This hotel tries hard to be something special.. but it falls short of some basic requirements. Some areas are lovely such as the reception and lobby bar.... but elsewhere the place needs attention. If you are used to proper 4/5 star hotels then do not go to this hotel. We had quite a good time but the stay was marred by various failings.. the rooms are very basic and our shower did not work properly and you had to hold it away from the wall to get water on you. I asked for it to be repaired and they just dismantled it from the wall and left it laying in the bath! Cleaning was inconsistent. I had to ring reception 3 times to ask for my room to be cleaned and 2 times to have the towels changed. The swimming pool is very nice but the surround is poor. Broken sunbeds were just left to be part of the scenery, and most were very old and used and not very comfortable. The pool bar was also very poor. The selection of drinks did not include any diet drinks and you could not get hold of tonic water - ever! The plastic cups they were served in were worn and frequently damaged, cracked and leaking and really unpleasant to drink from. None of the drinks served anywhere were ever cold enough. Quality of drinks was not good, and I had my most tee total holiday ever - drinking water mostly. Also around the structure of the pool bar there were electrics, plugs and cables hanging everywhere. One or two exposed wires.. not only looked shabby but posed a health and safety concern. The floor tiles always looked grimy, and I never saw anyone clean them. The pool snack bar was another huge disappointment. The food served was of such poor quality, that having eaten there 3 times we avoided it for the rest of the holiday. The main restaurant was clean and there seemed to be plenty of choice, though not always to taste. But they constantly ran out of plates and cups, and in general it was bedlam. The choice of 'a al carte' restaurants was good, and you could go as many times as you liked. The Tunusian was the best, followed by the beach bar lunchtime session.
The beach was a very well managed area. A really helpful head of security always made sure you were found a bed, always said hello and smiled. Lovely. The restaurant manager here was lovely too, and the beach hand was helpful and friendly too. Here too though, there were damaged beds, the padding on them had worn very thin, and really they need replacing too.
The beach bar only served wine/beer or soft drinks which was a bit of a pain, but the main barman was really lovely and helpful.
What really made the holiday for us though was the staff who in general were really lovely and welcoming and made you feel really looked after. Ali in the lobby bar became a friend, polite and distinguished he is a real amabassador for the hotel. Rafik in the pool bar was the only waiter who knew what he was doing here, and again very friendly.
But what really made the holiday for us was the entertainment team headed up by Dico. A lovely lovely group of lads... always full of smiles, exuberance, energy and excellence. Lots of day time activities to do and really made the atmosphere around the pool area amazing. These guys work so so hard to make your hoilday fun and they never stop.... the best entertainment team I have ever shared a holiday with.
You will have fun at this hotle, but the extras that make a holiday comfortable and special are missing. The staff are amazing, but the fixtures, fittings and standards need to improve.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boasting an unbeatable situation on a golden sandy beach along the Mediterranean Sea, just a few steps from the vibrant city of Sousse, this luxurious hotel offers the perfect choice for holidaymakers eager to explore something out of the ordinary and spice up their sun holidays with a range of outstanding services. Close to El Kantaoui Marina and just a 30-minute drive from the Monastir International Aiport, the comfortable rooms are spread over 3 floors. Those travellers wishing to enjoy full privacy may prefer the comfortable bungalows overlooking the pools or the beach and providing its own terrace. Guests staying at this establishment may find a wide range of dining options including international cuisine, Tunisian specialities and different bars offering the best place to share moments with the family or friends. The magnificent water park offers the young ones the best place to have a great time. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Thalassa Sousse Resort & Aquapark reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lti Thalassa Sousse Hotel Sousse
- Lti Thalassa Hotel Sousse
- Sousse Lti Thalassa Hotel
- Thalassa Sousse