Tej Marhaba Hotel
$107
Movenpick.com
Marhaba Salem(Sousse)(Great Value!)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Marhaba Beach(Sousse)(Great Value!)
$54
Marhaba Royal Salem(Sousse)(Great Value!)
$50
$75
Hotels.com
TripAdvisor
1,620 results
All reviewsoutdoor poolevening entertainmentcouscouscrepesentertainment staffyogurtquad bikingmaidsarabicmarhaba
Reviewed June 25, 2011

Before we travelled we got very worried after reading some of the reviews on here, and even considered changing our holiday but we are so glad we didnt. Stayed for 2 weeks at the tej marhaba, and I think the people who moan about the hotel need to be spending more money on holidays- it seems they are expecting 5 star luxury for paying very little.
Hotel undergoing refurbishment, but this didnt disturb us- hotel always very clean and comfortable- maids work extremely hard. Excellent good quality food and good waiter service( our waiter faizel was excellent) we went thinking we would eat out some nights, but didnt really feel the need to. swimming pool area, nice and clean and music always being played.
Went to the beach a few times, where a previous review said you had to cross a very busy street - sousse is a city so roads are gonna be busy- but it was one way so easy to cross. review also said you had to walk down a very dodgy alleyway- this is no different to any other alleyway, and other than other people walking to the beach, we didnt see anyone down there.
You can not lie on a sunlounger for 2 weeks and expect fun to find you- if you try to make the most of it you will have a wonderful holiday. We met loads of people- mostly young couples who had the same attitude as us and they all had a fab time. Legends bar ( out of main entrance and turn left) really nice. we went to bananas nightclub- very loud but a good night out.
We did a few excursions - the medina ramble, camel caravan and the african dream- all good value for money and good experiences.
All in all if you like to experience a bit of culture or just want to relax tej marhaba is ideal.
if you want fish and chips and clubbing every night- go to blackpool.
if you want 5 star luxury- pay a lot more money.
we paid the same price here for 2 weeks all inclusive as we paid for 2 weeks self catering in ibiza last year(that wasnt just us- all the people we met were saying how cheap it was) so I really dont understand what people can complain at.
I read a lot of stories about pick pockets etc- we didnt hear of any trouble when we were there, but we were very careful( like we would be to any city we travelled to).
Shop owners will try and get you into there shops, taxis will pip and slow down as they drive past you- but just carry on walking.
we had a brilliant 2 weeks in the sun experienced the local culture, met a lot of nice people. We dont tend to go back to the same place because we like to see different places but I would definitely reccomend tej marhaba-to couples. not much for children, and groups of girls travelling on there own may get hassle from local lads.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
10  Thank lwhittam
Reviewed June 13, 2011

This was 2nd visit to The Tej Marhaba, so clearly this is going to be a mostly positive review as I have returned here for a 2nd visit, but never the less I felt it worth updating from my last visit in July 2010.
So whats changed and is better or worse and more importantly would I return for a third visit ?
Well, the hotel is being updated at last, new lifts have been installed and the terrace area is being retiled ( with minimal disturbance) and the exterior is getting a lick of paint. The hotel is very quite like most of Tunisia, so I would say there is slightly less choice of food then a year ago but it is still of the same high quality and those lovely cakes are still there at lunch and dinner.
The Animation team ( which consist of about 8 young tunisians) are still there organising your fun for the day !! Although I`m afraid with the odd exception evening entertainment is still very poor.
Outside the hotel is where I noticed the biggest diffrence. There are less tourists there at there moment than there have been for years, this means there are less to go round for the shopkeepers, so they are slightly more aggresive to sell you something and some get quite upset when you dont even vist their shop. Also 3 people from my hotel alone got robbed in the street. Unfortuantly they are a very poor country and some people get desperate and with the uncertainty at the moment it just makes some more desperate. But 99% of Tunisians are lovely, its just theres less tourists to go round at the mo so some take things in to their own hands,,,
On the Plus side, Tunisia is very cheap at the moment to holiday and to shop.
Would i return for a 3rd visit ? probably yes. This Hotel seems to attract young couples, singles and old couples. You will not see Stag partys or Hen nites here or families with children.
Anything else you wanna know, just email me and I will try and give you an honest answer from my experiances.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
12  Thank chelseachuckles
Reviewed June 5, 2011

Hotel is currently being refurbished. No distruption to bedrooms which were fine and beautifully clean. Great around pool area but some relaying of walkways going on. Not all hotel open at the moment as very quiet with not many residents so only lounge bar and main restaurant open. Turkish baths and indoor gym not open. Thomas Cook rep great and everyone who wanted to be moved was offered a move to another hotel but most people didnt bother as there was so little disruption while work is going on. Food good, fresh and something for everyone unless you are stupid enough to want bacon and fish and chips!!. Staff very friendly and go out of their way to make sure everyone has a good stay !!. PS we didnt tip until the last day so this had nothing to do with it. Area outside hotel is distressed and nowhere to go at night . No unrest and safe through the day but you have to be sensible. That is the same in every country including ours!!! Anyone who has been to Turkey etc will know how to deal with unwelcome approaches for money , it is no more annoying than timeshare touts.!!!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
10  Thank openside
Reviewed May 31, 2011

Went to tunisia last here with my mother ... We were a bit nervous as it was two women on their own and didn't know what the people of tunisia were like but we had a blast ... The hotel is fab its what u pay for .... The staff were great even though they were on ramadan they would do anything to help .... The rooms were good just what you need as you only sleep in them .. The beach was lovely and the bar down there was handy ... Very safe to go out we went to the medina in the night on our own and didn't feel threatend at all infact we felt relaxed around them and even walked back to the hotel ... So tunisia is very safe and friendly don't listen to what others say its not a country where you have to watch your back just relax and hacve a good holiday ... And me and my mother are really looking forward to going back to the tej maharba august 7th xx

• Stayed: August 2010
7  Thank xxkimmyxx
Reviewed May 25, 2011

I have just read what I can only sugest is a fairy story about riots in hotels oppersite; Gangs of locals scamming and robbing tourists.
Yes there are people who will try and rob you , but that happens in the UK also.
If the peolpe who wrote that crap about this area and the hotel would try and understand the trouble the people of Tunisia go to to try and provide a good holiday you would not be so ready with your put downs.
Before you go anywhere else other than Benidorm or Majorca try reading about the customs and go to the welcome meetings and try Listening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple