“Not so great” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Orient Palace Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Orient Palace Hotel
Ranked #20 of 35 Hotels in Sousse
oxford
“Not so great”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

We paid to move to this hotel from Riadh Palms......
Great reception on arrival, we had lunch while waiting for our room and it was ok.
We were given a large, spacious sea-view room which has separate toilet/bathroom. The room was carpeted which carried a lot of stains. Plenty of storage for clothes etc.. and a fridge, 32" flat screen and safe are supplied FOC.
Towels (often stained) were changed daily but they are taken in the morning and fresh ones are not delivered until late afternoon, also supplied are soap, shampoo and shower gel. The cleaning was done daily but its a whip round with a damp cloth and an occasional hoover.
Communal areas are ok and on all landings they have plush luxurious leather sofas but the communal toilets are dire and dont smell to good either.
FOOD.... Appalling, the same food is served EVERY single day at each sitting! and at best its barely warm. I didn't realise Turkey could be served in so many variations but taste the same!
DRINKS... Oh dear, the choice is abysmal, Vodka, Whiskey, and Gin are the only spirits. The local lager is awful and the wine resembles vinegar.
ANIMATION... Ummmmm, well the team work tirelessly ALL day/night but the entertainment was not great infact some of the scenes they do borders on discrimination particularly to disabled people but they are a lovely group.
ALL-INCLUSIVE Package... this simply does not exist in Oct, the only snack bar open was the pizzeria from 4-5pm offering cold limp pizza and a selection of cakes left over from lunch.
STAFF... Reception staff were lovely, always friendly as were the maids, maintenance and pool attendants. Most of the waiters were great with only 1 or 2 exceptions.
Bar staff, well what can i say! A couple of them were brilliant but the rest were rude arrogant and confrontational especially MAJDI, This man is the rudest most arrogant man i have ever had the misfortune to meet. We had family come to visit us who were staying at the Abu Sofiane, Majdi, who couldn't run a mile let alone a bar got his oar stuck in and confused himself on the till but rather than come and tell us he had not charged for one of the drinks he stormed from behind the bar and began screaming and shouting at us in front of all the other guests for HIS mistake, not really the way to treat visitors from a rival hotel!! Horrible man. (by the way when we went to visit our family in the Abu Sofiane in Port El Kantoui we were treated like royalty and the hotel is spotless infact you could eat your dinner of the floor in the plush disabled toilet! Beautiful place).
POOLS/BEACH... Beautiful, clean and well maintained. Always plenty of sunbeds with mattresses available for extra comfort. Beach area is small but clean and the water is warm and very clear.
We would NOT return to this hotel and there were many others that said the same.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank comeonenglandOxford

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Moscow, Russia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

We spent a week in this hotel with my family. The assigned 5stars are not real 5, it must be changed to 4. With the paid money we were satisfied with the room service, the food quality at the main restaurant and the friendly staff working there. The beach is 2 minutes walking from the main building and a nice open pool is always available. Thanks to amazing and very active and positive animation team (Sexy Jo, Kiko, Maya and Salem) the evening mini-disco and different intertaiment programms made our holidays full of good mood!They create fantastic atmosphere! Thank you, team!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Bramley, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

Only stayed one day and two nights. the worst hotel ever. All inclusive does not include meals at bars except from one. You also have to pay extra for sheesha and tea. The food is not fit for dogs. really disgusting and the staff are the rudest staff i have ever come across.

I was luck cos I moved to El Mouradi in Yasmine Hammamet, which I know well. This hotel was smelly, rooms were dirty and the roofs were leaking. All over there was damage.

The other day I saw a positive result on trip adviser on this hotel and it said that it had a perfect massage and sauna center. I took a video of this perfect massage and sauna center. Its closed. There is nothing down stairs, just dirty. I was told that it has never been opened for over 2 years, so where this guy got his massage from I will never know.

I'm trying to get my money back for this hotel and then I will provide the pictures and videos that I made of this disgusting place.

Room Tip: don't go here. save yourself. ad if you get here by mistake then move out quickly. speak to guid...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank krazaq

Travelers are raving about these Sousse hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

Don.t listen to others ! For what we paid it was well worth it! Rooms beach and pool lovely.yes there were problems with the door card ( not the end of the world tho!) Rooms cleaned every say and linen and towels changed but she kept forgetting loo roll lol! Food was nice although very busy! Tip the waiters and they.ll look after you.well the animation team were brilliant they work so very hard sexy joe illyas and of course ballerina! My hubbie gave him england shirt.my son and his girlfriend came over on the saturday and they honestly spent our last 4 days at our hotel as the wonder golf were they were stsying was minging...no lights on stairwell, filthy carpet and bed nesrly on the floor! They could see into next room and there were 4 items out for breakfast so before you critisize this hotel you should look round and also do your homework the star system in tunisia is always one less.so once again thank you very much animation team you were superb...yes reception staff rude - who cares you don.t have a lot of dealings with them so don.t let them ruin your well earned holiday..oh and I think the rooms are lovely too !

Room Tip: Forth floor lovely view
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Vinnytsya, Ukraine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

All the conditions match the price if you want a super condition, you can relax in a different expensive hotel. I knew where I go and at what price,i did not expect something supernatural but I liked it. The hotel is not new, but good. Personally, I have arranged everything - room and service and food. The most important thing for me was the sea, the sun, rest. And all I want - I got at this hotel. I can say thanks to the staff, funny guys from animation team!!! Everybody was welcoming! Who goes on vacation to look for bugs always find them, and who goes to rest –you will have a rest. I do not mind visit this place in the future!

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
wolverhampton
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

on arrival we were told by a v rude receptonist that our rooms were not ready and go the get something to eat! which we did but the resutrant manager would give us a table as we didnt have a room number
an hour later we went back to reception to be told come back in half an hour
we did we eventually got to our room!! there was to towels sheets on the bed or pillow cases!!

the resutrant is like a cattle market with the russians and germanys pushing in all the time as they dont quie
the food i must add was nice

nice beach and pool side
we gave the waiter a 10 dinar tip on our first day and he would b-come looking for us to bring us drinks
back to the room rhe door lock failed everdayday which meant going to see mr happy on reception
would i stay again never!!
go to mouradi beach hote; it is 1000 times better

Room Tip: go eleswhere
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank paul r
wales
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

If your thinking about booking, DON'T!.. If you have already booked and are able to change hotels, DO IT & QUICKLY,... If like myself you have booked and are going, once you get over the shock on arriving & get used to the constant chaos.. Your simply left with two choises!. You can get upset for just about everything this Fawlty Towers hotel offers ( or doesn't offer!) .. Or adapt and make the most of what you can.. I choose the second option and although I strongly DONT recommend it, I ended up having a lovely week by laughing my way through every complication along the way. Waiting for what would go wrong next!!!...I was told this hotel, many moons ago, was 5 star until they decided to double the size of it. The resturant, bar , outside space , beach area had not been taken into consideration causing havoc!.. Too many people & not enough space. Not enough staff to manage hotel and can clearly see its being run into the ground. In its current condition I would give it 2 star rating. This hotel needs to be closed down , cleaned up , and every area addressed before reopening .. This is a lovely beach front hotel in a very sad condition at the moment

Room Tip: Ask to change if your not happy?
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo