$126
$89
  • Breakfast included
$164
$132
Hotel Marhaba Beach(Sousse)(Great Value!)
$102
$12
$9
$59
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of $82/night.

$268
Orbitz.com
Dar Aicha(Sousse)
$64
$17
TripAdvisor
1,390 results
All reviewsaqua parkfantastic holidayanimation team arebungalowtiptunisia
Reviewed May 24, 2011

The hotel is beautiful, clean well maintained, the staff take pride. the location is right in the middle so taxi's are needed pay NO MORE than 5 dena to the port or to the medina. the food in the hotel left a lot to be desired, many english people complained the food was not always clearly marked what it was even though we asked for this, fish is high on the menu im a very easy eater but the menu was totally catered for the polish and russian, ( eg mixed veg or cakes for breakfast whilst on that subject, they totally took over the hotel everything was catered for them, very aggressive an english child was punched in the face because she would not move from a chair she was sitting. Money can be changed at the hotel each day 10am-5/6pm the entertainments staff put on the most basic entertainment they were more interested in lining up the next girlfriend for that night. in the hotel you can be sold trips by a man who sits in the lobby. well we went on the camel train what a waste of money lead up a dirt road turned around then back again, the quad bike trip on 2 out of the 3 quads the brakes totally failed the guide spoke no english on person. ok now hotel info clean towels are provided daily as like pool towels hairdryers in each room as well as a free safe in your room ( in the wardrobe) sorry have to say in general of the many hotels i have stayed in and i travel alot this one will not go down as one of the best next month there is a new english manager taking over so im sure he will put his own stamp on it.. BEWARE OF THE SUNDAY MARKET i would suggest there is no need to go they sell mainly things for the house we had a bag sliced open with a blade lucky there was nothing in it to take a very spooky experience. the Medina is a great place to shop but very quiet on a friday. the port is very pretty to walk around the petting zoo is a total waste of money you can see them clearly from the road then just pay and awalk around the back of them.

Room Tip: bungelows are really nice
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank kellyCornwall
Reviewed May 7, 2011

The hotel was very nice, the people were all very kind, and would help you with everything, it was a pity that the slides were only one hour a day open, and some of the guest from poland were a bit noisy,
the entertainment team was very nice, lots of activities during the day and every day at nine o clock they gave a big show, with the guest so if you wanted to you could join them on stage, but always very polite and nice to everyone
but i would defenitely come again here!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 4, 2011

We stayed at the Thalassa Sousse for the first time in April and cannot wait to go back again! It was also our first time travelling to Tunisia. The Hotel is lovely, the pool, bar, reception and resturant area is beautifully presented with a modern cosmopolitan feel to it. Our room was a family room and was huge with two balconies, and was always very clean . Food was as you would expect from an all inclusive hotel, there was plenty of choice, I certainly did not see the same dish twice in the week we were there, plus my fussy eater of a son even managed to find something he liked each mealtime, the freshly made pancakes at breakfast being the firm favorate! The staff from the hotel were fantastic, most speak English very well, and cannot do enough for you. The animation team all made a huge effort and a fuss of my 3 children and made all the difference in them having a great holiday. They all work such long hours but are always upbeat, happy, and were continually making an effort to make sure everyone in the hotel has a fantastic time. The hotel has a great setting right on the beach, free sunbeds, and is very close to Port El Kantaoui and also to Sousse, a taxi to either costs a mere few pounds, and I would recommend a trip to both just to experience a bit of Tunisia.
You absolutely cannot go wrong with this place! Do not listen to the bad reviews unless you are mega fussy, or picky, or a serial complainer, the bad reviews are unjustified! We are already looking at flights to go back in the summer :-) and I would not go anywhere twice (let alone in one year!) unless it was really really great!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank CLHZ
Reviewed May 3, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel in September last year and ejoyed every minute of it. The hotel was really nice and the rooms were basic but nice enough. The only downside was that we had two single beds pushed together instead of a double and they kept sliding apart.

The food I thought was ok. We stayed for 11 nights and I think there was maybe one night where I couldn't find anything that I fancied. Generally there was a good variety of food and I ended up trying a lot of foods that I hadn't before. If you don't like trying different food, there was always chips/pizza etc. The only thing I would say is that the juices in the morning taste very sugary so I generally stuck to water. The same as in the evening, the fanta etc tasted very sweet and not very fizzy. You also could't get your own drink in the evening and had to wait for a waiter to bring you a jug over and there were a couple of nights were it was quite busy and we had to wait,, with our food in front of us, for the waiter to come over.

The service was a bit hit and miss. There were two waiters at the poolside bar who were really friendly and would greet us every morning, bring us drinks and generally be really chatty to us. Up at the bar inside staff were the opposite and came across as quite rude. However, generally the service was ok and the entertainment team were always enthusiastic and friendly.

The daytime entertainment was really good with pool activities, daily aerobics, dance classes and there were watersports on the beach as well as foam parties. The night time entertainment wasn't great but they did the best they could and it was entertaining enough. There was a late night disco but we didn't go so I couldn't comment.

With the location of the hotel, there's not much around other than a bank and some restaurants/shops a little further down. Some of the shops were worth a visit but really you're better off getting a taxi down to sousse of port el kantoui, which is really cheap. Port el kantoui was really nice and there are a lot of shops but most sell the same sort of thing. The beach at port el kantoui is beautiful and I wold definately recommend going down for a look - much nicer than the hotel beach, although the beach at Sousse also looked quite nice. People will pester you to buy things, and often will not take no, but having been to Egypt I wouldn't say it was at the same level. However, I did not like Sousse and found many people rude and intrusive, it is extremely busy and generally doesn't feel like a very safe place to be. I would definately recommend going to Port el Kantoui first! Also, the tuk tuks are a cheap way of getting back and quite fun!

We went on a couple of excursions whilst we were there, including visiting El Jem, Monastir and going on a camel ride. I would recommend all of these, especially El Jem - the colloseum was amazing, but it's in the dessert so gets a lot hotter. There is also a water park in Port el Kantoui. We bought tickets for here but ended up not going as it rained the day we had planned to go, but would probably be something good for kids when the weather is nice!

Overall the holiday was really good. The hotel was nice, the room was clean and there was lots to do. I personally don't have any complaints!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Tors1990
Reviewed May 2, 2011

I was pleased we went in April 2011, before the high season got going and in the aftermath of political unrest in Tunisia. If that is what produced uncrowded conditions in the hotel - and out and about on our trips - then that suited my wife and me! The hotel manangement would probably disagree - they'd want the place to be full!!

Our stay at Thalassa was "all inclusive" and everything at the hotel was really good. The service was excellent. Our room was very clean and serviced every day. The bathroom was really good and the huge bed was very firm! We got used to it!!

We were next door to our daughter and her children. An inter-connecting balcony really helped - the children were always on the move backwards and forwards between the rooms.

Trips to places of interest were readily available - although the impromtu taxi service to Sousse old town led rapidly to the carpet shop on the driver's mate! We were sufficiently hard-nosed to get away with that one!

It's hard to say anything against the hotel and the holiday overall.

Room Tip: Main bloch, second floor - good view out to sea.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family