Marhaba Club Hotel
Ranked #11 of 36 Hotels in Sousse
Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

Myself and my partner have recently returned from this hotel and can honestly say it's the best week I have ever had..!! On walking into the hotel you could smell how clean it was staff were helpful and some friendly than others but that's typical of most places. We did some excellent trips and would highly recommended the zoo and El jem. There was always something to eat and drink. Only negative thing would not much seating outside like the marharba hotel. Overall i would definitely recommend this hotel we loved every second of our holiday.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lisa197637
marhabaresorts, Responsable relations clients at Marhaba Club Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2014

dear lisa:
thank you for taking the time to post your review on trip advisor.
we thank you for pointing out the cleanliness of our grounds because this is an aspect of primary importance for Marhaba hotel and we strive to give total confidence in this area .
and it is a pleasure to read that you have the attention to come back
Please contact us before your next visit , we will be thrilled to help facilitate your stay.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

Just got back from a trip to the Marhaba Club Hotel.

Overall impression of the hotel was very good on arrival and the main lobby area was nice with many seating options. Check-in was quick and easy but had a small wait whilst room was cleaned and prepared. Not a problem with us as it was still late morning. Was able to sample the local brew whilst waiting!

Had booked a sea-view room but was given a ground floor room with no sea-view. A little disappointed in this but as it was facing the grounds rather than the car park and was close to the lobby decided not to change. However, if one has paid extra for a sea-view a sea-view should be given and would have asked to change except for the proximity to the lobby.

Guests have full use of both the Marhaba Hotel and the Marhaba Club Hotels in all aspects except the rooms. The restaurant in the Marhaba Hotel is a lot bigger and appears to be less of a scramble at meal times. Both hotels now appear to be open at lunchtime. Found that there was always something edible at all times and would say the food was very good. Somethings I didn't like but that's the same over here.

There are two pools in use (not counting the indoor one, which was always nearly empty). The one at the Club was the quieter of the two. This being mainly due to water slides at the Marhaba which kept the children there amused. This let the adults without children at the Club have a more 'relaxing' time. Plenty of sunbeds available. The swim-up bar was very good at the Club and staff there courteous, friendly and efficient. The Marhaba has self serve draft beer, wine and soft drinks by the pool.

Both lobby areas have bars and the service is good with a range spirits and cocktails available. Would say I preferred the Marhaba bar as it has a wonderful glass-panelled outdoor seating area that look over the grounds.

The wonderful beach shared by both hotels is very clean and there was never a shortage of sunbeds. Various activities are available at the beach which includes the very popular parasailing for around £20 for two people. There is also the usual jet-ski and banana boat for hire too. Alcohol is not allowed at the beach in Tunisia which is a shame as there was a nice covered area that would have been a great place to spend the late evening.

Out and about of the hotel there is a good nightlife with shopping centres, restaurants and bars. Some of the bars don't sell alcohol and tend to be used by the Tunisians. One place to recommend was the Saloon Steakkhouse and Bar. This is reached by turning left at the hotel and walking straight up the for 5 minutes. Had a few free nibbles there and it sells Becks and Heineken for around £1.60 a bottle. This is great as the all inclusive brew wore a bit thin after a while. The Marhaba hotels also sell the same at around £1.40 a bottle.

Overall, a good and enjoyable stay. Wouldn't go again, but never return to the same country usually. Would recommend to others though!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear guest,
Many thanks for taking the time to leave this wonderful feedback. Our whole staff is so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our employees from every service give their best effort to make our guests as comfortable, relaxed and pleased as possible.
We are thrilled to know that their effort is appreciated.
sincerly yours

Reviewed June 23, 2014

I'm under 18 & I never really went out of the hotel much but when I did I would always get asked if I wanted to purchase some weed (Hashish) Food was absolutely disgusting but Animation Team were fantastic. Reception staff were absolutely terrible I would of got more help from a Parrot.

You have to ask to book your room for longer if you wish to on the morning of your departure which we only found out 1 day prior to us leaving Tunisia.

The waiters were absolutely superb & Loved one of the chef's he would always make me laugh from what he said when I went to him to get food.

I don't like the fact you can only get a black coffee in the morning & Tunisian Children who were in the Reception area where the drinks are kept holding the water button down so all the water would be wasted and nobody could get water.

Pool area is nice apart from on our last day a child has took a dump in the pool but that was quickly removed and placed in the one of the flower pots next to the pool :(

Security Guards at the front were very nice. every time we went out to the shop and came back they would always say hello, especially the chubby one who wears a pink shirt.. very nice fella.

- This has nothing to do with the Hotel but people seem to be worried when representatives from 'By Tina' come up to you on the Hotel grounds and ask if you are interested in the Quad Bike Trip or the Jet Skii's etc. Coming from someone who has done both of these I will 100% recommend you do them.. well worth the money and a fantastic experience.

Although that being said I wouldn't recommend you do the Pirate Ship as the food and drink on the ship are not all inclusive you have to pay extra to get food and drink on the ship.

Beach is good have no faults in it at all.

My sister who was with me on the holiday took her child who is only 19 months & we got put on the 3 floor which mean't we had to use the broken lifts.. if you go up to floor 3 on the lift you'll most likely end back down to bottom floor and lift doors close really fast so be prepared if you are taking drinks into them.

Bar staff are nice but pool bar should be open earlier.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Ben O

Dear Ben
we thank you for having taken the time to write to us following your stay in Marhaba hotel. Yet, we sincerely apologize for if you felt uncomfortable or mistreated by few members of our employees.
We are really sorry that you did not enjoy your holidays in Marhaba Hotel. Our whole staff tries his best to satisfy all needs and desires and offer a pleasant stay to each holiday. We understand that every guest has his own perception of things
looking forward to welcoming you soon.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

My girlfriend and I booked a week away to Tunisia for the middle of June 2014. We were pleased when we arrived at the Marhaba Club and thought our room was very clean, modern, and great sea views from the balcony.

Positive notes; the hotel staff were all friendly and helpful, from the management to the kitchen staff and the cleaners. Several places to spend your day (2 seperate pool areas, large lobbies, and private beach area).

Negative notes; the meals were not the most adventurous. I got the impression it was their own take on British food at times. It was normally good, sometimes very good, but I'd hoped for something more traditional. Following on from food was the other guests' behaviour. Only content with eating chips and pizza, and therefore complaining a) there were not enough chips and b) the chips were s***. If they had wanted chips in the sun, they should have gone to Scarborough. There were several guests who felt the need to complain about everything and anything, which is the last thing you want to hear when you just want to relax and switch off. Sadly, there is no prevention for annoying guests and it's just your luck with who is staying there at the same time.

Overall, the hotel was ideal for a holiday. There are plenty of trips and excursions, shops and other restaurants locally based. Everything is negotiable and note that 9/10 if you manage to get something cheap, don't expect anything more (as some other guests did). It's amazing that some people expected the world for a £10 trip on a boat.

Room Tip: We had chosen a sea view room when booking. This turned out to be more beneficial come bed time as...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Rossimo
marhabaresorts, Responsable relations clients at Marhaba Club Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2014

Dear guest,
We appreciate your positive feedback describing your satisfaction regarding your visit to our hotel lately. We thank you very on behalf on our team, who are trying their best to make each guest’s stay special and joyful.
We hope that you will visit us again.
Sincerely yours,

Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here with her parents and our two boys, aged 3 and 1, the last week of May. If my oldest had his way we'd still be there.

From the moment we walked into our room; bed decorated with rose petals and swan shaped towels, to the moment we left, the staff went out of their way to ensure we had a pleasant stay. The maid cleaned our room to an exceptional standard and making butterfly's from towels and children's cars is something that our eldest boy thought was brilliant. The reception staff were also very helpful when I was trying to phone my Dad back home. As an aside there is need to take your mobile as calls are reasonably priced.

For a full English lover like myself breakfast was a bit of a change from the norm but it doesn't hurt to start the day with a healthier option and there is plenty to choose from. The pancake chef is an artist making horses, cats, etc for the children and whatever he's being paid it's not enough. For lunch we ate in the outside dining area and here is where I have a minor complaint. There was probably 50-60 tables here but only about 5 salt shakers to go round. Not a big thing but if I'm having a healthy breakfast then I want some salt on my chips at lunch! The selection of food was always good and the cake selection is well worth checking out. Evening meal was in the main restaurant and again there was plenty of choice but be warned the hotel is catering for many nationalities and not just British. The food quality is good and the waiting staff are great. Our waiter remembered drinks for all six of our party which is impressive given the number of tables he was covering.

Minor point number two is the drinks selection available. Unlike other all inclusive's we've stayed at there was no peach schnapps, Baileys, Malibu,etc or local equivalent. Lager, wine, soft drinks and a limited choice of spirits were enough for our group but could be a disappointment for some.

Entertainment is provided for the children and although both of ours were having too much fun in the pool to join in with the daytime activities they both loved the mini-disco. The youngest is still trying to sing in Tunisian three weeks after we've arrived home.

The hotel seemed to be undergoing minor repair work when we were there but it was before the real start of the season and didn't spoil my holiday. There was plenty of sun loungers to be had and at the smaller pool plenty of space to move them around for the hardcore sun worshipper. The bar man at the swim up bar even helped my mother-in-law carry drinks when he was having a rare quiet moment.

The beach at the rear of the hotel is very nice and if you stay within the cordon you won't get hassled by traders. As previously mentioned by other reviewers you take your life in your hands crossing the main road at the front of the complex. No problem for me as I was happy where I was. After all the hotel is part of a 3 hotel complex so there is several bars to try out and shopping on holiday is very overrated.

To sum up we all had a great holiday. My three year old keeps asking if we can go back. What better recommendation can you ask for?

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank SteveConnahsQuay

Dear guest:
We are thrilled to know that their effort is appreciated.
looking forward to welcoming u soon.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

We stayed at the Marhaba Club for two weeks returning on 14/06/14
The hotel was very clean and the staff were great especially the pool bar staff and animation crew
We tipped the waiters, bar staff and our maid odd times during the stay and we had fantastic service, the maid who cleaned our room always left it with towel sculptures and if we had any issues e.g. our fridge did not work, mentioned it to her and it was sorted straight away, waiters were always great
The first week was quieter and the food quality was excellent on the second week the hotel filled up and the food quality did go to what I would class more standard all inclusive food, still ok but a definite step change from the first week
Having said that friends we met there asked the waiter if the chef could cook something off menu for them and the kitchen cooked them the meal they asked for
Breakfast was basic but ok fried eggs cooked to order and normal breakfast options but not full English if that's what your after
They do not serve brandy in the all inclusive but do most other local shorts and local beer
They only had one place for night time entertainment that was Neptunes bar wher the animation team did kids club karaoke and put on shows but there was no professional acts in the bar
Other than that you had the two bars at the receptions of the two adjoining hotels

We had a great holiday and would go again to the hotel but I think it's more 3 star than 4 as advertised

The local area was ok to walk around, be careful if you want to cross the roads outside the hotel as the cars take no notice of crossings and keep going, we found that it was easier to buy in fixed price shops rather than have all the hassle of bartering for everything,it started to get a bit wearing after a few trips to the shops so we only used the fixed price ones (turn left out of hotel by farmers restaurant) and to be honest we paid no more than the people who did barter for goods

Couple of scams to watch out for we had no problems but were told to look out so just letting you know
Cover your all inclusive bands outside the hotel, we used towelling sweat bands on our wrists as you get men come up saying they work in your hotel and they know of cheap trips and cheap goods and you end up paying the earth for rubbish
On the beach you get people come up to you with a few pounds in sterling asking can you change it for them, when you get your purse out to change it they grab your purse and run off
In shops Be firm and no matter how funny the salesmen in the shops get, don't let them badger you into buying things you don't want or you think is too expensive, they will get arsey but just walk away
I am not putting this on to frighten you off as we had no problems but you need to be aware

