“Avoid.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tour Khalef Marhaba Thalasso & Spa

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Tour Khalef Marhaba Thalasso & Spa
Ranked #3 of 35 Hotels in Sousse
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Avoid.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2013 via mobile

Don't be fooled by the pictures on the internet. Whilst the lobby of this hotel is ok, the rooms and hallways are so dated and depressing it's not funny. The food was not good, bland and over cooked. There were a lot of Russian guests when we were there and the hotel seemed to cater more towards their needs. Entertainment was terrible. When we arrived I actually wanted to cry. We moved hotels in the end, would recommend hotel Kenz or couples hotel. Hope this helps!

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank amy s S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Fareham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2013

A holiday which nearly didn't happen as the visa which my wife required she didn't get after a month at the Tunisian Embassy. We got her passport back and the day before we travelled as we were advised you could obtain on arrival in Tunisia which after a bit of a wait in immigration she did obtain a 7 day visitors visa.

We stayed at the hotel in Dec 13 for 7 Nights and we had a fantastic 7 days. The hotel was kept at all times clean and immaculate, rooms comfortable spacious with great view of the ocean. Although we went out of season and couldn't really use the lovely pool or sea as the water was far to cold we had lovely days of sunshine laying by the pool and playing on the beach.
Having a 3yr old son with us, the animation team at the hotel had plenty of entertainment for the children as well as going well and truly out of their way to make him feel totally at home and giving us some time to ourselves if needed. The hotel food was great from breakfast to dinner always having many choices from many different delicious dishes to choose from to suit all.

Entertainment in the evening provided by the fantastic Animation team which has in tears of laughter and wanting more every night.
Hotel staff were incredible with not only service but making us feel at home at all times.

As an all inclusive holiday through Thomson/First Choice it was truly a great package for us and the local Reps/Staff whom were fantastic, and our son misses :) . We will visit Tunisia and the hotel again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Christinis2
Forfar, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2013

Stayed at Tour Khalef for a week in December and can highly recommend the hotel. Nice large lounge to relax in. Able to change money easily at reception and safes are available. Bar/waiting staff gave excellent service, particularly Lotfe and Haythem. Bedrooms are nice with plenty of storage and kept very clean, again I only have praise for our maid. Restaurant staff are very helpful and pleasant, our waiters Rafaet and Ramzi decorated our table with flowers daily and topped up drinks readily. Large selection of food to choose from that should suit everyone. The grounds are well kept and nice to stroll in and relax on the large terrace. The animation team were a delight to be around. I looked forward to their performance every evening. Anis is such a beautiful dancer and we were constantly in fits of laughter with Max . All in all, staying at this hotel was such an enjoyable experience and I can’t wait to go back!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
7 Thank DeniseAnderson2013
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

Recently stayed 11 nights at Tour Khalef. We had a great time, hotel was really nice, very clean & spacious. Staff were great and very friendly. Pool area and beach were really nice. Highlight of the holiday for me was the Animation team, they made the holiday fantastic, all so friendly and fun to spend time with. 'Showtime' in the evenings was brilliant, very funny and they put their heart and soul into very single show which can't have been easy as some nights there were only 4-5 people there as the hotel wasn't very busy. Huge Well done to them, they make it worth going back for :-) I will definitely be going back next year :-)

Stayed November 2013
4 Thank Sarah B
Keswick, null, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

What a fantastic holiday .. so much on offer plenty of entertainment wich had me in stitches near enough 24/7 the animation team are great such happy lads and always wanting to help . Food and drink on the allinclusive was brill real value for money overall i would give them 9.5/10 returning in january 14 as i enjoyed it that much

• Stayed November 2013
4 Thank Amanda T
Norfolk, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

Hotel entertainment was brilliant. The animation team was very good, max is by far one of the nicest guys that works in the hotel, very interactive with all the guests, although he's not the best dancer, he's the best entertainer and that's what's it's all about!
Looked forward to watching the shows at night, and hoping max would be in more sketches!
He made mine and my friends holiday, and last time we came as well.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Sarahwhite95
Glasgow
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

My husband and I have just returned from a weeks holiday, we were there with friends at this hotel and we shall not be returning.
Good Points
- bar staff and reception staff were extremely helpful, we tipped little and often, around 1 dinar for each round of drinks served
- cleanliness, hotel spotless throughout
- food, good choice, I think there was only one ocassion where we didn't like anything that was on offer
- hotel lobby, lovely area for sitting, large comfortable sofa's and drinks served until 12am
- rooms, bigger than your usual hotel room abroad, make sure you ask for a pool view room if you want sun on your balcony, we were given a sea view room which does not get any sun at all, we asked to be moved which they did on day 3

Bad Points
- Animation team, most were ok but we were constantly harrassed by these people whilst sitting in the hotel lobby trying to enjoy a drink (one in particular), they demanded money for things like bingo and lottery, I told them I didn't like to gamble but I was continually asked throughout the holiday. I also did not appreciate being sneaked up on and having something shouted into my ear. They would also try and but into your private conversations and when ignored would talk over you to get attention. I understand that the hotel employ them to mix with guests but I felt their presence irritating and uncomfortable and annoyed that they wouldn't take no for an answer or take the hint that I wasn't interested in talking to them.
Restraunt waiters - I had read so many great reviews about the service, I was disappointed as the service was slow, you had to shout for top up's and despite generously tipping our waiting I felt the service was less than attentive.
Rooms - The corridor's leading to the rooms are badly in need of a makeover and the rooms themselves are a bit tired. The mattresses defintely need to be replaced, my husband and I spent the entire holiday with a very painful back, the beds were extremley uncomfortable.
Spa - what they don't tell you is that you have to pay to use the indoor swimming pool, 40 dinars per session which is very expensive. given we had really bad weather during our visit being able to use the indoor pool for free or at a reduced cost would have been appreciated

Overall it would have been a good holiday had the animation team not spoiled it for me and the beds had been a bit more comfortable. I got to the point of going straight from dinner to my room and also sunbathing on the balcony as the animation team also annoyed me at the pool.

Room Tip: Pool view room for Sun and sea view room for shade.