the back legs collapse and you end up on the floor! Dangerous to say the least, but still put out the next meal time. Birds mess on the back of chairs - no excuse, this can be cleaned up at prior to each meal!
Food ok, but nothing to write home about. Service ok if you tip, however i tip for good service not to have a table saved for each meal! First sitting plenty of crockery, although you are lucky to get a table due to staff reserving them for guests that dont actually turn up till the second sitting. 2nd sitting a complete nightmare! The staff are not geared up for the influx, the buffet stations are not situated correctly, a queue leads into another queue. Restaurant doors are opened before the tables have been reset, cutlery and crockery set out.
Pool and surrounding area could do with a good clean and safety checks on the grids around the pool would be wise. Pool bar filthy and not well manned. Snack bar, food not good, staff were happy to argue and shout at each other rather than serve!
Beach - the water sports guys were fantastic, polite and couldnt do enough for you. Ask about a package deal if you want to try more than one sport.
Animation Team, Ricco, Coco, Dico, Andreas, Bruno, Mikey, Lucca, Michael the DJ, Marmadue, Waggee, to name a few were fantastic. On the go from morning till night, not in your face, happy and buzzing all the time. They did a fantastic job with the little props and equipment they have. Beach and pool party worked well, and so did the water volley at 11pm at night, my kids loved it. Well done Guys!
On the whole, would we stay here again, not a chance. Would we recommend the hotel, no way!
A lot of improvements are needed, we wouldnt give the hotel a 2 star!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boasting an unbeatable situation on a golden sandy beach along the Mediterranean Sea, just a few steps from the vibrant city of Sousse, this luxurious hotel offers the perfect choice for holidaymakers eager to explore something out of the ordinary and spice up their sun holidays with a range of outstanding services. Close to El Kantaoui Marina and just a 30-minute drive from the Monastir International Aiport, the comfortable rooms are spread over 3 floors. Those travellers wishing to enjoy full privacy may prefer the comfortable bungalows overlooking the pools or the beach and providing its own terrace. Guests staying at this establishment may find a wide range of dining options including international cuisine, Tunisian specialities and different bars offering the best place to share moments with the family or friends. The magnificent water park offers the young ones the best place to have a great time. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Thalassa Sousse Resort & Aquapark reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lti Thalassa Sousse Hotel Sousse
- Lti Thalassa Hotel Sousse
- Sousse Lti Thalassa Hotel
- Thalassa Sousse