Hotel Marhaba Club
Marhaba Salem(Sousse)(Great Value!)
$81
$47
  • Breakfast included
Marhaba Royal Salem(Sousse)(Great Value!)
$47
$52
$50
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Marhaba Beach(Sousse)(Great Value!)
$55
Priceline
$148
Travelocity
Hotels.com
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Well where do I start its my first visit to tunisia and never again well not at marhaba club . The hotel reception staff where really helpfull moving us into a better room for my mum to a wet room they where great couldnt do enough shame the rest of the hotel wasnt great .
The rooms wherent bad clean but the bedding had stains on them we complained 3 times and the towels r grey and rough not white and fluffy , and repairs where dealt with fast though as r patio door wouldnt lock they sorted straight away which is good .
Now the food well I never ate any meat on holiday it was rubbish, there was nothing to eat at all the menu is the same all the time they dont cater for english, there never any plates or cuttlery and when ask its an ordeal , u get your own table for all meals and u turn up and someone else is sat there , overall the food is bad .
The lounger man round the pool is miserable even though I tipped most days.

The bar staff arent to bad a couple r fine, the pool bar man is the best really polite man and will bring the drinks to your lounger .
The entertainment well its ok for kids but not much at nite they try there best .nightly entertainment was watching buffer man,
Overall the holiday was good just a shame about the hotel never again marhaba club, the complex is good for kids .
If it wasnt for meeting a load of lovely people from newcastle it would of been even worst . I go all inclusive to save money but I am beginning to think not its the worst all inclusive I been too ,

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Hi there just just come back from a return visit to Marhaba Club I am sorry to say so so disappointed !!!

On arrival at 12.30 am we had to unload our own cases off the bus, not only was was there no food,but it took us 30 mins at least to beg for a 2 litre bottle of water between 3 of us.Not a very good start but we were still feeling very confident due to our lovely holiday here last year.

Hence this was nothing like the welcome last year ...
Well, food also very disappointing salads very dry , no variety its ok if you like eggs eggs or eggs, bacon was once a week .Tunisian night was the best night the food was superb we all loved it .I would definitely advise you to eat at the Marhaba hotel as the choice and quality of the food and service exceeds the marhaba club.

I can honestly say that the highlight of my holiday was the beach and the beach bar I would give it a 4 star rating for service and quality ...
The staff at the beach bar were very pleasant helpful and respectful...
The sand sea and sun were perfect also do try the paragliding and things on the beach as they are excellent value for money....

The animation team some of the young men work very hard and are usually pleasant , with the exception of Fifi who we found sullen,lazy and just generally unpleasant . I think perhaps some customer service training would help her she certainly lacks people skills...

The night bar staff in the hotel reception I must give a 1 star .We found them very rude impatient and inconsistent ,We complained to the management on several occasions about three specific waiters who made us wait and muttered to themselves about us and generally made us feel uncomfortable.There was no entertainment what so ever in the hotel and there was no welcoming atmosphere in the lounge bar where you could relax and just enjoy a drink .
Sadly on a few nights we and many others found ourselves watching a cleaner buffer the reception floor taking about half an hour on each tile ... how sad were we !!!!
There has been many cut backs since our holiday last year even a soft drink was served in a wine glass only half full.The alcohol is watered so you cant wake up with a hangover tht's for sure...
I hope you have found this review helpful as I always read reviews before I go on holiday, it's just unfortunate I can't rate it as I did last year.
We still enjoyed the holiday amongst ourselves and as I said sun sea sand and beach bar made it for us ...

.#

Room Tip: we've stayed here twice and I would recommend a 4th floor and pool or sea view its lovely to stand and look out over the sea ....
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Ok back for the second part,still here and cant wait to go home. Six days it took to remove the extra bed and filthy rugs,three times we informed the rep. So issues raised with the hotel and rep, cook using the same tongs for raw food and then serving the cooked,raised the issue and thought it got better as the cook then used a gloved hand to place the raw food onto the grill,still the issue of raw food coming into contact with cooked food. Having thought things may improve i tried the grilled turkey again,only to find the meat was raw inside. I mentioned this to the restaurant manager, who took it away and had a word with the cook, no apology or anything. Other issues is the cleanliness of the rooms, or should i say the un-cleanliness of the rooms. I have zero hair and my wife short blond hair but the room has an abundance of long black hairs that dont get swept away, but just moved around the floor. The towels are full of holes and with frayed edges, and are grey in colour not white.
The whole holiday has been one big let down and we cannot wait to return home, the hotel is a two star at best, the food is awful, mostly un edible, and most of your time is spent in a very long queue waiting for food to be either brought out or cooked. The snack bar is shocking with a complaint of the man shoving the cheese and tomato into the roll with his hand,very nice,not.
Just this morning at breakfast,i had Russians sitting at our table, the waiter moved them to their table and i went for food, i only eat cheese and tomato, its wont give me food poisoning, got my tomatoes, and alas there was no cheese, i asked the restaurant manager who said he would bring it to my table for me, so i put my plate of tomatoes on the table and went for a cup of tea,joined another queue, got my tea, no spoons to stir it with,went back to the table,still no cheese,waited,and waited,no cheese arrived, so i left in disgust and raging that i have paid for this inadequate service. I feel as though we just dont matter as paying guests, and think these hotels cater for the German and Russian's, as they seem to receive very prompt attention from the staff.
Also there is nothing to do in an evening apart from sitting in the reception, drinking poor drinks from glasses that dont get washed, yes thats right, they do not get washed just rinsed under the tap with the waiters hand,very nice, not. The entertainment, an i use that word loosely is great if your aged between 5 and 12 years old, otherwise forget it there is nothing.
In summary if you want good food, good service, good entertainment, and clean rooms go somewhere else as you will not find it here. I expect i will have lost weight on this holiday,which is usually the opposite of what normally happens.
This is the worst holiday of our lives and will never return to Tunisia again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank madtheswine9
Reviewed June 4, 2013

