“A great place to stop for lunch by the sea”
Review of Tikka Grill

Tikka Grill
Ranked #21 of 1,287 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: Seafood, Grill
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 6, 2012

This restaurant is right on the sea. Above it is a seafood restaurant that some Thai friends said was very good, but, judging by the high price of the one seafood dish (shrimp) on the menu at Tikka Grill, I think that the seafood restaurant was probably a bit pricy. Besides, I could get much cheaper seafood in Thailand. Compared to Bangkok prices for a nice restaurant, Tikka Grill was on par with what I felt was a fair price for a nice meal.

Order the 10 L.E. all you can eat salad bar. I don't know most of the names of the stuff I ate, but I really enjoyed everything they had at the salad bar. I recognized hummus, baba ganoush, and a few other olive oil based dishes I cannot spell.

I ordered the mixed grill and the portion size was generous. I felt that sitting right next to the window on the Mediterranean Sea, eating good food, was one of the highlights of visiting Egypt.

There were not many people in the restaurant so I cannot really comment on whether the service was good or not, but I did not like the fact that people were allowed to smoke inside the restaurant. Seriously, smoking should never be allowed in any restaurant because it affects the way food tastes!

Reviewed April 23, 2012

Very nice place by the sea
Famous boury bread
Great grill house
Nice menu with great tea garden down stairs including shisha smoke

Reviewed March 17, 2012

tikka grill is yummy and delicous.the chicken koftas are amazing and have bags of flavor.the sambosas,tawook and grilled chicken ae okay,very good but the service got a little bit messy

1  Thank haya y
Reviewed March 1, 2012

The place is a chain restaurant, so its decorated as all other branches in a nice way, it is specialised in grilled food. the food quality and the salads are very good, the service and prices are average. It does not serve alcoholic drinks.

Reviewed February 26, 2012

We had heard many good things about this restaurant so we went with high expectations and were really looking forward to a nice meal out. It started off well, the place was smart and had lovely views and a nice ambiance, and the help yourself salads were very pleasant , especially the tabouleh and fattoush salad, and some nice salad dressings. And that's when it started to decline. First of all we ordered a drink each before ordering our food. This didn't arrive in time before the starters, so we politely asked for our drinks again after we finished eating our starters, as the plates were being cleared away. My son's main course arrived first and the french fries were barely luke warm and his medium steak was very well done. He didn't complain but I did ask the waiter to make sure that my food was hot when it arrived. We waited 20 minutes before my husband's food arrived and again his food was barely warm. As it was a fish dish, the fish had become unpleasantly greasy so he politely sent it back and asked for it to be all warmed up. Again we mentioned the drinks order. My husband's fish arrived back 15 minutes later just as luke warm and unpleasantly cool, and without our drinks! My husband couldn't be bothered to mention it again so just started eating some just so we could get out of there. My food still hadn't arrived and I mentioned to the waiter that I had been waiting almost three quarrelers of an hour since the first person had been served and whose food was long since finished, His reply to this was that they were busy (there was only a handful of other customers there however) and he went off to inquire....not a word of apology or anything........about 10 minutes later it arrived....my husband and son had long since finished their meal and I ate alone , with them keeping me company. Again the french fries were barely warm, the steak was cooked how I liked it but both the steak and sauce were almost cold and the sauce was rather salty. To be honest, if our food had been served hot and at the same time, then I think the food would have been pleasant enough although not delicious enough to merit a second visit (they also forgot the mushrooms and vegetables mentioned on the menu!). Finally our drinks arrived just as I finished my food! Not wanting to make a big public fuss as there were other diners nearby who were obviously enjoying everything, my son took the waiter to one side and explained about our long wait, cool food, indifferent waiters and how this was unacceptable, We paid our money and the waiter said he would mention it to the manager the next day and that he would phone my son as they took any complaint seriously. Needless to say he didn't phone that day or any other day although we were very civilized and polite with our complaint and dealt with the matter quietly. We weren't looking for a free meal as compensation or anything like that, but it would have been nice to get an apology. I would probably try a different branch of Tikka Grill in the future, but nothing endears me about that branch to try again!