“A lot of fun!!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Orient Palace Hotel
Ranked #20 of 35 Hotels in Sousse
“A lot of fun!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

Last week I was in Tunisia in City sousse hotel ORIENT PALACE and it was the best holidays in my life! Before my holidays somebody told me that its dangerous to go to Tunisia but I am convinced that the people there are very friendly and kind! The hotel is very clean and big. We had a lot of fun with our animation team, they are always cheerful. Thanks to all animation team they are the best and special thanks to animation manager Ilyea he is so friendly, energetic and dances very well!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Izmaylova

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

There was at this hotel in the past and this year! I want to say that the staff is very friendly, food excellent, the food was excellent,and of course the sea! I really like this country,this city and the people who live there,there all steeped in a loving and good atmosphere! Yet the most important thing is fun,something we go there, and the animation I'm very pleased! Especially chef animator Ilyas! Want to tell him and especially thank you for the many smiles and excellent mood! Tunisia I love you and I will come back again and again!

Room Tip: Sea view, 2 floor!)
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Moscow, Moscow City, Russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

Got a suite near the beach with my girlfriend and had an amazing time. The room was clean and modern, the beach clean and full of chairs, and the pools very good. Be sure to the night club and animation, top notch! Animation team is very good and professional! Thanks to Ilyes who spent animation at the highest level! Had a great time and highly recommend.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
North Yorkshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

Stayed for 10 days during Aug, unfortunately we arrived at the end of Ramadan and the hotel was swamped with tunisian/muslim guests that really affected our stay, not at dig at these guests but they travel in large family groups and I thought that the restaurant struggled to cope, we had to queue constantly at lunch and evening meal and the food wasnt really worth waiting for, nothing is labelled, no fresh cooking station.

The second largest visitor group were Russian and if you have never been on a holiday were Russians are staying then lucky you, if you want to know what they are like, ask one or two of the waiters.

The hotel itself is never 5 star, I would rate it as a reasonable 3 star, only 1 bar in the evening and the pool bar during the day isnt up to much. Cant understand the obsession some reviewers have with the animation team, it's the same routine every day, darts, water aerobics, water polo and the evening stuff didnt float my boat either.

Room was clean but very dated, overall service was ok but I have never had to sign for every drink at an AI hotel before, it slows the service down whenever it is already below average.

We tried to make the best of it but I never picked up reading previous reviews that the British are only a small selection of the hotel guests, hope that if you have already booked this hotel you have a better experience than we did.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Riga, Latvia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

We was in Sousse with my husband in August of 2013. It's was my first visit to Tunisia. But I really liked it. Hotel is very good. We liked to go to animation they have lovely animation team with great animation director Ilyes and his assistant Ramzi good muzhchiny.They make fun for us every time!!!! Thanks to them too much!!!!!! We are planing to return in October of 2013 !)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

Good day!
I will not describe a lot about this hotel. I will say one thing I liked. The rooms were clean, the service at the hotel is good. Hungry or when not staying. My daughter was thrilled with the sea. I especially want to thank the group of animators. The guys are just great, did not have to be bored.
Especially chief animator Ilyes.
Thank you very much.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

Just yestarday came back from Sousse! Really great country. we had a lot of fun here. Hotel is so good, very nice animation team, thanks too much to Ilyes he is excellent job and good dancer!
if this animation team will work next year in this hotel we will go in June!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends