“An incredible experience facing the mediterranean sea”

Four Seasons Hotel Alexandria
Ranked #1 of 39 Hotels in Alexandria
Hong Kong, China
“An incredible experience facing the mediterranean sea”
Reviewed May 16, 2012

Very friendly staff, and pure luxury in this outstanding hotel in term of quality of services, rooms, view, and conference facilities. The Four Seasons Hotel Alexandria sets the bar high for business and conference tourism.
It's all perfect in the details:
- Welcoming hand-written note in the suite, signed by the manager of the hotel
- Flowers on the second day that were spreading a great "Fleur de Lys" smell in the suite
- Breakfast very professionnaly served in the suite (excellent room service)
And I could keep going on. I would recommand highly this Hotel for those looking for perfection

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank lonely g
Max M, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Alexandria, responded to this review, May 20, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review dated May 16th. I am delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Appreciate all your comments and feedback with regards to the friendliness of the staff as well as the hotel's quality of services, In addition, I am very glad you enjoyed your breakfast.

Please rest assured that all your feedback has been shared with the team as it is so meaningful and motivating for them to know when they have succeeded.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to Four Seasons Hotel Alexandria at San Stefano.

Max Musto

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
Calgary
Reviewed May 15, 2012

Very nice room , service is excellent, and food..Breakfast room is tinny , with lots of pillars and walls in the middle and hard to find a table with nice view..

They need to upgrade the cleaning standards,,I found black spots all over the floor from the sand stain design..

Lobby also is small with many pillars obstruction the architectural view..I think the developer used a cheap marble to save some money//not the 4 seasons problem..

Going to the Spa is an adventure..you go through dark long corridors..looks like in a different building. you need an escort for sure..

Very very Pricey..but good Quality hotel.

Room Tip: Front -high floor ocean view rooms are the best..I have some pics to submit later..
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Max M, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Alexandria, responded to this review, May 17, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review dated May 15th. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us & as well as our room.

I very much appreciate sharing your feedback and comments with us which was communicated with the team with regards to the cleanliness, such comments help us improve our standards.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to Four Seasons Hotel Alexandria at San Stefano in the near future.

Giza, Egypt
Reviewed May 9, 2012

Simply, it is very luxurious & comfortable hotel in an excellent location, in city center and amazing Sea View.

Room Tip: The excellenet experience will be with Sea View, but generally the rooms are fine with excellenet sp...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Hesham R
Max M, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Alexandria, responded to this review, May 12, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to fill one of Trip Advisor's reviews after your stay with us. I am very delighted to learn that you have enjoyed your visit & you liked our sea view rooms.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to the Four Seasons Hotel Alexandria at San Stefano in the near future.

Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed April 20, 2012

I love this hotel. The location is amazing, friendly staff, and beautiful rooms. We got the Junior suite and it was magnificent. There was a TV in the bathroom! The food is incredibly tasty, best food I have in a long time. The pool is my favorite thing to do there, its on the 3rd (or 2nd) floor which means you get a view of the sea and the streets of Alexandria. The indoor pool is part of the spa and it is also amazing. The hotel is right next to a mall. We went through the connecting door to the mall and it was really nice. The Fun City area was Okay. The movies were really good and there were many other stores. I've been to this hotel many times and it never seems to upset me. Definitely the best hotel in Alexandria.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Max M, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Alexandria, responded to this review, April 30, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review dated April 20th. I am delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us in the Four Seasons Suite, the food as well as the Indoor Pool and the Spa. Appreciate sharing your feedback and comments with us which I shared with the team here.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to the Four Seasons Hotel at San Stefano in the near future.

Reviewed March 18, 2012

I am here at the hotel right now. How would one rate a hotel? I personally see that rating a hotel is By all the different expectations one has. the check in was extremely smooth, so ok four seasons standard. The room, yes four seasons standard. The lobby bar, four star standard NOT 4 seasons. The table I am sitting at right now had a stained top, a waiter with ketchup! And remains of someone else's food. Check my pics. The sushi I ordered came with a bowl as big as a soup bowl containing the soy sauce. How is that 4 seasons? I am disgusted, and my expectations of the name of the hotel were not met.

• Stayed March 2012
Dear Ms. Ghazala,

Kindly accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you have faced while dining with us. Please rest assured that your feedback and comments have been well and seriously communicated with the team to avoid the occurrence of this nature in the future; I am truly very sorry for this and thank you for bringing it up to my attention.

Ms. Ghazala, I do hope that this experience has not permanently tarnished your opinion of us and that we will have the opportunity in the future to regain your confidence by welcoming you back to the hotel. If there is anything else I can do for you in the meanwhile, please do not hesitate to contact me directly on max.musto@fourseasons.com.

Upper Hutt
Reviewed March 11, 2012

This is an absolutely fantantic hotel and even though we dressed in shorts and Tshirts, we were treated just like Royalty.
Everything about this hotel was perfect and the rooms were glorious, we had a sea view room for our 2 day stay and it was worth the extra money. The walk from the rooms accross to the breakfast and evening restaurants is amazing - can't really discribe it.
If you can afford this hotel - you will not be dissapointed.

Room Tip: We upgraded to a sea view room, just for the fact that we had a view of the Mediteranean Sea but the...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Max M, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Alexandria, responded to this review, March 14, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review dated March 11th. I am very happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay as well as you liked the hotel and the room. It was our pleasure to have you staying with us and will be looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 9, 2012

This is a very nice hotel with breathtaking views of the Mediterranean. We stayed there for 3 days in January. Everything was impeccable. The bed was one of the most comfortable beds I've ever had in a hotel. Breakfast buffet was great, but expensive even by American standards. The hotel is a little far from the center of the city and most tourist attractions, but it's very easy to get a taxi from there. Being connected to St. Stephano Mall is a plus (we spent several hours there on a rainy day). Everybody was nice and friendly and we really enjoyed our stay. But I don't think I will be returning. Even though this is probably one of the best hotels in Egypt, it wasn't worth the cost.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family