Tej Marhaba Hotel
Movenpick.com
Marhaba Salem(Sousse)(Great Value!)
$45
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Marhaba Beach(Sousse)(Great Value!)
$53
$44
$122
Marhaba Royal Salem(Sousse)(Great Value!)
$50
$45
$88
$74
Hotel Marhaba(Sousse)(Great Value!)
$46
Priceline
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,622 results
All reviewsoutdoor poolevening entertainmentcouscouscrepesentertainment staffyogurtquad bikingmaidsarabicmarhaba
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Staying at this hotel second time.Even worst then the first time.
Everywhere you go in the hotel,they expect you to tip them.All the staff is rude,don't speak English much (don't even understand what is full-board!) and sleazy!!!They let the locals inside the hotel to use the bar and then they stare at you in a sleazy way each time you walk past!
Rooms are clean and cleaned every day,sunbeds are dirty by the pool.
Food is not bad,but breakfast is quit poor.
Good location.

Room Tip: Seaside View.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Lisa K
TEJMARHABA, Guest Relations Manager at Tej Marhaba Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Thank you for your review.

Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

this hotel needs to be rebuilt .says it has two pools the indoor pool has been a building site since 2010.thomas cook will sell it as having two also none of the beauty rooms and gym are ready .food ok . drinks seved in plastic cups.. glass if your buy your drinks .all inc are treated very bad seven bar staff but only one works .the others seem to be amazed by the till .if you tip them everytime you MIGHT get served quicker .need to get up early to beat the sunbed grabbers .i had a room on fifth floor nice view.funny to watch them sneak about .with towels early morning .beach has raw sewage flowing down it into sea .so be carefull where you swim !.the beach bar where you get drinks and food is a shed .would not let my dog eat anything from there unclean staff smoking while preping food .saw one put his cig on fhe worktop while he made a toasty type thing .when you complain to thomas cook on return to uk you get nothing but a letter saying not there fault the holiday rep also dont really care he says its the same old complaints .my complains are now go to watchdog and trade and standards .so if you have booked .you are now aware change it

• Stayed: September 2012

Sorry you didnt enjoy your holiday. You'll be pleased to know that our indoor pool and fitness are now open. The photo you enclosed is not of the entrance to the pool but way round the back where clients need not go.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

Simply incredible value.

Meals are beyond typical hotel buffet fare. Last night for example they had roasted fish (possibly tuna) and fried small fish which were exquisite. Both were pretty much cooked to perfection. There was also reoasted chicken, a beef stew, assorted hot vegetable dishaes and a salad and dessert bar with fruit.

Staff are attentive to every request and beyond polite.

They have a little afternoon tea for guests deemed worthy. Perhaps those who don't make the cut, are not supposed to book back. I am not really big on socializing with the help so my nose was not in the least out of joint.

There seemed to be a lot of hign maitenance guests.

As usual the lobby was a magnificant turn off. It is an employee smoking lounge all night. At 7:30 the screaming cleaners swing into action and shortly after the music cranks up. At 8:30 the guest smokers take up their positions.

If only they had a non smoking section with WiFi and a visible english speaking public relations desk, with a pleasant person sat behind it, it would be the best buy in North Africia. Many people do not book through agencies so may need some hotel assistance.

The front desk staff are simply beyond kind and courteous. The chamber maids excellent and kind, The bellhops and security were also quite nice.

This time around the entertainment staff took the bother to interact which is not common as they generally stay clear of single men.

The huge indoor pool complex opene up the last week and people were complainin that this was too hot or that was too cold. I thought, some people should stay home and use only their own inhouse pools,

The only concern I had was when to plan my next trip.

I have seen cab tips here. Right

A taxi to the media costs 1 1/2 dinar 5 tops. Ask the driver to turn on the meter, and if the meter starts going wild ask him to stop and simply get out and get the next cab. You will never have to wait more than 2 or 3 minutes.

Some people have cabs wait for them. Expensive perk.

Room Tip: Ocean facing roms are cooler and quieter. If you like the sun than go for the rooms on front of the hotel.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank Pensioner-SJN

Glad you enjoyed another holiday and thank you for your review.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

I'm not going to sit here and say "Don't believe the good reviews" or "Don't believe the bad reviews"
I hate it when people write things like that. We are all adults here and don't need to be told what to
believe or not to believe.
I will try to wite my review as honestly as possible.
First the rooms.
When I walked in at first I thought "what have gotten myself into" the room looked old, I mean really old.
But the bed was comfortable the cable AC worked and the toilet flushedd. So in that regard I cant really complain. Especially considering the price paid ( about USD 20.00 per night including breakfast and dinner.
Breakfast... rather bleak ... very little changed from one day to the next. What I found odd was that only one day did they have scrambled eggs on the buffet the rest of the time it was only hard boiled eggs.
You could have eggs made to order but I just don't like standing in line for eggs.
Also it seems hard to find fresh fruit in Tunisia. The only fruit I saw at the buffet was canned fruit cocktail. I jever saw fresh
fruit. (The same at the hotel in tunis were I am writing this review from.
Dinner... not bad but variety was limited. lots and lots on chicken. The food reminded me alot of Cuba. So anyone who has been to Cuba will now what I mean.
The staff. Most seemed nice the entertainment team seemed very outgoing.
However I found that it didn't seem to matter how much you tipped it didn't seem to make much difference.
I found one waiter in the lobby that seemed like a nice guy. the rest seemed indifferent at best.
Sousse its self I found dirty and you always seemed to be bother where ever you go with someone trying to get between
you and your money.
I know that there are many people that go to this hotel several times a year and many stay for months at a time.
Personally, I don't see the attraction. But to each their own.
This was my first and last time to Tunisia. I am just not sold on it. All my other vacations have been to India and or Sri Lanka and next year thats where I will be going

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo

Sorry you didnt really enjoy your holiday. We do have fruit available on the buffet according to whats in season. At present, its dates oranges and pears. Thank you for your review

Reviewed November 27, 2012

The only good review I can write is about the rooms and the food,rooms were nice and clean at all times and the towels were changed at all times.Food was lovely aswell.
The staff seemed to not understand English,there was one waiter who did not understand anything!Me and my friend had full-board,and after 3days we found out that the drinks is not included in my friends booking,which did not make any sense as my booking did include drinks with every meal!The most annoying thing was that you have to sign the receipt every single time you order a drink!
To get a sunbed by the pool you have to tip the worker,but the next day he is not bothered to give you a sunbed.
By the sea,the worker expects you to tip as soon as you step the foot on the sand!By 4pm you are asked to leave the beach.
Full hotel of sleazy men,they even allow the locals inside.Please be carefull and don't even start any conversations as they will not leave you alone!

Room Tip: View to the sea is the best.....
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Sorry you found the men sleazy. We do permit some of the locals to enter the hotel but these are strictly screened by our security beforehand.