- Waiters in the main hotel restaurant, faultless service, you keep the same waiter, ours was great, always a smile and a joke.
- Cleaners in the room were great, spotless room, regularly changed linen and even arranged all our toiletries in the bathroom - superb!
- 2 day safari trip - well worth it even though it rained a bit on ours.
- Louage taxis which are estate cars or minibuses that only go when they're filled up with 6-7 people. The locals take them everywhere and they're dirt cheap: 2.5D to Monastir, versus ten times that for a taxi! If you don't mind sharing your journey with the locals, it's the best way to travel.
Medinas - the name for the old part of town, usually surrounded by a large fortified wall, great experience but only if you want to buy something, it's very hard to ignore/not look at anything without being descended on by the shopkeeper who'll give you the hard sell - be firm and learn to say no, thankyou (or "la shukran" in Arabic).
- Friendly locals who'll always try and help you.
- Unwelcoming reception staff.
- Smokers! They're everywhere in Tunisia and the hotel stank of cigarettes. We could barely sit in the reception without coughing.
- TV in the room consisted of one English language channel out of 19 channels which was odd considering the amount of English guests at the hotel.
- Taxi drivers who rip you off, as a guide you should only pay 1 Dinar to get to the Sousse medina from the hotel (make sure they take the route along the seafront, some take the longer route through the city and you end up paying 2D) and 3D to get to Port el Kantoui. Set the price before you drive off if possible.
- The rep will say that the hotel exchange rate is the same as all the banks elsewhere - b*lls! Venture down the road and you get a much better rate. We made a habit of popping into banks when we found them to check on the rate which varied quite a bit, don't change your money all at once and shop around.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Hotwire and Agoda so you can book your Tej Marhaba Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Tej Marhaba
- Tej Marhaba Sousse