WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Hosny

Hosny
Ranked #23 of 1,250 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: Middle Eastern, Egyptian, Mediterranean, Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
“Fine Grill”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2012

A famous Big grill house in both Cairo and Alex, I recommend mouza Dany

Visited July 2011

• Arabic first
  • Turkish first
“Worth a try!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2012

Checking in late to the Sheraton Montazah, my colleagues and I were hungry and one asked the valet where to eat. Without compunction, he immediately recommended Hosny, pointed to the side street by the hotel and said it was right up the street. Well, it was, indeed -- up the street, around the corner and down another street. But everyone knew where it was so getting directions was no problem.

On arrival, we were immediately seated. The restaurant appeared to have several rooms and we were pointed to a level above (two steps) the other floor. This afforded me a grand view of other diners and their meals and helped with my selection.

We were immediately served with hot bread and salads while the waiter, who spoke excellent English, took our order. In no time we were served our dishes and we tucked in. I had seafood soup and moussa (sole) that was excellent. One of my colleagues ordered the seafood soup as well and remarked how good it was. But she didn't like the entree she ordered - it looked like Vienna sausages to me (not kofta) -- so I shared my sole with her, which was more than enough for the two of us. My other colleague tried the okra with lamb and I tried it. It was excellent. The bill came to LE300 (slightly less than US$50) with decent tip.

I would recommend Hosny for a good (not fancy), tasty dining experience.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
“Tasty”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2012

One of the best shish kebab and kofta in Cairo & Alexandria
I tried the grilled fish boury as well and it was tasty.

Visited August 2011
Alexandria, Egypt
“very tasty”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2012

the new branch in down town alexandria is very nice nice place to the entance of the city in front of carrefour begining to the road to cairo while the old one was in a tinny crowded road
hosni is the best for local testy grilled food kebab keftah grilled chicken served with a varity of mezzes beautifull small dishs as side dishs if you want to taste the real oriental grilled meat and chicken this is the good address .....very abordable staff

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Had a nice business dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2012

Food was nice specially the seafood soup. You can choose which fish to be served.