2,498 results
All reviewstapas restaurantbeautiful hotela la carte restaurantssea viewsea waterguest relationshuge hotelmain restaurantall inclusive packageall inclusive guestssecurity staffkids clubbeach barsaladlevantpoolssendai
Reviewed October 18, 2010

We have just returned from 10 days at this hotel. We went with Jules Verne and so visited heritage sites and had beach days. Some reviews I read before I went worried me, but we found the hotel to be wonderful, well run and with friendly staff. We had a lovely superior sea view room. It was worth every penny to see the sun rise over the sea and the pools. We sometimes tipped but at no time did we feel we had to. I always got a lounger by the pool or on the beach around10 am (From our balcony I did see a few people going to the pool very early!) The "loisirs" were very helpful and did not need tipping to give you a towel and set your lounger to face the sun. It was a very international mix of guests and I could see that some (Russian and East European) were unfriendly and brusque towards the staff. All in all we really enjoyed the hotel and would definitely recommend it - specially as the spa will now be open.

1  Thank alexandra079
Reviewed October 17, 2010

We (wife and 2 children under 6) spent a week at the Movenpick. It would have been a fantastic holiday, but for 3 incidents which made it only good.
Firstly the resort is great, it is spotlessly clean and has good facilities. Service is generally ok, and has been mentioned here, being friendly to the staff goes a long way. Amazed at the number of eastern Europeans and how they treat the staff. Generally you will always get a towel or a drink, sometimes you have a bit of a wait, however after a modest tip 4-5 dinars, the service will improve dramatically, and that is not a daily tip. " of the waiters at the buffet restaurant, Kamel, Karim and Bilel were great. One tip. try sit as close to the buffet as possible. We found the service deteriorated drastically the futher away you are seated, perhaps the new staff starts at the back of the restaurant. A small tip will see massive service improvements, and we ended up with waiters specifically wantint to serve us. Unfortuantely the Tunisian managers at the buffet were not friendly and seemed to cause more harm than good. I noticed a couple of occasians where they seated guests at tables that were being cleared, when there were unused tables already set up next to them. Caused more stress on the staff who they then moaned at.
The kids club staff were great, We were nervous about leaving our daughters due to bad experience in Tunisia before, but our children loved it and had a great time.
A couple of bad experiences however left a bad impression. Firstly we wanted to change two 20 Dinar notes into fives at the reception. The guy who did it tried to keep 20 for himself and give me only 4 coins in change. When I called him out, neither he nor the supervisor next to him apologised. This is not to be expected from a 5 star establishment, and unfortunately the same happened when my wife changed cash 3 days later. the guy who tried to rip me off rushed over to "help" his colleague and pull the same scam, but we reminded him clearly we had given again two 20 dinar notes.
It was not about the money, as the change we used to tip the staff anyway, it was the principle that upset me.
As part of the all inclusive you are given a voucher to eat at one of the theme restaurants. Thi is pretty pointless as more than half the items on the menu are excluded from the all inclusive package, would be better if they just offered a discount. One of the waiters at the Levant grill is the rudest person I have ever encountered. When I walked to the deck to make a reservation, he ignored me for 2-3 minutes so he could finish his conversation with their barman, and then turned to me and said "Whats your problem". The following evening when we went to eat their, he was again so rude that I actually told him to "speak nicely to me". In the end we actually left without ordering drinks and returned to dinner at the buffet.
There was a fire in the buffet restaurant which seemed to show some training shortcoming as they were unable to extinguish the fire quickly (no fire blanket) and perhaps the wrong fire extinguishers were used. this could happen anywhere so is not a complaint, but perhaps Swiss Management should follow up there. Fire was large enough to fill the whole buffet restaurant with smoke, causing some people to run out in panic.
All in all it was a good holiday, the resort is great, most staff are great and I would recommend it to families, just be prepared to wait a little longer than you would in Europe, and remember friendliness ans small tips go a long way.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank Swissguy75
Reviewed October 15, 2010

My husband and I have just stayed in the movenpick sousse for one week, well what can I say, it was overall an amazing hotel, do not listen to the reviews which say it is anything other. All the staff were wonderful, very attentive, even bringing us drinks to the poolside without us even asking, yes we did tip but only because they deserved it, not once did they make us feel as if we should tip them, like another review said good manners go a long way!! The rooms were clean, in fact cleaned twice a day! Very comfortable and stylish with very comfy beds, probably the best we have ever stayed in and we have travelled wide and far! The food was amazing, you must try the chicken wraps at the beach bar, very nice. Always found a sun bed, and they were comfy with lovely towels! The beach is immaculate with lush soft white sand and the sea was lovely! The food here was alwAys cooked and presented well, lots of variety, all in all this really was a very relaxing beautiful place to stay! The spa was not yet opened which was a real shame as it looks amazing, apparently it's due to open next week, the indoor spa pool looks great and even comes outside, I was to hoping to get to try it out, maybe next time! There is no real evening entertainment which was a refreshing change from the usual tacky entertainment you usually get, this was perfect for us as it was so nice to just sit in the lobby after our evening meal and relax, get waited on and enjoy our new iPad, by the way the Internet connection was very very good, we could connect to it all over the hotel, even by the pool and beach!! It struggled in the room at times but we could get it on the balcony so that was good! If you have booked to stay at this hotel then you have made a good choice, I could find no faults with this hotel, not one.

Reviewed October 12, 2010

My husband and I have just come back from 12 days at this hotel and we had a wonderful time. Firstly before my review, please note that we are not people that just accept whats given and in the past have walked out of hotels that do not live up to the standard they are supposed to, but we are realistic.
Before booking I looked at the reviews on trip adviser and was a little concerned as some are negative. However we took a chance and booked, and were so glad we did. We did book a superior room that gives you a full sea view. Many complaints about the views are from people who don't seem to want to pay for a superior room, but expect it anyway, so thats their problem surely, not the hotel?
The food was very good for all inclusive. Yes of course it can be a bit samey at times, but I don't see that as a negative - what do you expect from a hotel that has to cater for hundreds of people and cultures? There is a huge selection, and we never had any complaints, the food is far better here than many all inclusives I have been too and I am a fussy eater.
The service we found was excellent, yes of course at times we tipped, but that is the norm in Tunisia. We never waited for service at the bar, in fact the bar service was excellent, the service in the restaurant was very good, if the restaurant was busy then service took a little longer, but they were never rude. Also the room maids were excellent to us.
One thing we did notice that we many customers treated the staff badly, saying please and thankyou gets you just as good service as a tip in many cases, however this was something that many customers had not worked out. This may be a 5 star hotel, but that does not give customers the right to be rude, and we did notice that on many occasions, those customers that were rude, did not get the service and quite rightly so. I am polite and treat the staff as I would expect to be treated and I had the most wonderful holiday and would go back.
This is by far the best hotel in the area, many other tourists we met staying at other local hotels were not happy. The movenpick is very clean, has a great location, super watersports lovely pool area, and a great all inclusive bar and restaurant. We also changed our money at the hotel and never got ripped off once, and our room was just fantastic.
We would love to go back to this hotel, and would recommend it to anyone.

1  Thank Reggie55
Alicesousse, Director of Sales at Movenpick Resort & Marine Spa Sousse, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2010

Thanks a lot for your nice but realistic review. Yes, people living in Tunisia are proud to welcome foreigners in their beautiful country, but eventhough they are at your service, a please and thank you does not hurt and reward them for their effort.
I clearly see that we are offering a real 5 stars difference in the destination, and that the experience you discribed is widely shared by most of our guests.
Thanks for time to write and share with all of us ! And come back soon, we are constantly pushing to offer more and get happy guests going back home with sunny and pleasant story about their stay at Moevenpick Resort & Marine Spa. Next experience is the Marine Spa we opened yesterday !

Reviewed October 10, 2010

wonderful location, new hotel, very clean and very very quiet for sleep at night. This is a 'five star' hotel but sadly the food did not live up expectations. Although plentiful the food in the 'buffet' restaurant lacked choice was somewhat restricted, and by the end of the week was somewhat repetative, dull and boring. The food in the two 'themed' restaurants was a disaster and best avoided...........they still have a lot to learn!!!!!

Thankfully we did not go there to eat but went for the sun, sea, and rest which we definately got and YESe would go again.........

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family