“Fantastic holiday.”

Hotel Vendome El Ksar Resort & Thalasso
Ranked #10 of 35 Hotels in Sousse
“Fantastic holiday.”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

This was one of my best holidays. Everyone was so friendly couldn't fault them. The only thing which is a bit annoying is getting up early to put towels on sun beds. Beach was beautiful. Animation team are the best, always entertaining, especially my two favourites Joe & Black. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed May 2013
5 Thank Clairedoctrine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 30, 2013

i read some reviews before we went, but we travel alot , & thought its best to make your own mind up. We went for a week ( only got back yesterday)& im glad it was only a week, firstly id say its more of a 3* hotel, & not 4*, the place was very clean,hotel room was clean, bed was ok really nice view,& nice to see the sun every morning , on opening the curtains(we had a sea view)there was a fridge, hair dryer, no air com till june & it was very hot at night in the room (though alittle nippy outside )we had to sleep with the patio door open.THE FOOD its the worst food ive had anywere, if you like pasta there is lots of it ( i dont)Breackfast was the worst i had pancakes & breadrolls every day,& a boiled egg, the only fruit were dates & 1/4s of oranges, fruit juice was cordiel ( a really cheap one )one day my husband tried the what i could only describe as cabbage & spam , yes that was at breakfast, the omlett frenzie was far to long await,coffee was good, lunch wasnt much better, there is a beach cafe, but again not much choice, & dinner ,well not so good either, ive been in the out back of india & ive ate far better food.The waiters most are misrable & rude,reception staff were always nice ,polite to both me & my husband , the entertainment, well noisey all day around the pool , we only went one night to the show ( i say show very tounge in cheek) was total rubbish, we dont have the same taste as the russian,german & french, they seemed to love it.the beach bar staff were the rudest, one day i was waiting , but they were to busy talking to eachother& had to wait till they finished, the small one with curly hair couldnt process more than one drink at a time, hed give me one drink then stand there looking at you like you were somthing on the bottom of his shoe,& id have to ask for my husbands drink ,in the end i sent my husband, they seemed to get served better,All in all we had a great holiday in the sun, but i wouldnt go back to that hotel again.

1 Thank youngatfifty
london
Reviewed May 26, 2013

OK , this will be along review and is based on a 2 week all inclusive stay . I went as a couple with my boyfriend .. In summery tip maids , pool staff and waiters if you want something done , reception lady during the day was rude and unhelpful , the exchange guy ( short fat one ) often short changed us by a 1 dinar to 10 dinars ( but when asked did give us the full amount be grudgingly ) food was OK /god but lots of queues , animation show for adults mainly in German / French and really poor . Lots of Germans / French / Russians tourists , excursion guy is dogidly persistent to the point of annoyance ,no fresh orange juice and the orange / lemon drink was sickly , soft drinks were flat .

Arriving - arrived at 3 am in the morning . We were made to fill in a form which was just our address and our details. I suggest they should just photocopy our passport as it saves time . We were then told our booked room was not available so we had an alternative room available , so at least they didn't keep us waiting . We weren't given any maps / info about the hotel .

Room - NOT Great the room we were eventually given was bearable . There was no view at all and we asked for a double bed and instead were given a twin bed! When we asked to change room we were told no rooms were available and we had to check back every day . After 4 days of doing this we gave up. Not great . The room was of decent size but the other problem was the bathroom had a smell of urine all the time which was off putting to say the least . It wasn't that the bathroom wasn't cleaned well but it always had this strange smell and it wasn't us .Another issue was there was no TV remote . We told front desk who sent up a maintance man 3 hours after asked who came and left and did nothing and never returned . We tipped the maid who got us one immediately. There is no guide in the room telling you about meal times and locations etc which is strange considering the hotel is so big ! Tv was good sized but there was only 2 English channels - BBC news (4) and MBC2 (22) which has movies .

FOOD - I thought the food was OK , yes its buffet and its of average quality but I thought the amount and variance was good for all times of the day . The queues got annoying but if you want to eat you have no choice . No pork is served .
Drinks are rubbish - we don't drink alcohol so comments on non alcoholic drinks - the lemon / orange squash is disgusting and the sof drinks flat most of the time . The bar was slightly better and would give you unlimited bottles of sealed mineral water which was good .

