Movenpick Resort & Marine Spa Sousse
$33
$51
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Marhaba Beach(Sousse)(Great Value!)
$35
$34
Agoda.com
Marhaba Royal Salem(Sousse)(Great Value!)
$32
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
2,361 results
All reviewstapas restaurantla villabeautiful hotela la carte restaurantssea viewsea waterguest relationsthe general managerfive star hotelhuge hotelmain restaurantall inclusive packagesecurity staffprivate beachkids clubbeach barice cream
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Although expensive compared to other hotels in Sousse and Tunisia, Movenpick is the best hotel I stayed in from more than 30 hotels in Tunise.
Warm welcome, great service, comfortable clean rooms and most of all, delicious breakfast and dinner mostly seafood and fish.
I loved my stay there.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Joe Y
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Aesthetically hotel looks beautiful. Service very patchy and not what you would expect in a 5 star. Not easy to get around hotel if you have mobility problems as it is on many different levels some not accessible by lift. Baths are very deep and no hand rails if you have mobility problems.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank pat594
Reviewed January 12, 2013

This was the most dissappointing hotel i have ever stayed in my entire life :( I always write my reviews comparing to the actual hotels` prices, good to know before reading this rev. I have waited 6 months to write this, because i didnt want my my fresh bad feelings to stuck in the rev. We are talking a huge 5 stars AI hotel, so i wont write a lot about amenities activities and so on. I will separate it to 2 parts, good or fantastic and bad or unacceptable.

The hotel is huge, new and looks amazing. This hotel is one of the few which looks better than on the photos... High tech everywhere, a/c, room °keys°, tv etc... Lots of restaurants and cafe-s, european smokers will enjoy smoking again in a cafè next to an espresso! Free wifi available in public areas with quality broadband. I was able to connect even on the closer side of the pool. The beverages and coffee quality was really good in the hotel. The cleanliness of the hotel and thee rooms was extreme, during our visit i couldnt find a patch elsewhere, beleive me, from the 3rd day, i was searchinfg for that everywhere, buth i coiuldnt find neither in my bathrooms mirror :) congrats for that! Enormous public terrace, huge pools, great beach, free sunbeds etc.
Ahh...where to begin...on the first day, we have arrived very early, i guess 7 in the mourning, very exhausted, 5 adults and a six yr. old child. Tried to check in, they have rejected to allow and said that if we pay a plus 150€\room, we can get now them with seaview. I asked them to show the room and the view, it was horrible /check photos/, so we havent payed 450 € plus (tip?). So we were sitting in the lobby, in the cafe, on the terrace. I must confess, this was the first and hopefully last time i have ever slept in the lobby of a premium 5 stars hotel. We have claimed our rooms at 12.30 after a lot of negotiation, two normal, one with seaview, no extra fee. The view was detailed above, horrible. You saw the neighbour plot, which is used for growing palm trees, with a foil tent on it, and with a very harming °zzzzzzzzzzzz° sound. Dont know what was that maybe a chainsaw.
On the whole, if you dont tip for the staff, you are just barely visible. I choose AI because for e.g. i didn`t want to deal with money all day, coins and cash, but had to. Around the pool the space was slight and wasnt enough beds, so it was an every day war to get and defend yours. If you hav tipped to the pool guy, he brought you a bed with umbrella. I saw many times, and experienced how does it work. If you leave your sunbeds undefended, you will lose it, the pool guy takes your tshirt,bag, flipflop etc, takes it to the ground and takes your beds.nunbeleivable! I saw a woman who couldnt find her belongings because the pool guy touched it and took it to the office and unfortunately left there... This situation means you cant leave your beds, so you cant drink a coffe, swim, use restroom etc. together because you must leave a guard there. It has poisoned our day next to the pool :S They always said they reclaimed because it was more than 30 mins without laying on. Actually the hotel staff lies a lot. The reception was unable to change currencies many times, always said come back in an hour. We had 3 rooms, and once i was reaching mine with my girlfriend, we found her sisters room open, staff nowhere. We walked in the room, no one. Shut the door, and went to the reception to complain, after 20 minutes of phone conversation the guest connections attendant said it was opened, but was under supervision of a staff member. I said you are lieing again on my face, i walked in the room no one asked if its mine or not, and stood up, she is unable to solve my problem again.
The pool bar was always closed, made 3 complains about it, always answered the waiter is having lunch... ( what???)
The main restaurant was unacceptable at a whole. Huge space, but not enough staff. The neighbour tables was always scruffy and unserviced, needed to hunt for forks, it was a challenge to order some drinks. The food was monotonic with many repeats. No taste, no smell, nothing, really. The catering was too small nedd to stand in a que for 15mins/dining. They used anise on the pizza sauce, not oregano.. Yukk!

It was like when the boss in on a holiday or something and the staff takes the control... Didnt enjoyed the stay :( Expected much more from a Swiss hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
9  Thank riccsi
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Awesome frontage , great lobby , nice pool areas , some heated , clean sandy beach .
Rooms always kept clean , nice bathroom , in fact everywhere clean and tidy .
Free safe , free Wi-Fi in lobby , as usuall branded drinks expensive (Vodka £9 + )
Breakfast slightly lacking (bacon , sausage ) just better than continental, restaurants for dinner very nice , was only half board had to argue off fixed menu .
Service always Good .Tipping helps !
Safe to walk out side . Barter with taxi's . Nice walk along front to Medina .
Legends bar, nice .
Passport exit can be a problem , not sure worth CIP .
Trip out on Camel ride was a nice few hours

Room Tip: pool side and higher are quieter
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mark y
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Swiss luxury hotel at it's best, proud to be Swiss - amazing interior designed hotel - beautiful setting - beautiful vast beach - in-house Tapas restaurant was a bit disappointing - Japanese restaurant was not bad - Christmas Gala dinner was lovely, shame about the Christmas log, too much food - very nice and helpful staff - great food

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view room, worth to pay a little more
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple