“a very good holiday”

Jinene & Royal Jinene Hotels
Ranked #24 of 35 Hotels in Sousse
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I spent a week with my husband, it's beautiful. A good personal Home. Room clean and well decorated for honeymoon. a welcome cocktail. The restaurant is large, several choices of dishes are delicious. Theme nights beautiful beach. The hotel is near the Port Kantaoui. I highly recommend

Room Tip: all rooms are good
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank maher m

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Stayed 2 weeks, chose this hotel because of location (needed convenient location for trips to inland and along the coast) and also good all-inclusive deal.
My overall impression was quite good as I do not need any luxury. Was lucky I visited in early spring when only one third of the hotel was occupied. That meant a lot of space in 2 small pools (one inside, second outside) and not busy bar and restaurant either. Food was ok, cant complain.
Room was spacious and clean with beautiful sea view and balcony (got very high floor) - first thing I saw was blue sea after wake up, cool.
So far so good..and now...staff...only real disappointment, reception not welcoming, bar staff slow (odd considering the fact I was sitting many times alone there) + some strangers offering "nice" trips to only God knows where (everybody must already know it is a trick).
Moreover, they kept begging for tips...I have no problem to give a tip, but they simply did not deserve for service they provided.
Good staff (I would say even excellent) I found only in the restaurant, really nice, smiley and friendly 2 waiters, could not have done more for me (those I kept tipping every single night, they should have given some customer service lessons to colleagues).
They organized "social evening" every other day (karaoke, competitions etc.), not very successful, but may be fun when hotel is full and have more people to interact to.

Resume...I would stay again if given the same price.
I would like to rate this hotel as Good, but I have to choose between Average and Very Good, so I choose Very Good just because of having two great weeks in Tunisia.

Room Tip: Try to get room with sea view.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed March 29, 2013

The hotel was very nice. Staff was very good too. Still smiling. The food was good, but a lot of ....a lot of vegetables. Suitable for vegetarians. Cleaners are also always smiling and always said hello. That I liked. The rooms were always clean and tidy. Balcony large enough. You can relax on it, if you have enough sun. Umbrellas and sun beds were free, we always found some free just for us. Minus was that you could ask only one bottle of water per room per day, and also always only two glasses of water per person. If you would like more water, you had to turn to after her return. Do they give you more than two glasses of water per person. Delicious wine, hard liquor alone, we did not try. We had just shakes. Beach was great, but it was quite small. Sea was crystal clear and the beach every morning the hotel staff cleans up. Always could bathe in it. The only drawback was the orientation of the beach. In the afternoon sun, treated for hotel and could not sunbathe.In Tunisia, we are very pleased. I would go there again. Very nice experience was a trip to the nearby Friguia park. It´s lovely ZOO. It also is very much in the nearly port of Port el cantoi where you can safely get a taxi for a relatively low price. In this port have a beautiful ships Hollywood stars.I love Tunisia.you will not regret..

Room Tip: Room with sea view.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lucia V
mohsen192, Directeur général at Jinene & Royal Jinene Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

we appreciate your comment and we are happy to make your holiday confortable and nice
we try always to provide a good service to our guests ...
welcome to royal jinene and full succes in your life

Reviewed September 14, 2012

I took my family to Royal Jinene in March of this year as a surprise holiday. I have 6 children, one has a serious medical condition and another is profoundly disabled in a wheelchair. The facilities at the hotel were fine, the food was great and plentiful and the love and care shown to my special children was second to none. The staff could not have been more helpful, even down to our lovely chambermaid washing my daughters pyjamas every morning!! The gentleman at the pool was great fun and my children still talk about this holiday all the time. So to anyone who may have reservations forget them! I am on this site booking to go again and the only hotel I will consider is the Royal Jinene. Well done Mr Director and all the lovely staff, we will see you again in the spring. Sarah Boote-Cook and children.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 30, 2012

I made a round trip through Tunisia together with two friends. One had booked a single room. When we arrived the employee at the reception proposed us the "Royal suite" as they had no single room available. Before we accepted we first had a look on the suite of course. It was a huge room, very nicely decorated with one separated bedroom, twin beds, a nice sized bathroom and separated toilet. Of course we accepted. Unfortunately we didn't know that each time one of us took a shower the water seeped into the the toilet and the floor was always wet. When late evening I wanted to go into my bed, I sat on it and it cracked ! We removed the mattress and found the laths broken. It was too late to claim so we put some thick covers under the broken laths to keep the mattress straight, but it made an awful noise each time I moved. First thing next morning was to inform the reception. They promised me to have it repaired immediately. At noon it still wasn't repaired or replaced. I asked them again, and was told they would do it right away. When we came back late evening the bed was nicely made even decorated with butterfly folded out of the bath towel ! I put my mattress on the floor and camped in the Royal Suite ! The pictures below say more than words !

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Ingrid N
mohsen192, Manager at Jinene & Royal Jinene Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2012

We thank our guests for their comment our concern is to provide better service
For this case it is correct we move the guests to Royal jinene 4 stars with no supplement
we give them a suite with sea view and pool view For the brocken bed our maintenance service
is on duty on the time and they repair this bed at time according to our registration.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

my mum and i stayed at this hotel between may and june 2012,and we really enjoyed our stay at this hotel,the rooms were basic,but very clean as they were done everyday,the only thing that was missing was a hairdryer,but as i have been told by the director,mohsen ben mohumed that they are goin to be fitted in the near future,what can i say all the staff were great,do anything for you,the food in the resturaunt,was good as well,the beach is only 2mins away,and if you want to go shopping it is only a short walk away,the royal jinene is next door,and it is 4star,we had a look at this one and asked to see a room,and would defo go back and stay at this one in the near future,it has got indoor swimming pool,gym,sauna and massage facilities.i would certainly recomend anyone of these two hotels,..

Room Tip: we had a corner room,and it had a large veranda,which suited my mum...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank 862tiger111
mohsen192, General Manager at Jinene & Royal Jinene Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

We appreciate your comment and we are happy to know that you have enjoyed your stay
in Jinene hotel with your Mum for the Hairdryer in Jinene it is in our budget for the near
future Thank you and welcome to Royal jinene

Reviewed April 5, 2012

Like many on here I have stayed in many hotels in Tunisia.
To sum it up:
Food disgusting and public health warning should go with it! Raw chicken... Grease on the floor in dinning room pertential death trap!
Room ok but bedding old stained and not pleasant.
Public bar areas tired dark and dismal!
Staff miserable blighters.
All inc a joke - drinks v limited. ( and stayed many places before that all inc in Tunisia and drinks good!)
Thank goodness we did 3 nights and got transferred to great hotel Tej Marharba where all of the above is no issue and made to feel welcome and relaxed. AVOID AVOID AVOID ROYAL JINENE. NOTHING ROYAL ABOUT IT!

• Stayed: April 2012
5  Thank Delia36
mohsen192, General Manager at Jinene & Royal Jinene Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2012

Surprised by this comment with exageration..we inform our dear guests that hotel
Royal jinene use HACCP system..we have Hygieniste to control the cleanliness in
whole hotel and to check the food.
For all inclusive system the drinks are served from 10 to midnight with no limit