I stayed 3 nights from 17 June.
A giant (600+ rooms) hotel situated on the coast about 2 kms from the railway station where I arrived by train from Tunis (journey 100 minutes and fare DT 10). Though walkable, a taxi costs just DT 3 to the hotel.
Monolithic in appearance from the street, it has a lovely marble floor entrance hall like you find in many upmarket Tunisian hotels. This entry level is 3 on the scale inside the lifts. Easy to press 1 and not find yourself back at Reception!
I arrived late afternoon. Check in was friendly though a bit bureaucratic. They could not verify online my Amex card so I had to fill in a form by hand undertaking to pay. On checking out, that card was refused 3 times on line and I had to insist that a Manager got individual authorisation which he did of course get from Amex, but a bit embarassing nonetheless.
The hotel has a massive fresh water pool (about 150 metres in circumference) which it was a pleasure to swim in. there is a smaller salt water pool and, of course, a stretch of private beach and direct access to (rather choppy) sea. so I preferred the pool.
The hotel has a conference centre attached and a large event was going on while I was there.
There are several restaurants in the hotel. i much enjoyed the Japanese teppanyaki one but found La Villa over formal and below average value for money.
my room 5048 overlooked the pools and, like most rooms, had a small balcony. there was a very large comfortable bed and sofa. the bathroom had bath with integral shower. as an older visitor I had to be careful not to slip when standing in the bath. fair range of shampoo etc but no wash cloths. towels changed daily.
The room guide says there is Business Centre but it has not got one! you can borrow a laptop with wifi access but to print you have to email to reception's email address for them to print. WIFI in rooms is chargeable but free in Reception area. i found the connection unreliable and no good for POP3 access to my mailboxes.
Breakfast seems to be included in all room rates. You simply go down to Level 1 Mosaic room. This is very large with lots of buffet choices. got very busy. Staff struggled, without trolleys, to keep tables cleared and relaid..Jugs of fresh strawberry and kiwi fruit juices were delicious.
The hotel was not full by any means and I would guess half the rooms were empty. quite a few fellow Brits but few French. staff clearly enjoyed using their English. some youngsters said English more useful now than French in this former French colony.
Overall, some weaknesses but a very good hotel. i would use again if visiting Sousse again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- LOCATION The Movenpick Resort & Marine Spa Sousse is located at the entertainment heart of Sousse, and just minutes away from the city centre. Opened in April 2010, this luxury 5 star resort is the first International chain resort in the city of Sousse. The hotel comprises of 618 rooms and suites of various categories. Sousse is Tunisia’s third largest city, and an important industrial and commercial centre on the eastern coast. Sousse is located 135 km south of Tunis, 20 km north of Monastir airport, and just 40 km south of Enfidha airport. In addition to being the Sahel region’s economic heart, Sousse is also a major tourist resort area, offering a wide choice of restaurant and entertainment options. ACCOMMODATION A total of 618 rooms and suites, well equipped with flat screen LCD TV, direct dial telephones, mini bars, safe deposit boxes, coffee and tea-making facilities and individually controllable air conditioning and heating. All rooms are granted free access to the underground car park, the gym and the outdoor swimming pools. Non-smoking rooms are available, as well as connecting rooms for families with children. Two rooms are customized for the disabled. The top floor is also known as the Executive floor, offering complimentary Internet access and other services for the discerning business guest. DINING & ENTERTAINMENT The Movenpick Resort & Marine Spa Sousse offers a diversity of cuisines from around the world to tantalize your taste buds; enjoy show cooking and international buffets at Mosaique, indulge in Sushi and Teppanyaki from Japan at Sendai, sample authentic Spanish cuisine at Tapeo or enjoy a Mediterranean culinary experience at La Villa. And if it’s grill you favour, the Levant Grill & Jacuzzi is the ideal place to dine by the water’s edge. Watch the sun go down with a drink from a variety of bars such as the Breeze or First. Aga Cafe takes you back to the glorious days of the Ottoman Empire. And for a more lively end to the day, La Villa offers different atmospheres, ranging from the brandy and cigars of the Chimney Bar to the eased back elegance of the Onyx Lounge. SPORT & LEISURE With its 300-metre long sandy beach and a watersports base offering hobiecat sailboats, parascending and windsurfing, the Movenpick Resort & Marine Spa Sousse is the ideal sports and leisure resort. Other sport and leisure facilities also include beach volleyball, table tennis, sauna and fitness training. For golf enthusiasts, El Kantaoui golf course offers an 18-hole golf course in the immediate vicinity. A scuba diving club is also located nearby. Other amenities in the hotel include three outdoor swimming pools, one indoor/outdoor pool at the Marine Spa, the VIKs’ (Very Important Kids) house, a beauty salon, a boutique and business services. MARINE SPA Marine Spa is our unique interpretation of wellbeing: a full thalassotherapy centre combined with a large array of Spa treatments. Marine Spa welcomes both hotel and outside guests from 10.00 am till 10.00 pm daily, offering them a unique concept that gives its true meaning to wellness. Harnessing the power of natural marine ingredients, together with the latest innovations in product and treatment technology, we offer a complete package for all your spa and wellness needs. Under the guidance of our expert Spa therapists, we encourage our guests to actively participate in the selection and creation of a personalised spa programme. MEETINGS & EVENTS Perfection is our passion and Swiss hospitality our heritage. Movenpick Meetings & Events offers professional event management encapsulating the highest quality standards, creative cuisine and qualified, friendly service. You will find in Sousse this subtle alliance of efficiency and inspiration, of modernity and functionality, in each of our five meeting spaces. We offer one 629 sqm ballroom and four meeting rooms with daylight. All include state-of-the-art equipment and can be set up in a variety of styles. Need anything on the fly? Our dedicated Meetings & Events Concierge is there to cater for your needs and to ensure that your event is running smoothly. This enables you to focus your full attention on your meeting or event. Our excellent quality programme, Movenpick Meeting & Events, creates the optimal conditions to ensure that your meeting, banquet or business event will be a complete success. Your personal contact partner will take over the entire organization for you, ensuring highest quality service and attending to the individual needs of your guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Movenpick Resort & Marine Spa Sousse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moevenpick Resort And Marine Spa Sousse
- Moevenpick Resort & Marine Spa Sousse Hotel Sousse