“Be aware of the portions”
Review of Escargot

Escargot
Ranked #1 of 128 Restaurants in Sousse
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 13, 2017

I visited this restaurant as part of a group from a conference. The interior of the restaurant is rather dark and a bit overloaded with multiple items (weapons, paintings, all kind of ornaments) on the walls. The reception and service are very good and professional. We had several small dishes for starters, followed by a fish mezze, that was very tasty. We were already full, however, when the main dish arrived. I had the couscous as a specialty from the house. It was good but the whole dinner was too much. So limit your choice from the menu.

2  Thank Maurits V

Reviewed May 9, 2017

I was told this was one of the best places to dine in Sousse; but I beg to differ. I've tried this place three times. Twice for lunch and once for dinner. The dinner experience was marginally better than the lunch visits but I've not felt inclined to go back and try again. There are better places than this to eat.

In summary the meals were always cold when they arrived. The actual dish didn't resemble the description on the menu. The service was "lack-lustre" and one time a certain server seemed more interested in collecting personal information about my friend and I than serving us a nice meal.

I remember in particular having escargot. They were disgusting. Stone cold, shrivelled and not cooked properly. The French would have been horrified at this offering.

Reviewed April 11, 2017

L'Escargot is set close to the beach in the Corniche area of the resort town of Sousse. It has an unpretentious homey and cosy atmosphere, an outstanding service, very good wine, but its strength remain the food it serves. Absolutely out of this world: Flavousome, delectable, even divine!
If you happen to be in Sousse, it certainly is worth the detour.

Reviewed November 30, 2016

This was an absolute treasure to find, a very cozy restaurant. Was here with a friend on a November night. I had the snails as a starter, maybe a bit too big portion, but very tasty. I had some traditional couscous with meat for main course, also very tasty and again somewhat a bit too big portion. Along with this we had some delicious Tunisian red wine. Absolutely recommend you to try this restaurant.

1  Thank Eivind S
Reviewed October 18, 2016 via mobile

Very very very good service sooo lovely delicious I am as Tunisian love it with my Finnish family