POOL/BEECH - Clean and well maintained . 3 pools ,1 being indoor . Lots of reserving sun loungers so get up early if you want one by the main pool . The smaller pool had a few remaining at 9 am . You will have to tip if you want a cushion or an stacked sun lounger taken out . Beech lovely and clean . There were sellers of various items about but if you don't want anything just say no money and they will go .

INTERIOR - Good , kept clean and well presented at the front reception , terraces and bar areas . As you get further in you see wear and tear of a hotel that needs a face lift but to me this was minor . Toilets cleaned well although ants would be seen crawling on the floor .

STAFF - reception - we found the main day lady receptionist rude and unhelpful when it came to issues with our room . The exchange guy - PLEASE CHECK YOUR RECEIPT THAT YOU RECIVE THE FULL AMOUNT EXCHANGED . He short changed us a couple of times with the max being 10 dinars . Maids all polite and work hard for the money - consider giving them a dinar a day as they work so hard for little money and they give you extras if you do .
There is a really annoying short guy who asks with out fail every day if you want to go on excursions despite being told no so many times .
Photographer guy also quite annoying that he takes photos as you are walking towards diner or sunbathing and then asks if you want them . I find this very evasive as he has images of me that I didn't give permission for and shouldn't you ask if you want your photo taken first ? I don't like the idea that he has all these images without most peoples permission .He's an odd man as well who kept asking me where I lived and if me and B/F lived together and asking other personal questions which made me weary of him . I found him creepy and I always had my B/F with me when I suspected him around . Strange man is all I have to say .

ANIMATION - Really unfriendly except for the tall thin dark guy and the fair girl with the black hair and fringe . The older bald clown type guy was rude and the others even though I used to pass them in the line up and around the hotel and say Hi , never said hello back . Evening adult show was rubbish , unfunny except for the karaoke and the belly dancing (thurs) .

I wouldn't return to this hotel .

Room Tip: request sea view , if theres a problem tell front desk straight away
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Sousse hotels

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 26, 2013

This was first time in Tunisia and so was little apprenhensive. No reason to be, the El Ksar was a beautiful hotel with such lovely staff to go with it. Could not believe how clean the place was, so many staff who are constantly cleaning and picking litter up.No need to worry about people saving beds as there were 2 attendants who gave the beds out and put the beds where you wanted them. Also on the photos it shows 2 pools, there are infact another 2 and an indoor one. Food was very good, something for everybody, and the cakes were to die for. Staff did not look for tips either, which we had been warned about, they were quite happy to serve you. Have been on other holidays where the Animation team have been chronic, not so here, they were hard working bunch of likeable chappies and girls, must give mention to Black and Tito. Nightclub was more suitable for youngsters but we didnt mind that. All in all wonderful holiday, hope to go back in Sept, Well done.

Room Tip: try and get the sea view over looking the pools, sooo lovely.
3 Thank lyn b
Lamberhurst, null, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 17, 2013

This was a great family holiday. Overall it was excellent. The hotel itself was beautiful and all the staff were happy to help when needed. However the food didn't exceed expectations and was the only thing that was a let down. Food was very samey and not very nice, the fresh pasta and pizza was really the only nice thing. The animation team were brilliant and I they made the holiday. They were fun and buzzing and always very chatty and friendly. They were brilliant with the children. The family bungalow was lovely. Not to far from anything and always clean and tidy. The water was always hot and the air conditioning was perfect. We stayed for 2 weeks and it was beautiful.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank WestonFamily13
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Short & sweet review but we love this hotel, staff were always friendly, animation team really make the holiday we cannot fault it at all... We're well travelled but safe to say this is by far the best!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Jaynemma
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 8, 2013

This is a really great hotel booking in very quick our room was not ready on arrival but were told to go for lunch then return to reception ,this we did & 0n returning our room was ready we had a room on the 3rd floor the rooms are basic but clean plenty of wardrobe space nice bathroom & the water was red hot all the time the view from our balcony was lovely looking straight at the sea and gardens.,There were 2 pools open both kept spotless the grounds are lovely to walk around even though we have no young children we could see so much that children of any age could enjoy.The food was fantastic every evening meal there was either pork/ lamb joints, on other days turkey & chicken no one could ever go hungry here as there was so much choice I would suggest that everyone should try the traditional Tunisian food this was really good .I can give nothing but praise to all the staff they were always very pleasant & very helpful if you had any queries this is another hotel that I would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple