“Loved it!!”

Hotel Marhaba
Ranked #8 of 35 Hotels in Sousse
“Loved it!!”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

I was a little apprehensive before I went, as I was travelling alone with my 2 teenage girls and my son. People had said we would be harassed by locals as we didn't have a man in our party, females travelling alone. Couldn't have been more wrong, everyone was so lovely, we loved every minute! Check in was quick and easy, getting to the room was a bit of a mission very long corridors! But the room was nice, basic but clean and we didn't spend much time in it anyway. We had a sea/ pool view , very nice . Maids were fantastic as were all of the staff there. Animation team were brilliant! Gigi, Niño, Mano, Toto etc❤️Love them all 😊they work so hard and make all the difference to the holiday, restaurant staff also fantastic and work so hard to make your stay the best, especially Atef, lovely man, nothing was too much trouble :) food was a little repetitive but there we always found something and the cake selection was great. The beach was nice and clean and roped off so you could relax without being harassed by lucky lucky men, saying that I did get bothered on the beach by a man in frighteningly small speedo's who thought the line 'hello pretty lady' was going to work.... Hell no! Haha! He got the message and left eventually, my children thought it was hilarious and said he sounded like the meerkats off the tv! Free trip out shopping was fun even though it's basically to try talk you into buying rugs.. I'm on holiday .. Why do I want a rug lol! Simple no works, eventually , but the guide was a blessing when walking around the Medina. He stopped the traders from harassing us. It is true most people expect tips for everything but it's up to you if you want to, we just tipped drivers when we were out . It seems to me everyone there drive like mad people and pedestrians are equally as mad!! Do be careful on the roads !! On the whole, we all enjoyed this holiday and I'm looking to book to go back to the Marhaba as soon
as I can afford to, maybe earlier in the year so it isn't so hot !! Loved it, can't wait to go back :)

• Stayed September 2013
3 Thank H3L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (292)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 25, 2013

When we arrived the balcony light didnt work neither did our patio doors lock, and we were two girls on our own and didnt have a lock on the front door neither which made us feel unsafe. Nearly every night the windows or door would be banging away, so got up early hours of the morning to keep shutting them, which was annoying. Another thing was are tv controls didnt work and neither did our telephone. Being two girls on our own we got pestered on the beach, around the pool and outside the hotel which was annoying, so stayed in the room for most of our stay! The food was good selection and the hotel was clean but needs updating a lot. The exit door on our floor was broken so kept swinging back and forth all night banging, dont stay on the 2nd floor 242. Never go back again! If your staying here request a sea/pool view!!

Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 24, 2013

2nd stay at marhaba had a refurbished room 1st time just got back from an old room experience.as I say fuss about nothing.both clean and all you need for a holiday base!
Staff were great! Animation team work there buts off!
Will deffo be back in November 2014.
Cheers marhaba

2 Thank tony s
Lower Earley
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Lets start at the airport, 40mins to get through customs great!! then at short wait for cases, then the onslaught of the porters, ripping the cases out of your hands... I just grabbed mine back and said sorry, I can drag it myself, then the bus, 1st time we've had to load our cases and the driver had the cheek to ask for a tip, I know it's a tipping culture, but do something for it, at the hotel the driver left us all to unload, again asking for money.
The Hotel is in need of some love and attention, but it is very clean and functional, we had room 248 with a key, it was fab, the view and the fact it was near the fire escape which was the quickest way to the room, check in quick by the way, the staff very polite and helpful.
The restaurant again clean, the staff after a small tip would bring your drinks/coffee/tea to table, themed nights too, the food great, could say up there with some 5* hotels, the breakfast lovely.
We didn't have a bad tummy at all, the bar staff at the pool were just great, again a small tip goes a long way, the beach bar too offered good service and the staff polite.
The weather was sunny for a couple of days, then windy then rain, but what a good break.
We met some lovely people, Jane& Graham, Cath & Gary, Cam & John, Angela& Chris,Brenda & Sandra, Robert & his son Michael, many thanks for you taking the time to chat to us, hope you all had a good holiday.
Now I must mention on the Saturday (9.11) we encountered two 'lads' from Doncaster who where starting their 2 week holiday, they're behaviour was the worse we've ever seen, they cleared the pool bar in minutes, as you can imagine the language was dreadful, even my husband who's been on many rugby tours said he'd never seen such behaviour, so many complaints in the end the police were called and the lads hauled off to jail, where they spent the night and deported on the 1st available flight on Sunday, a costly 24hours in Tunisia, abusive, rude, aggressive and so drunk...poor manager had guest filling in complaint forms to pass on to Thomas Cook.
I would go back to this hotel, not in the height of the season, we did look in the 'sister' hotels but found the Marhaba Hotel the best.

5 Thank SarahLowerEarley
Doncaster
Reviewed November 22, 2013

I visited the Marhaba in 2011 before the refurbish and had a great week with my sister in January this i stayed with my daughter for 1 week and had another great holiday...I returned on Wednesday with my husband after one of our best holidays in Tunisia...We have been going for 12 years and had a ball... The Hotel gave us a great room and treated us extremely well....The food is good and drinks defiantly not weak...Location is fantastic, close enough to walk to Medina and clubs but far enough away from hustle and bustle.
We spent most of the week on the beach which is lovely and clean and of course there is a bar there. The sunbeds could of done with mattresses on like the Tour Khalif and Marhaba Beach hotels... We have lovely golden tans as the weather was in the late teens/early twenties...we didnt go in the outdoor pool but did the indoor which is warm, large and clean. Disappointing you have to pay to use Hotels Gym 10td a day for us, worked out at about £16 for week - not a lot i know but we pay £20 a month at home lol
Evenings we went to the Neptune before going Bananas and saloon...A few nights we ate out at Caruso on the beach in Sousse and Planet Food on the Cornice.
Some girls/women in the hotel complained to us about the animation (whom we thought were very professional and non sleazy compared to some hotels in Tunsisia) however when we saw them on a evening they were practically throwing themselves at the boys, maybe in drink but never the less - inappropriate.
My huband and I have visited pretty much all of Tunisia and love the people and country - he had not been to the Marhaba but with definatley be back, he words 'Had one of the best holidays ever'
Im looking forward to my next holiday with the girls in January x

Room Tip: Ask for a new room-not bothered abut view but do like a nice room
4 Thank Cheek2Chique
Worthing, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I have just returned from my trip to Tunisia, and lets just say that I will not be making any plans to return!!!!
I was on an all inclusive holiday which isn't something I have done for a long while so was very much looking forward to it. The hotel itself was very pleasant, there was a good choice of food available and the hotel was clean and tidy. All in all a very good first impression.
I have been very well travelled, and also having been to other parts of Africa before, I had a good idea of what to expect with regards to locals etc. wanting to sell you lots of trips and things. However, what I did not expect was the pure arrogance and disgrace of the male members of the Animation team at the hotel. During the day whilst they were at work they were mainly polite and tried to encourage the guests to participate in playing games etc... However, as the evenings drew in, they were arrogant and very pushy with regards to going out with them etc. they didn't seem to be able to take no for an answer. The way that my friend and I were then treated by them during the day was appalling. We were left to feel like bad people for not doing anything wrong. The fact that we stood by our morals and didn't jump into bed with them left me feeling intimidated whenever I saw one of them. We then spent as much time away from the hotel as possible so as to reduce the risks of further upset.
I am never one to complain, however, I can't bear the thought of other young girls going to this hotel not having been warned.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Siobhan779
Alloa, Scotland
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Stayed here 10th to 17th November with Thomas cook. Iam a regular visitor to sousse and this is the first time to marhaba hotel aarrived around 9pm reception was clean and tidy and was checked in no problem after the long long walk to room 254 room was basic but good size and clean maid changed sheets everyday and even helped us out when my husband flooded the room!! Food in restaurant was really good breakfast was best out of all hotels I've visited! Entertainment was ok at Neptune bar animation team not too pushy and work hard but if your not at Neptune bar and fancy an early night you have no chance as the noise is loud and people don't tend to be quiet when leaving either. All in all . Enjoyed my stay and had no problems and would recommend this hotel no bother :)

• Stayed November 2013