“november 2012”

Ranked #16 of 35 Hotels in Sousse
Salo, Finland
“november 2012”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

A very nice place. Wonderful beach! Very good and friendly staff. I can recommend this hotel both for children and adults.
It was very pleasant to wake late and then go downstairs to have breakfast because of the smiling and friendly staff and good food.
The hotel is situated near everything: big stores, restaurants, center.
I would like to spend next winter in Sousse and in Marabout far from the coldness of Finland.

Room Tip: Rooms on the sunny side are comfortable in the autumn.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
5 Thank Kirsti S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
Munich, Germany
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I was for the first time in an arabic country. I will never make this again. The hotel is aprox. OK, for 3 Stars. But my impression is that they want only our money and our tips. Once you have make the mistake a tip to given, they will not more look at you.
I am a 38 years woman, who was there with her husband. Every time I was alone, although the waiters have already known us, they have flirted with me (although I am not so an open-type...). They were almost offending.
DO NOT accept any offer for short trips around but for your travel agency! E.g: in the hotelyard there were two arabs who are offering trips from the hotel. They say that their trips are cheaper that from your agency (e.g.: wit a Pirat-ship, in Sahara, in a caravan). They are two bloody liars. Do not accept anything that they (or others) would say "it is for you, a gift". NO. After that, they will ask for money.
Our door was opening only after big efforts. I couldn't it open, only my husband. Already in the first day we have said this to the Reception, and then, again 2 times. In 13 Days: NOONE CAME.
The Hotel is ok, but the town is MISERABLE. Dirty everywhere. I don't understand how they live in trash.
Take care of the shopkeepers! They will try to cheat you! The best is first to look in the Hotelsshop - they have fixed prices - and then you can compare!
We are vegetarians. Meat was enough, but the cereals usually with meat in! I have traveled there more indigene food to eat and to taste, but more of the meal was from Europe (refrigerated potatoes). Only 2 times in 13 days couscous! (after that we were in town a real couscous to eat - it was really something else!).
The Beach is ok, but trash comes from the sides :D (through water).
(I am from Germany, and when we went shopping, they were saying to us: ah, Deutschland, you have enough money, this costs X dinars...= bigger Prices for naive Tourists)

Room Tip: Rooms on the old side, but with a seaside view, worth it!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
18 Thank Fiona2013

Travelers are raving about these Sousse hotels

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Well we arrived in the early hours of the morning on August 11th. 3 or 4am local time.
The 1st thing to hit us was a beautiful smell of sewerage, very pleasent.
Remember this was our honeymoon and we were promised an "upgraded" room with a SEA & Pool view in this 3* hotel.
Well, we checked in and went to our room through a long reception and down 2 flights of stairs, through a corridor passing the ahem...."all inclusive" restaurant, passed the pool and eventually got to the block we were staying in.
1st impressions of the room on the 2nd floor as we arrived were 50/50. Nice decor, air-con big bed, but it was 2 single beds pushed together, a bit like in an apartment complex on a package holiday in Santa Ponsa!!!
Okay, the pool view....was from the entrance to our block. The sea view was if you stuck your head out over the balcony about 2 foot, you will see it. And there was practically a building site facing us!
In to the toilet to check in there,,,,,brilliant. There we found our FRIDGE!! Our FRIDGE was upside down in our bath!! NOT A HAPPY PERSON WAS I?? No.
The manager was an incompetant fool the next day. This was Sunday now. They couldnt change us until Tuesday.
2nd room was same but with a pool/sea view, right next to the water slides, although we were out all day so it wasnt an issue.
The restaurant food.....
Breakfast was awful, lunch was awful, dinner was awful....will I go on. ALL INCLUSIVE...we asked a waiter for some water and he obliged. He charged us for it when we were leaving!!

Now, being an Irish man, I made sure that I made the most of the tiny little bar in the corner beside the pool shop. The barman was so polite and friendly. THE friendliest in the complex. I was his best customer and he was very well tipped!

We have no kids, but we did notice not ONE actual lifeguard around the huge pool. Some poor child almost died on the 3rd day of our honeymoon in the indoor pool.
I had to run for an ambulance, our adopted holiday friends (a Danish couple we met), the husband ran to get the boy out. A german man performed CPR...........I could go on, and on and on.....but the place is a joke!

As for Sousse itself....it's smelly, it's a bit dangerous for men alone and definitely for women alone!
We visited Samssara, the nightclub opposite and it is a Che Guevara supporting place. Once they knew we were Irish, we were treated amazingly by the bar staff. EXTRA large shots etc......
So in a nutshell, the pool bar, the nightclub and the Danish couple we met made our honeymoon. Other than that, Le marabout would have ruined it!!

Room Tip: Choose one in a different hotel or country.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
9 Thank Tonygrancan
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We arrived at late evening and was shown to a rather filthy room. The next morning we went down to have some breakfast, which was included in out " All inclusive" and at was okay, but after a week not very exiting anymore. We were there out of season so there was room for all the guests, but have we been the during he summer season, there wold not have been food or room for all the people. The "wartier" were slow and and arrogant ans yelling at the guests, much like the people in the Reception, which were not helpful at all regarding any questions. Where were not even looking at you while you spoke to them and half the time they didn't understand English, and the other half there were yelling at you. Whe spa was non existing and the massages which you had to pay for (even thought it was included in the "all inclusive") was poor as not very good.
The pool area was nice and there were loads of sun cards but the music was VERY load, and there were playing 2-3 different songs at the same time which was kinda confusion. The water slides very old and worn out. And the hurt like H*** to slide in the because the assemblies were to wide, my BF even bleed on the back after sliding down one of them.
The beach was very nice and the water was lovely, so this I can recommend, perhaps just at another hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
13 Thank StephanieCPH
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed September 23, 2012

we arrived at night and got a room in the old building. the room was simple, dirty and old. the cleaning was poor and one day they didn´t clean at all. the corridor felt like a mental hospital and the hotel wasn´t nice at all. one day the staff at the reception was yelling to a guest who complained about the room. very unprofessional. the breakfast was 75% bread and the restaurant had no feeling of cozyness at all. one day the restaurant floor was filled with water that smelled awful.

the only good thing was the water park at the pool area and the dinner buffet was ok. but all in all i wouldn´t stay here even if somebody paid me. definitely not a 3star, more a 1star hotel.

Room Tip: choose another hotel, byt in the newest buildning if you really need to stay here.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
12 Thank m0dette
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 14, 2012

spent a lovely 4 nights at this hote and it is top notch. Granted, it is not the height of luxery, but for the price we payed it was great with its own private beech attended by really helpful staff, good wifi, really nice restaurant and generous breakfast buffet. What more could you ask for?

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
13 Thank pinoudelondres
Grobbendonk, Antwerpen, Belgium
Reviewed September 8, 2012

If you want some peace and quiet, at night, make sure you don't get a room in the first block, facing the streetside! the disco opposit the hotel starts at midnight till morning, every day! the food was alright but always the same and often cold. waiting in a row for beverages with your meal, is not relaxing. having to ask for forks and knifes and spoons all the time....the swimmingpool is lovely and the waterslides very amusing! okay beach but watch out for sandflees, cause I brought them back home and that's worry! all in-formula is not much at all. alright animation but if you want something, it costs...rooms were only cleaned in the bathroom and the beds made but that's it! friendly people at service, sometimes too friendly...I have enjoyed my stay in Sousse but it could be better!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family