“I'm very satisfied !”

Ranked #19 of 35 Hotels in Sousse
Chorzow, Poland
“I'm very satisfied !”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

I was this year for the first time in Tunisia (in August.). It was my honeymoon, so I dreamt about wonderful holidays. I idin't know nothing before about the hotels, but I choose Orient Palace because I found speciall offer with very attractive price for this hotel. I was really positivelly surprised with this hotel: warm wellcome in the reception, very comfortable, spacious room, kind staff in the restaurant (food maybe could be better, but I don't complain), rich animation programm and very friendly animation staff with their great chief - Sabri. Hotel is well situated in the quiet place in half-way between Sousse and Port El Kantaoui, so we could spend very good and active time in the hotel and in the surroundings. My wife also is very satisfied of these holidays, so sure we will come back to Tunisia and also sure to Orient Palace.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Tomek500

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Krakow, Poland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

I have read most of the reviews and must admit some are simply unfair. This is not a 5 star hotel indeed (like Mövenpick Resort & Spa), but it used to be and you can feel it at almost every step. Spacious apartments with marble bathrooms, fantastic Arabic decorations in the lobby, outstanding main hall with an enormous chandelier, original reception desk and many many more.

What made me feel great? Cosy atmosphere of the place - it's a huge hotel, but it feels very intimate, especially if you somehow choose the west side room.

How about the food? Do not expect a lot of meat-based meals, you might get disappointed. What you will get is a great variety of typical Tunisian cuisine. Rice is great and well spiced, pastry is delicious, so are the ice creams.

Hotel beach? It looks tiny on the photos, but once we got there it came out to be one of the best one on the coast (and believe me, we made a 10 km run each morning so we had a comparison). It's clean and well maintained.

Bad weather? No problem - try the indoor swimming pool, check out the games room, smoke shisha with friends, surf the internet in the main lobby or relax on the balcony with your e-book reader (and with some whiskey from the airport duty-free shop : )

To conclude - I knew what I could expect and that's exactly what I got. If you're on a budget trip, this is the best place to stay in Sousse.

Room Tip: west side rooms are quieter. ground floor level is high and safe, rooms have the largest balconies t...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Jan K
Belgrade, Serbia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

I am staying in Tunisia for business purpose, so I use my weekends to travel around. I've been to Sousse for more than 5 weekends and this is by far the worst hotel I stayed. It suppose to be a 5 star hotel, but some things shouldn't happen in 5 star hotel.

I was traveling with a few friends of mine and my girlfriend. One friend and two of us arrived around 2PM and we waited for 30 min to check in. After they gave us the room keys we went to rooms. On our surprise my friend room was still not clean. We found the bed prepared to be taken from the room (as he checked as single). After his complain to the receptionist he waited another 45 min in the bar (not offered by hotel, so he payed for the coffee).

After this my GF and me went to check the pool. It was not clear 100% and it's small compering how many people is staying in the hotel. The beach is also crowded. We stayed by the beach (which is small, just two or tree rows of sunbeds).

Later in the evening others checked in and they where complaining about their rooms as well. We went to a restaurant outside.

In the morning everybody went to have a breakfast at different time. As some of us stayed late at night they went around 6AM and the food was good, no complains. Few of us we went between 9 and 10 AM and we all had a problem finding a food or a cup for a coffee. One girl was fighting with a hotel stuff as he was rude to her as she didn't get tray for the coffee cup?!?

All in all you should find better hotel for this money. I know I will for my next weekend.

Room Tip: Don't get a room on ground floor.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank ICT_conrtactor

Travelers are raving about these Sousse hotels

Tunis, Tunisia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

I spent 2 nights in this hotel with my wife and baby from 08th Sept to 10th Sept. It was an excellent stay from the first day. A wonderful service in the restaurant, swiming pool, beach...ect.

smiling server and staff... I advice all my friend and familly to go there for the future visit to sousse.

Thanks to all staff and to the hotel management.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Heerlen, The Netherlands
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

My sister and i went to this hotel this summer, 2012!!!! You really dont want your money to go to this place. The staff is the rudest i have ever seen, they will not leave you in peace when they have to make money but when you ask them to do something for you they are just the rudest ever, simple horrible. Staff touches you and is trying to ask you out and get you into the sack....
We filed a complaint and 2 days later we have to go back to the Front Office to ask for an update.
The rooms are outdated and badly cleaned. Never heared of a vacuum cleaner??? The tv is old and not working properly, they sound is like a bad reception of a radio. The housekeepr knockes on your door whenever he would like to do so, even if you have a Do Not Disturb sign on your door!!! I can go on and on, but i think you get my point. We are really no complainers but this is hell. Last being said i will round of that there are only russian guests in this hotel, being a dutch is the minority!!!

Room Tip: Check the hotels next door!!!
5 Thank NancyPeters
Plymouth
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

Me and my partner have just spent 2 weeks at this hotel (5th August-19th August). We had a fantastic time. All of the staff were very pleasant.

Big thank you to Marek, Hassen, Taraque & Farouque from the restaurant who always welcomed us with big smiles, and made us feel very welcome. Large choice of food and pastries that were exquisite.

Also big thank you to the bar staff, especially Yosseff, as the service was very good considering they were so busy.

The pool and beach area was well run with plenty of sunbeds available. Jamal the pool worker always made sure you had a sunbed and mattress. The man who sorted towels was very friendly and always ready to practice English with you.

Big thanks to the animation team, who worked extremely hard, all hours of the day and night, they were very friendly.

Finally a massive thank you for the laughs from Mido (a member of the animation team).

The hotel is dated but is very clean and well run, and the staff make your stay fantastic.

7 Thank Robert B
Warsaw, Poland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

Located on the outskirts of Sousa, the center had reached 15-20 min walk away, but near there were several sizeable shopping "Malls" very well supplied both food and souvenirs (good prices).
The object itself very nice and clean - in the hall every day could be seen cleaning ladies and gardeners around the building. Rooms large and well equipped, clean (cleaned daily), disputes the terrace and bathroom.
Restaurant quite large, although sometimes crowded at times. You can always count on a clean cover and cutlery. Food is varied and although mostly Arabic flavors has something for everyone. Supports quite nice, but when I came a lot of people willing to bickering Poles and Russians, their enthusiasm definitely settled and began to treat all of the reserve (unless they are suitably convinced dinarami).
Pool large and very crowded so it was a place to swim a lot. Russians and Poles booked space for pool and beach from 6 am 10 so I could only count on the most vulnerable places. One of the men making mattresses even demanded a tip (we called him "the grandfather of the forest"), to his anger, so I never got. Other swimming pool willing to help and helpful. Nice gentlemen in bars, polite waiters - especially young people, with older it was different - we operate the Russians dinarami starker.
Narrow beach, daily maid service clean of what the sea thrown out (garbage, seaweed). The water sports center next door (parachutes, water skiing, snowmobiles, motorboats, banana, etc).
The main feature is the sensational group of animators: Alex - an experienced assistant chief, Mamadou laughter from aqua aerobics and darts, Mido - joker though it seems a little serious, Dali - a young schoolboy. Above all watch Sam - a very funny and polite gentleman who is always there to help.
Overall a very nice hotel, in comparison with the Egyptian, the same standard of revelation - clean, with friendly service. I highly recommend it!

1 Thank Wojtek P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sousse
Marhaba Beach Hotel
#14 of 33 in Port El Kantaoui
Sousse Palace
Sousse Palace
#12 of 35 in Sousse

Been to Orient Palace Hotel? Share your experiences!