“The lovely holiday”

Orient Palace Hotel
Ranked #22 of 35 Hotels in Sousse
Reviewed October 20, 2011

when we came to Orient Palace we met a lot of friendly staff. everything in the hotel is nice and perfect! Our room is big and very nice. they clean the room every day and they are friendly and polite to us. The service all over the hotel is excellent, reception, bar, animation, restaurants, disco and the swimming pool. our holiday was very nice and we was very happy and wanna come back next year. :)

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank renate h
Cherif B, Directeur général at Orient Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2011

thank y very much for your nice remark, your commentary will be turn words into different country, so it help us to continue our hard work in order to satisfy all our Lovely guest.
We wish see y again ASAP
Best Regards
BEN NESSIRA Chérif

Reviewed August 31, 2011

I just came back from Tunis and I am still very upset.
I was stolen a pair of brand new sandals from the hotel room while I was on the two days excursion to the desert. I have reported the theft to the management but to no avail. I have reported the theft to the police as well with the same result.
A part from this terrible experience, the hotel is not worth the classification. It shouldn't have more than two stars under any possible criteria. It's old, dirty, sad, the staff is not polite, the manager is extremely arrogant, the food is food is not good, the beach is small and dirty, the beach staff send you away at 5.30 p.m., because they want to go home, the rooms are old and smelly, the only English channel on TV is BBC News, the carpets are very dirty in the room and in the hallways.
It might have been 5 stars in the '80's, but I am afraid it has never been refurbished since. The only good thing is that it is half empty... but for a reason.
I will never go back there and I don't recommend it to anyone.
Cheers

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank yael14
Reviewed October 6, 2010

My wife and I stayed at the hotel in September. First - the good points. The hotel has quite a good location, with good access to a sandy (but small) beach. However, when we were there both the pool area and the beach were very crowded, and the pool area had a loud sound accompanying aerobics - all of which made it impossible to want to settle down outside.

The food was acceptable, although the buffet section of the dining room was very warm.

The main problem we had was with our bedroom . In fact, two bedrooms, as we were allocated a suite of some sort. That was where the good news ended. The toilet was flooded when we arrived. It took several requests for someone to come and sort it out, by which time my wife would have liked to have returned home. Then. like London buses, three members of staff came at the same time.

The bathroom and toilet were badly in need of redecoration - with several amateurish attempts clearly having been made in the past. The shower curtain had stains on it - which suggested that it might have been used previously in the film "Psycho" (I dread to think of the explanation if that were not the case.

And the room key! Electronic keys were used - which is fine if they work! Ours worked first time - but after an hour or two failed to work, and this necessitated a visit to reception to get a new one. I must have visited reception 15 times in 3 days - which would not have been so bad if the room had not been some way away on the third floor - and, of course, you didn't know the key didn't work until you got to the room.

Altogether a pretty unplesanat experience in a hotel that badly needs money spent on renovating it.

• Stayed: September 2010
2  Thank oldie076
Reviewed September 30, 2010

Before decided to stay here had red all reweivs and hope bad ones were unfair! in reall they were true! hotel is like an allient from USSR times brought out from the 70-s of the past week!
terrible amenities, no animation, sttuff which is to be tiped. no good uderstunding of English, very poor AI package.
Reall 3 star hotel, but quite big to claim 5 star!!!! Very long and bad smelling dark corrodors. Hotel is furnished with artificial wooden panels! seemed we've been in USSR pansion! Be carefulll to your vocation, choose another hotel! food and desserts were good! ohanaram@mail.ru

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank armtraveller
Reviewed July 28, 2010

I just returned from Tunisia, stayed in Orient Palace in Sousse for 14 days.It claimes 5 stars but never is. The hotel looked nice but it old enough. To be honest it has very nice location although the beach part is very narrow and short. Food is OK for what you pay for it. Animation is poor but bearable. The bad part is service. Very slow, ignoring even though you tip service personal all the time. But I want draw your attention to a special person. It's a towel guy!!! The person from who you get towels every day and have to bring back till 18 00. The ugliest, rudest person I've ever met. Almost every guest I've talked to complained about him to manager but he is still there. Don't know any language except his native, never listen what you tell him, arguing all the time with guests, chasing you through whole yard for towel you want keep longer. After few days you want just punch him in face. Don't let him to ruin your vacation.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank honestourist
Reviewed June 24, 2010

I stayed here on a half board basis for 4 days in June. On arrival I asked for a really nice room, which I was duly given! Service all round was great. Staff were charming (and I witnessed some terrible treatment of staff by some guests). Food hot and varied. Animation didn't seem up to much but I'm not interested in that. I think the complaints of other reviewers are unfair. If you treat people well, you will be treated well in return This is a good hotel trying hard to keep high standards, and generally they are succeeding. This is Africa, if you want everything to be just like at home, then stay at home!!!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
6  Thank Foxyverger
Reviewed June 8, 2010

Awful is a very nice word to describe this vaccation at this hotel. The food was uneatable. The theme restaurant, oriental evening, served food quickly but it was all disgusting. We and several others returned the main course after one bite. One good thing (or bad, depends how you see it) was that the desserts were amazing...

The beds were terrible, it felt like we were sleeping on cement. Cleaners, as well as those who were in the restaurant was very nice but the other staff was unpleasant and it seemed that our presence destroyed their lives.

Shopping in Sousse was a nightmare. It was cheap but in many shops, you had to discuss the price and they did not give up until you had bought something.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple