“Wow”

TUI SENSIMAR Scheherazade
Ranked #1 of 35 Hotels in Sousse
Reviewed September 14, 2013

All I can say is Wow. This hotel and service is incredible, Each night is something to look forward too. We really are treated like kings and queens here. The hotel rooms are cleaned just right and the food and staff service is fantastic.

The staff are very welcoming and also remember your orders. They cant do enough for you and always bringing us our drinks. They are so friendly I asked them to teach me a few words in their language and they were happy to help. So I have learnt to tell my partner she is beautiful in arabic... fantastic.

The food well what to say, im a very fussy eater. Breakfast in the morning lovely pancakes with chocolatw sauce and much more.
Lunch just the regular every day maybe a few things different but very satisfying.
Dinner is just WOW, each night there is something different also a different them French, Far East, Deep blue sea, red and white gala and so on... all which have music to suit the theme and relax you mood. Eating you evening meal outside with the stara in the sky a nice glass of wine and the candles lit is just perfect.

Excursions... pirate ship with thomsons is a much and the quads.

I have not finished my holiday yet but I felt I needed to take the time and do a review about this fantastic resort/holiday and already we are planning to come back.

A big thank you to thomsons and all the staff here at couple sousse for a outstanding holiday.

Josh J

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank joshj92

Reviewed September 14, 2013

A truly wonderful stay in a brilliant hotel from start to finish. All the staff we came across were friendly and helpful. The room was bright, lovely and spacious. The restaurant offered a good variety of mouthwatering food to suit all palates. the location is excellent too, close to amenities and local attractions likewise. Overall, we had a memorable stay and would definitely be returning again and be recommending this hotel to family and friends.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank gem8104
Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

What a little Gem Thomson have here.
On arrival met by staff of hotel outside singing dancing were offered a fruit drink as we were given forms to fill in on entry all very quick.
We were on an early flight so surprised but our room was ready on arrival at 1130 lovely and clean tea coffee making facilities milk but never a problem getting some from restaurant.
Lovely view from Ground Floor there were swim up rooms either side of us which looked lovely and each morning would be cleaned.
Food was very good a great choice at breakfast with eggs cereal toast pastries meats etc and evenings had a different theme each night from Mexican to Italian to French etc all food was constantly monitored for temperature great to see.
Waiters were good always there if needed anything.
Pools and bars good rarely had to queue up.
Entertainment low key singers most nights G2 and Tunisian night much enjoyed after a meal.
This hotel is certainly worth it's 4T rating from Thomson I understand where people are coming from as regards the bathrooms etc and to the Seasonal Moaners get real Go to a 5 star next time and then you may have your 5 star expectations met.
Couples Sousse well done a good first year it seems and give it another 12 months who knows.

Just lastly like to say well done Heidi and Kirsty on your incredible service thank you.

Oh yes and I'm still here by the
way sad isn't it reviewing on holiday but I need to stop the moaners putting people off :)

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank Zummerzet81
Reviewed September 13, 2013

You will struggle to find better. Everything about this place is about relaxing and enjoying quality time away from the rat race. Staff second to none. 4 trip to tunisia in 2 years and already planning to go back in may. Thomson you have a cracker please keep it that way.

Room Tip: Higher floor room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Richard H
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Well what can I say, I have spent many times in Tunisia, Hedi the hotel rep was extremely helpful and funny, lovely man, best rep I have come across in this country, The food at the hotel was wonderful. There are several things that let this hotel down. Firstly the hotel rooms are so small, even he ones with the pools, the bathrooms need updating, the toilets are positioned in the wrong place, you cant sit on them properly, baths need resealing, lots of brown staining. The hotel cleaning staff and porters/reception/pool staff very helpful/friendly. However the waiters and bar staff were the most miserable and unfriendly people I have ever met in this country! The hotel could benefit with air con in the restaurant, it was extremely uncomfortable eating in the restaurant inside, the food however I could not falter, lots of variety. The entertainment in the evening do not expect much it was totally non existent and boring! I probably would not go to this hotel again it is 3 star if you are looking for service.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank joannelouhaichi
Reviewed September 13, 2013

We stayed at the Couples Sousse from 25 August until 8 September and had a wonderful time. There were 6 in our party and we are all full of praise for this hotel. Some previous reviews state that the hotel needs refurbishing and to a certain extent this is true. The rooms are more than adequate and the beds are comfortable and all rooms are air conditioned which was a blessing as it was very warm most days during our stay. Our rooms also had wonderful views of the sea. The down side is that the bathrooms are very dated and it can be difficult getting in and out of the bath but I gather all the bathrooms are due for refurbishment.

It would also be nice to have air conditioning throughout all public areas in the hotel as most days the heat was quite uncomfortable in the restaurant and bar areas. This is perhaps something to be addressed in the near future. These are the only issues I have and I can't say they spoiled the holiday in any way.

The main thing this hotel has going for it is the staff who went a long way to making our holiday so pleasant and memorable. Special mentions got to Hedi, Ozan, Walid and Moncef who all went out of their way to make us feel welcome and nothing was too much trouble for them. Hedi in particular is a natural when it comes to dealing with people and I'm sure he'll go a long way in the hospitality business. It is impossible to single out any of the other staff for a special mention as they were all special people. The waiters, bar staff, pool attendants, cleaners, chefs, reception and security men were all very friendly and nothing was too much bother for them and although they all worked extremely hard they always had a smile and friendly word. The staff make this hotel a special place and we will certainly return.

Tony and Sandra Paterson, Jimmy & Muriel McKinley, Zehi & Diane El Fayedh

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Tony P
Reviewed September 12, 2013

This was our first time in Tunisia and the first time all inclusive at a couples hotel. Didn't know what to expect so was very relieved to be staying at this fab hotel. Rooms was nice and modern, cleaned daily. The food in the evening was different themed every night always tasted wonderful.....

Snack bar by the pool was cool too.

The location was nice by the beach. But it was the service and staff that done it for us. Couldn't do enough to help us enjoy the holiday. But a a big thanks to the reps (Kristy? I think and the girls) how organised a proper adventure excursion to the Sahara visiting many great stops along the way including the Star Wars sets and the Roman Amptheatre (get the overnight one with the Red Lizard Train its fantastic)...a must, it made our holiday. I don't really write many reviews but thought I should say something about a really great hol. Made a buddy called Abdul (the photograph guy) whom had a number of great table tennis games and small adventures discovering Roman relics lol. Night time entertainment was very nice.

Only slight thing we didn't like was the Madinia (Market) in Sousse, although some nice shops on the edge.

Overall a nice relaxing hotel, with good staff. If there's a bit for the wannabe adventurer too.
Thanks everyone (sorry this review is so late)

Indiana Kev & Cath