Hotel Vendome El Ksar Resort & Thalasso
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
1,219 results
All reviewsjungle parkanimation teamgreat holidaybeach barpastaprivate beachmini discopool sidewater polopoolswaitersentertainmentgigimaidsvolleyball
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 29, 2012

The Hotel was an Example of what was the best in service and effort from Staff at all levels. However the rating is above what you would expect, as it is now in need of renovation, if it wishes or indeed requires to maintain it's higher rating of four star. My own visit was a late break in the knowledge that the weather in January, is not Ideal for Sun Seekers but just a great break, Food choices are varied and many at all meals. Tunisia is a Fantastic Holiday venue if you want to enjoy yourselves.

Room Tip: Ask to face current season Sun on Balcony
17  Thank frkgolf
El Ksar R, Director of Quality at Hotel Vendome El Ksar Resort & Thalasso, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2012

Thank you for your honest remarks. We are currently refurbishing all of our rooms, bungalows and suites. Therefor we have closed one wing to not disturb our current guests. Today we have added a Bridge Corner, recieved flat screens for all rooms and many more. Soon we will be new and shinning. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed January 22, 2012

Myself, my husband and our 8 month old daughter have just returned from a short break at the ElKsar and i must say we were pleasantly surprised. After reading some of the reviews on here we were slightly apprehensive but there was nothing to worry about at all.
We stayed in room 1200 and even with a cot we had plenty of room.
As we went out of season the pools were too cold to swim in but they were clean and well maintained regardless. The indoor pool was lovely and well warm enough for our baby to spend a good hour in. On one day we had it all to ourselves!
The food was also very nice with lots of choice and a good selection of tunisian food to sample!
The entertainment staff were fab (especially ben, momo and ramzy) and they made a big fuss of our little one. They also introduced us to fellow brits which was great as we didn't feel alone amongst the variety of nationalities present. The entertainment wasn't up to much but some of the staff were new and were learning the ropes. I can imagine it will get better as they practice more!
The area of Sousse itself was great for exploring and we felt very safe outside of the hotel. The medina is well worth a visit for those who like the hustle and bustle of a market but be prepared to say "NO"
We can't comment on childrens activities as the only children there were babies.
We were very well looked after in the restaurant by Azouzie and also in the bar of an evening by Walid.
Although tipping is not a requirement we did it as we felt the staff worked extremely hard for a small wage and our small contribution would help. This paid off as we were remembered and looked after!!
Our only negative comment is in relation to the alcohol. We were all inclusive and found that what came from a whiskey bottle one day tasted completely different the next (nothing like whiskey!)
Having stayed all inclusive many times worldwide we have never had this problem before but overall a very nice hotel in a great place. If you want fish and chips or sausage and mash go to spain!!

Room Tip: The hotel is only 3 floors high - ask for the top floor for a good pool / sea view
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank jayteeto
Reviewed January 11, 2012

i choose this hotel for spend my New Year's vacation.Hotel was very quiet with not many tourists, but animation team was great. And especially thanks to animator MOMO. He was very attentive and polite. He did not give us to bored. MOMO - the best animator!!!

2  Thank Yana_0808
Reviewed January 11, 2012

I spend there 2 weeks with my boyfriend. The weather was poor but It was so cool. We purchased all inclusive opction and really It was all inclusive. First I would like to write about the best animator group which I met. I'm a person who travels a lot so and I can say with a clear conscience - That it was the best team!!! (I miss you guys). 4 stars hotel with very friendly people - great pool, hammam, jacuzzi, shisha bar etc. Extremely tasty food and drinks (real cola, fanta, sprite not fake).
I can write about El Ksar only the positives. I recommend staying, I'm sure you will be satisfied.
Luiza from Poland

Room Tip: All are good :)
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Luiza G
Reviewed January 9, 2012

The Hotel is just 5 min from the beach and there are 3 pools in different locations. There's also an inside pool with a Jacuzzi next to the gym. The gym has old equipments but you can do your own training or join their daily Aqua class with Hamdouche which was really good!

The best with this Hotel is the Animation team (entertainment team), they are really friendly and they really make sure that all guests have a great time. They have a lot activities for all ages and they are not pushy, they leave you alone if you don't want to join in. If it wasn't for them I probably would have had a nice quiet holiday but they made it FANTASTIC!

I believe the facilities are being updated as there was painting and refurbishment going on, but this didn't affect any of the guests. Can't wait to go back and see the outcome. Have no complains on the food - love the salads and the pasta! But they did repeat the same meals which could sometimes be boring. The TV's only english channel is a fuzzy BBC World News but I guess you don't really watch Tv so much when on Holiday.

Once again the Animation team delivered an excellent customer service!

Room Tip: Choose a room that's not above the night club (which is on the lower ground floor). Corner suites maybe on 2nd floor are great!
7  Thank Claudita2012