“nice ambiance great food”
Review of Escargot

Escargot
Ranked #2 of 117 Restaurants in Sousse
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 29, 2013

went one evening because of the good reviews and was not disappointed! the staff were welcoming, jolly and friendly the setting is quite unusual lots of old pictures and memorabilia all over the walls gave a good feeling to the place, the food was good for starters I had french onion soup and my wife prawns and for main Chicken in wine sauce and salmon tagliatelle and a bottle of nice wine. a little more expensive for Tunisia but worth it
well recomended

Reviewed November 11, 2013

You could easily miss this unassuming spot, buried in an overgrown oasis of greenery on a bleak stretch of avenue lined with defunct beach hotels. Tricked out to look like an 18th cent. French relais with massive dark stone and beam interior, and deep burgundy upholstery and linens, it all seem more than a bit contrived, but a strong menu with generous offerings of pre-meal amuse bouches, attentive service, reasonable prices and good food, make Escargot a pleasant discovery in a provincial town that appears to have seen better days.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

I like this restaurant having eaten here with friends several times over the years and it is still one of my favourites in Sousse. What I like is the old world charm about the restaurant, the
different array of furnishings, paintings and objects scattered around make it rather memorable.

I dined here on Friday 11th October, we were a table of 8 persons and on arrival we were warmly greeted by the staff. The owner is a really nice man, who speaks several languages and is always seen wandering around, serving and talking to his customers.

Service is efficient and nothing ever seems to be too much trouble. Being a large table I was still impressed by the service we received throughout the night, mineral water was always flowing, as was the wine! and the food, as always was super.

Being in Escargot, I had to have Escargot - as usual they were very nice, cooked in a crispy crumb, still very plumb and delicious. My friends all chose different starters and they had mussels which I tried and they were sublime along with smoked salmon, foie gras, & grilled shrimps - all reported they had enjoyed their starters.

My main course was my old favourite, fillet with sauce béarnaise, and boy it was good. This comes with vegetables and a jacket potato in foil, all in all very good indeed.

Again my friends had a mixture of main courses from the menu, some had the seafood gratin, others the vegetarian main course, but the majority selected the lamb for 2 persons and boy did this look good and plentiful when it arrived in the dish at the table.

More wine flowed then it was on to dessert and cheese - again quite a varied selection.

Now given we were 8 persons, with 8 bottles of wine, 3 courses and mineral water the bill came to around £230.00, which in my opinion was a bargain.

If you are in Sousse do give this restaurant a go, its near to the Movenpick Hotel and within easy walking distance of most hotels - go on, you wont be disappointed.

Thanks again for a lovely dinner and I will see you next year for sure.

2  Thank MrCDEDINBURGH
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Yet again L'escargot didn't fail to deliver us 2 excellent meals.
First was the lamb for 2 - couldn't fault it.
second meal I had fish - again was lovely, OH had sea food pasta - he said it was lovely.

It has a lovely atmosphere especially sat inside. Not the cheapest place to eat in Sousse but for a special occasion well worth a visit.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We were a party of six and had a table outside on the terrace. The service was ok, and the food was nothing to complain about. The prices perhaps a little over the tunesian but cheaper than in the most european countries. We had fish, escargots and dessert. We thougt that the food was ok but not very special, but unfortunately 2 of us became sick that night...it can be a coinsidence of course but we didn't went back during our holliday.