My partner and I visited here last June, and in that review I said I wouldn't return... We did however as this time we were bringing six other people with us, ages ranging from 10 to 35. We decided to come back due to the low cost and the fact we knew the animation team would keep the children entertained.

The problem I have reviewing this hotel is whether to review it as the four star hotel it is advertised as, or as a holiday overall that was relatively cheap (we paid under £500 for a week all inclusive during half term).

We were booked in relatively quickly by a pretty miserable chap behind the desk, and although it had gone midnight we were told to go to our rooms first and then come back down to get our all inclusive bands.

The four rooms we had were all together which is what we requested which was a good start.

The rooms themselves all had something wrong with them. One of them had a line of rust running along the centre of the bath. One of them had a massive damp patch on the wall which caused the plaster to continually fall off at random moments during the week. All of the rooms had malfunctioning showers, the problems ranging from the showers not staying in the brackets provided to at times having to shower in smelly water!

The rest of the room was adequate, all had fridges for your water, the beds were large and comfortable, all be it the linen was quite clearly old. This was the same with the towels in the bathrooms, supposedly white in colour but more of a off cream colour and regularly had stains on them.

I can't stress enough to future visitors, you must eat in the sister hotel The Marhaba. The food here was a million times better than what we experienced in the Club last year, and the one meal we did eat in the Club this year was by far the worst of the holiday... Cold, tasteless and boring.

The only down side to the eating at The Marhaba was that every single day one of the managers within the restaurant seemed to take exception to our group eating in his hotel, although we were entitled to. The only sour note to using this hotel.

The pools are as they are described by everyone else. Both are clean, although very cold during our stay and the younger members of our group only went in once during the week.

The beach was not too bad. Although it appears to be dirtier than last year, and the large blocks of cement at the bottom of some of the poles that are sticking out are lethal!

The animation team did their best this year, and were always on hand to entertain the children. Water polo, bowels, darts, archery were but a few activities ran throughout the day. The animation team also put on the evening entertainment, which I personally think needs revamping. It is almost all directed at a younger audience and so if you are a couple or a group of adults visiting you will find it hard going.

A point worth making is that the animation team work 14 hour days 6 days a week, working three months at a time. They also only earn 150 dinar a month which works out at about £60!!!! They are exceptional when this is taken into account.

The drinks on offer with the all inclusive are ok. If you like spirits then you should be ok, however the mixers you may have with them are usually on the flat side. The beer on offer is weak and tasteless and when you buy the same beer from the other bar at the hotel the difference in taste is massive. The drinks are ok whilst sitting round the pool to keep thirst at bay, however we chose as a group to buy our drinks (both alcoholic and non alcoholic) from the bar which you have to pay of an evening time. A bottle of Heineken or Becks costs you 4 dinar/one pound sixty.

The hotel is not particularly well situated either, with a taxi needed to get most places. There are a few places to eat nearby.

I have giving this an average rating based on the fact that all the kids we took with us already want to return. Don't go to this hotel however if you are a couple or a group of adults, and as for it being a four star, it falls well short of this being a three star at best.

Room Tip: All four of our rooms we had issues with, whereas last year the room was excellent so unfortunately it is pot luck.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank AlanJ2510
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Currently still here, and not enjoying it. What isnt mentioned is "TAKE A PEN" when you arrive at the airport you have to fill in a immigration form' this delays everything for about an hour just to get everyone through. Then when you get to the hotel you have to do it again, not kidding. No fun when you get there at two in the morning. Once we got our room key we thought the holiday was going to start, but after dragging our suitcases to the room and going in I dont know who was the more surprised, my wife and I, or the man that jumped out of the bed when i put the lights on. I apologised and went to the reception, and the conversation went like this,
There is a man in my room, no, yes a man in my room' no, yes a man in bed, no a man in bed, yes a man in bed. He searched through papers, apologised and said he will get me another room, which he did,and promptly showed us to the room. There was 3 beds shoe horned in there, he said he would have the third bed removed in the morning, didn't say which morning as its our 4th day and its still there. There are 3 rugs in the room at least that is what they are supposed to be, but they are
filthy. I asked for the rugs and the bed to be removed, we even told the rep, and she said she would sort it, but 4 days on and they are still there. Food is terrible,caters for the german, and latvian visitors. Went to the Medina, just harrased from the minute we stepped out of the taxi. Really bad. Will give an update as the holiday progresses, if we last that long.

Room Tip: Dont stay here
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple