Great place to spend a week just before main season (week before Easter week). The hotel was delightfully empty and the staff very relaxed and pleasant. We had one minor cleanliness issue with our room which was dealt with so thoroughly and embarrassedly (by two housekeepers and a man with a clipboard bearing a huge flower arrangement within 2 minutes of phoning housekeeping - we couldn't get to the room that quickly!) that the experience was positive rather than negative.
In fact the hotel staff were faultless as far as we were concerned, combining invisibility with concerned helpfulness and professionalism when you needed assistance.
Breakfast was superb, buffet style with two or three chefs to cook to order. Evening meal had similar format in main restaurant, but the food choice varied from excellent (hot, plenty of variety including local cuisine) to poor (lukewarm, all very similar - hence queue for grill chef was huge that evening!) Having said that, other restaurants are available.
Room excellent - we had asked for a queen sized bed and a sea view, were on the seventh floor with great view of both the hotel pool area and the coastline for some miles. Most comfortable bed we had ever slept on in a hotel.
All in all would recommend highly - go expecting to try the local cuisine in the main restaurant if on half-board, local wine and beer reasonable price and both palatable (the Tunisian Chardonnay on the list was surprisingly very good).
We also partook of a couple of 'activities' provided by the hotel - an introduction to cooking sushi, mosaic workshop and Arabic lessons. All worthwhile, good fun (and a lot of sushi to eat!)
Don't expect the locals (or some of the hotel staff) to speak or understand English well if at all - French is obviously universally understood.
Children - ours have grown and gone, but this was a surprisingly child friendly hotel - with a good proportion of guests with young families from a number of different cultures. Children seemed to be well catered for but can't comment on the kids' club etc . . .
Would / will return to this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- LOCATION The Movenpick Resort & Marine Spa Sousse is located at the entertainment heart of Sousse, and just minutes away from the city centre. Opened in April 2010, this luxury 5 star resort is the first International chain resort in the city of Sousse. The hotel comprises of 618 rooms and suites of various categories. Sousse is Tunisia’s third largest city, and an important industrial and commercial centre on the eastern coast. Sousse is located 135 km south of Tunis, 20 km north of Monastir airport, and just 40 km south of Enfidha airport. In addition to being the Sahel region’s economic heart, Sousse is also a major tourist resort area, offering a wide choice of restaurant and entertainment options. ACCOMMODATION A total of 618 rooms and suites, well equipped with flat screen LCD TV, direct dial telephones, mini bars, safe deposit boxes, coffee and tea-making facilities and individually controllable air conditioning and heating. All rooms are granted free access to the underground car park, the gym and the outdoor swimming pools. Non-smoking rooms are available, as well as connecting rooms for families with children. Two rooms are customized for the disabled. The top floor is also known as the Executive floor, offering complimentary Internet access and other services for the discerning business guest. DINING & ENTERTAINMENT The Movenpick Resort & Marine Spa Sousse offers a diversity of cuisines from around the world to tantalize your taste buds; enjoy show cooking and international buffets at Mosaique, indulge in Sushi and Teppanyaki from Japan at Sendai, sample authentic Spanish cuisine at Tapeo or enjoy a Mediterranean culinary experience at La Villa. And if it’s grill you favour, the Levant Grill & Jacuzzi is the ideal place to dine by the water’s edge. Watch the sun go down with a drink from a variety of bars such as the Breeze or First. Aga Cafe takes you back to the glorious days of the Ottoman Empire. And for a more lively end to the day, La Villa offers different atmospheres, ranging from the brandy and cigars of the Chimney Bar to the eased back elegance of the Onyx Lounge. SPORT & LEISURE With its 300-metre long sandy beach and a watersports base offering hobiecat sailboats, parascending and windsurfing, the Movenpick Resort & Marine Spa Sousse is the ideal sports and leisure resort. Other sport and leisure facilities also include beach volleyball, table tennis, sauna and fitness training. For golf enthusiasts, El Kantaoui golf course offers an 18-hole golf course in the immediate vicinity. A scuba diving club is also located nearby. Other amenities in the hotel include three outdoor swimming pools, one indoor/outdoor pool at the Marine Spa, the VIKs’ (Very Important Kids) house, a beauty salon, a boutique and business services. MARINE SPA Marine Spa is our unique interpretation of wellbeing: a full thalassotherapy centre combined with a large array of Spa treatments. Marine Spa welcomes both hotel and outside guests from 10.00 am till 10.00 pm daily, offering them a unique concept that gives its true meaning to wellness. Harnessing the power of natural marine ingredients, together with the latest innovations in product and treatment technology, we offer a complete package for all your spa and wellness needs. Under the guidance of our expert Spa therapists, we encourage our guests to actively participate in the selection and creation of a personalised spa programme. MEETINGS & EVENTS Perfection is our passion and Swiss hospitality our heritage. Movenpick Meetings & Events offers professional event management encapsulating the highest quality standards, creative cuisine and qualified, friendly service. You will find in Sousse this subtle alliance of efficiency and inspiration, of modernity and functionality, in each of our five meeting spaces. We offer one 629 sqm ballroom and four meeting rooms with daylight. All include state-of-the-art equipment and can be set up in a variety of styles. Need anything on the fly? Our dedicated Meetings & Events Concierge is there to cater for your needs and to ensure that your event is running smoothly. This enables you to focus your full attention on your meeting or event. Our excellent quality programme, Movenpick Meeting & Events, creates the optimal conditions to ensure that your meeting, banquet or business event will be a complete success. Your personal contact partner will take over the entire organization for you, ensuring highest quality service and attending to the individual needs of your guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, HRS and getaroom.com so you can book your Movenpick Resort & Marine Spa Sousse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moevenpick Resort And Marine Spa Sousse
- Moevenpick Resort & Marine Spa Sousse Hotel Sousse