Room Tip: Ask for pool or sea view rooms or you will end up overlooking the main road and car parks Higher up...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Phil_Robo_1960
marhabaresorts, Responsable relations clients at Marhaba Club Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

Dear guest
we thank you for having taken the time to write to us following your stay in Marhaba Cluband it is nice to read that you have the attention to come back .wealso thank you for pointing out the cleanliness of our grounds because this is an aspect of primary importance for Marhaba hotels and we strive to give total confidence in this area .
and concerning your remarks we will take it seriously.
Please contact us before your next trip to Marhaba , we will be glad to help facilitate your stay in the hotel.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

This is a nice hotel and our room was nice (room 1158), and was cleaned daily by friendly maids. All of the staff were friendly and the service was great apart from one waiter who seemed to have an attitude problem but we asked to be seated elsewhere and we were moved straight away. No one else appeared to have a problem with him though.
The food was nice with a good variety. Breakfast was buffet with two live stations, one doing pancakes and one doing omelettes and fried eggs. The restaurant in the Marhaba Hotel has a coffee machine which provides a much nicer cup off coffee than the stuff served in the pots. Every day we had lunch by three pool. This was also buffet with a live barbecue station serving a different thing every day, the buffet provided a good selection. Dinner was a buffet with a live pasta and sauce station, and a live station which was different every day.
The bar service was excellent at all times but some areas, particularly the pool bar and the Neptune's pool bar could have done with an additional bartender at times, as the wait was quite long when it got busy and the poor bartenders were rushed off their feet. There is a good selection in the all inclusive drinks options including lager, red, white, and rose wines, vodka, gin, whiskey, various cocktails, and soft sinks. If you wanted doubles, no ice, more ice or whatever you just had to ask.
The pool areas were nice with plenty of loungers which can be reserved by putting a towel on. One day there were no loungers left so we just asked a member of staff to get more and they obliged within about ten minutes. All inclusive bar service started at 9 and ended at midnight.
The animation team were very good, very friendly, walked around chatting to people, tried to include everyone but took no for an answer. The evening entertainment was fun and entertaining.
The grounds looked to be a bit of a work in progress while we were there, but were not unpleasant and improved as the week went on.
The Thomas Cook rep, Marina, was very informative, however did have a couple of issues with her. Firstly, she introduced our group to a Tunisian man who she vouched for and who was willing to take anyone who wanted to on a free trip around the Medina. We signed up for this but the trip turned out to include a journey out of the resort area to a carpet shop where we didn't want to go and had to sit around for about an hour while the rest of our group were being gently coerced into buying carpets. Secondly, she told us that the people who were walking around the hotel grounds getting people to sign up for trips were dodgy. We signed up for the Pirate ship trip with one of them and it was great. We got it for £10 each, but the TC rep wanted about double that amount. We ended up on the biggest and best of the ships, The Hannibal, there were photos with the 'pirates' which offered for sale later, but a polite 'no' was enough if you didn't want to buy anything, The drinks were 7 dinar £2.70) but all of the food was included in the price. There was swimming in the sea and a great Fakir show including beds of nails and laying on broken glass. All in all well worth a tenner!
Overall this holiday was great with plenty of everything for everyone. Don't expect 5 star anything because you are not paying for that level and be prepared to make compromises on what you will be eating because it's likely to be a bit different to what you are used to as they have to cater for all nationalities and tastes.
The area around this hotel has some great shops, restaurants, and bars that stayed open pretty late.
The beach area has a bar serving soft drinks, plenty of loungers and a roped off area to keep the hawkers away.
Most of the sellers in the street will leave you alone after a polite no but some do need to be told twice, and the occasional one will be rude. The sellers in the Medina are very pushy, but it is a shopping area and so they assume people are there to buy stuff.
I would recommend this hotel and this resort to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Rob W

dear guest
we appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Marhaba Club ,it is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.
looking forward to welcoming you soon .