“Fantastic customer service”

Marhaba Beach Hotel
Ranked #3 of 35 Hotels in Sousse
Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

I spent a week at the hotel with my two children, must admit a little dubious as my first holiday abroad without my husband, But did not need to worry,We had a great time, a fantastic quiet room 364,which was refurbished with jacuzzi bath, flat screen tv fridge and balcony overlooking the sea, must admit took a DVD player and DVDs to watch in the eve, but my two could not wait for the evening entertainment.
Free wifi in reception.
A big thank you to Rochdi who answered all my emails before our holiday, his customer care is outstanding nothing was too much trouble.
Brainek in the restaurant thank you for making Lydia's 11 birthday so special, flowers on the table, balloons and banners not forgetting the gorgeous cake with Louis Vuitton chocolates and of course making sure we were never without a drink!.
Only downside is the smoking in the bar areas and bedrooms.
But would definitely return, lovely hotel, great staff, relaxing week in the sun what more do you need to re charge your batteries.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank FirthView
There are newer reviews for Marhaba Beach Hotel

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Second time l have been to this hotel, very clean hotel, grounds are lovely, waiters are always ready to serve you. The only thing that let it down this year was the entertainment and shows were the same as last year!!!! food was excellent, hate the fact you feel you have to tip all the time, the last day l was woken up by the maid asking for her tip.

Room Tip: sea views on second floor are lovely
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank JennyNewsome
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I stayed here in 2011 with my partner, check in was fairly fast. We had a bellboy who took our suitcases up to our room, he generously showed us around our room, bathroom & balcony along with showing us how to use the aircon then stood there awkwardly for a tip as i had no local currency on me he brutly mentioned he accepts British pounds. The hotel felt awkward, due to the beach restaurant having prices down the menu and additional charges who i think were for non all inclusive (But were free).

The beach - few local cats which i was happy to feed an pet although i can understand then being an annoyance.

The beach wasn't an amazing view, but was warm, and sand was nice with no stones, shells or seaweed. Although step over the little rope "beach boarder" prepared to be harassed by people selling anything they can to you. Although the beach boarder keeps them from approaching you if you're on the sun loungers.

Food - i'm not a fussy eater.. Although i found myself eating the same types of food quite regularly. My partner virtually ate pizza, chips, chicken & ice cream through the holiday as she is quite fussy on what to eat. Some of the foods i turned down were foods i'd enjoy, just how they were presented didn't make them very appealing. There was a grill bit where they cooked meat to order and was nice, the guy serving was a true gent and with politeness and general chat began to serve extra (Well deserved tip at the end our holiday) Also i'm not sure if they still make you have your own allocated table throughout your stay, but we did. As my partner was tired on our first night i went to dinner alone.. On approaching the table there was another couple already there.. Who mentioned that our table was shared. i sat down feeling awkward and a little rude to interrupt there meal. This wasn't a problem as we became friends throughout the holiday and arranged our meet times so we all ate together, i guess we were lucky to get seated with a couple who were our age & were like minded with personalities like our own. But get seated with a rude couple and you may find it unenjoyable.
On entering the only dinner restaurant in the hotel there was a guy who would try sell you photo's from the night before or try take couple photo's for you (At a charge) this did become an annoyance as it was every night he was there.

Rooms - Were pretty nice & well maintained. Maids did an excellent job. Also worth tipping.

Beds were comfy, shower was powerful with great temperature controls, we had a pool view from our balcony which was okay. A big factor was the rooms were fairly modern which i feel can make a big difference. Room 6/10 comparing to previous holidays
But for Price paid 9/10

There was another hotel pool which was much larger than our own which we sometimes used... But made our pool quieter which was nice.
Around our pool we had a gent who placed out sun loungers where ever you wanted. This stopped what happens at most resorts which was getting up extra early to claim beds - this was a nice touch to stop this. This too was worth the odd tip.

The smoothie guy... Where to begin, a little sleazy, annoying and enjoyed a good perv but was all out of harmless fun.. And did make me laugh several occasions, smoothies were nice although an additional price of 5 Dina i think, they wasn't worth drinking every 30-50 minutes of him coming around the pool and beach shouting out about them. Still worth to try when you're there.

Also there was a guy on the complex who was advertising exertions -i stayed polite and checked what hr had to offer, a little pricier then what i'd seen and when i told him i'd look about for prices became a little rude and made me feel guilty for going with Thomas cook to which they don't make as much money out off. Still he didn't bother me the rest of the holiday.

Trips were good but pricey, we did the zoo - which be prepared to pay extra to get a picture with the dolphin which felt like it was rushed to get the photo taken to have the next person on there.

The staff there were pretty cool, they would happily and voluntarily get animals out of there encloses for you to get photo's with them. (We had an ostrich with my girlfriends arm holding an ostrich egg) was a decent picture to get and was well worth the odd tip.

We did the 2 day drip of the star was filmset & village.

On the coach, it dragged massively, along with our guide talking non stop about olive fields.

Every stop point be prepared to be harassed by children or men with scruffy looking animals which look far from looked after. They would try get your photo's with them and demand money for this. Personally i refused due to not agreeing to pay for this as the animals looked mistreated.

The trip was well worth it though but took a big chunk out of our week long holiday. But when again are we going to ride camels in the desert? And see the star wars film set...

This review is long over due and was from July 2011. Things may differ from then till now.

• Stayed: July 2012
3  Thank Mattholley
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We must have been the unlucky ones. Stayed 4 days in late April and had poor weather. Not the hotels fault but by staying in more, left no choice but to scrutinise the residence.
Everything is what you would expect from a 4 star hotel except the food. Most dishes were bland and warm-ish. Nothing tasted like you expected it to. Also, the natural water tastes salty, so this factors in hot drinks. Try and get bottled water if possible. The gym was good but as it is part of the indoor pool, so was only open between 9am-7pm. Very annoying. You are never around at these times. The staff were good but some cannot speak English well. There should be a no smoking policy in the reception area, even the Brits started lighting up willy nilly. All in all the weather is the most important. If you get here for 25 degrees plus, you'll forget everything else.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank hassan_6903
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I just got back from Tunisia where I stayed at this hotel. It was wonderful! Great location, exceptional choice of fresh food, lovely friendly atmosphere from staff and holiday makers all around. It was especially good for families with children, couples or even those seeking adventure. There's so much to do within the location and everyone outside of the hotel was extremely friendly too. I booked an all inclusive package which meant that all I needed to worry about was spending money. Everything seemed so reasonably priced. (When labelled!) Furthermore, there's so many things that you can buy but learn how to haggle first as they really enjoy doing it! Most importantly, when packing to go on this holiday, make sure that you leave enough space in your suit case for goodies you may want to bring back from this holiday. Definitely a place worth visiting at least once in a lifetime.

Room Tip: Ask for sunny sea view room.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank RubyBlue45
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I stayed in this hotel and we really enjoyed ourselves. The Staff were very helpful and the location excellent. I went with my wife and little 1 year old and we really enjoyed himself. The Hotel was clean inside and out and the food was awsome with so much variety. My only negative was the loud music from the next door hotel which went on till Midnight, but other than that I would definately go again, I booked everything via Thomsons all inclusive for 11 nights for £1K which i thought was well worth the money.

Room Tip: Try to get a seaview room
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Shamim A
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I am returning from a week at the Marhaba beach hotel in April. The weather has been good which always makes a holiday more enjoyable. I was impressed overall with the hotel, which as other reviewers have pointed out offers excellent service and represents great value for money. You get a little hassle off people trying to sell you things (jetski, paragliding and camel rides) on the beach, but nothing too serious. I didn't really venture outside the hotel complex, but again expect people to try and sell you things if you do.
I also wouldn't worry too much about the tipping issue. I tipped the maids 10 dinar (about £4) at the end of the stay (for what I found to be excellent service) and the waiter who brought me drinks at lunch and dinner the same amount. Otherwise tipping 1 dinar here and there is appreciated by the staff.

Other good things about the hotel included a superb indoor swimming pool, (I'm guessing 25m) and gym and decent wi-fi in my room (on the 4th floor). The bar was lively in the evenings and the animation team did a good job of entertaining the guests, who seemed to mainly be British and German.

My only slight issue was the food. I am not a fussy eater at all, but it was typical all-inclusive fare, with a not particularly fresh salad and fruit selection. Evening meals were livened up by live music and were often themed (in terms of the food) I didn't go for breakfast all too often, so can't really comment on that.

I would definitely recommend the hotel- it offers superb value for money and high levels of service.

Room Tip: Fourth floor seems to be newly renovated. Try to get a sea view room. Quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank adam_hunt59
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sousse
JAZ Tour Khalef Thalasso & Spa
#8 of 33 in Port El Kantaoui
Marhaba Salem
Marhaba Salem
#5 of 35 in Sousse

Been to Marhaba Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!