“Fancy clean hotel :)”

TOLIP Hotel Alexandria
Ranked #9 of 39 Hotels in Alexandria
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Our stay was from 18/4/2014 to 20/4/2014 we were welcomed by lovely front desk staff specially "Mr.Ahmed Hedaar"

The valet service is good but expensive "40 LE/overnight"

Breakfast buffet has lots of variety but the hall isnt big enough

Housekeepin service are good they are clean and fast except there was no shampoo in the shower

Ovarall it was very nice being there and will come back soon :))

• Stayed: April 2014
Hotel Managemen... T, Guest Relations Manager at TOLIP Hotel Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2014

Dear Mr. Hazem,

Thank you very much for sparing the time and sharing your experience at our hotel trip advisor page.
Your feedback is very beneficial and we have the pleasure of hosting you at TOLIP royal Alexandria. We are also happy that all the hotel facilities were up to your expectations .
Your comments will be immediately passed to our team members who with no doubt will be grateful for your wordings,
Looking forward to welcoming you again at your soonest

There are newer reviews for TOLIP Hotel Alexandria

Reviewed April 6, 2014

I stayed at this hotel during the weekend of last march, I enjoyed my stay there hotel is really nice rooms are clean and so new... pool is a bit small for the hotel but I really don't care. They have a lot of Restaurants we ate at La Cucina and food was very good. Staff are helpful. But I got the feeling that they lack experience in dealing with guests. Overall I enjoyed my stay

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Dear Our Valued Guest ,

Looking forward to welcoming you again at your soonest

Reviewed April 3, 2014

Looks great when you see the outside, but very sadly lacking inside. The staff were helpful, but things like no internet in the rooms, and the gym not opening until 10 in the morning, decreased the pleasure in staying there. Room was ok, but noisy, and all the fittings and furniture were very cheap. V small bathroom, with shower facing the wrong way. Breakfast ok, but nothing in the way of healthy choices

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Peter L
Hotel Managemen... T, Guest Relations Manager at TOLIP Hotel Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2014

Dear Our Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time and filling your comments at our hotel trip advisor page,
Such feedback is always beneficial from our customers because it shows us our areas of improvement to rectify them shortly and promptly.
We apologize for any inconvenience that has caused to you during your stay.
We will try our utmost efforts to avoid such occurrences of this sort in the future.

Please do not hesitate to re-visit us again at your soonest where we guarantee a pleasant and memorable stay with us,

Sincerly,

Reviewed March 27, 2014

At first, there is no Royal Tulip in Alexandria! The hotels name is Tolip Royal and it is the not fully completed leftover of an unsuccessful partnership between Royal Tulip and the Egyptian Military.

If you enter the hotel you get the impression that you really enter a Royal Tulip hotel, but this is changing within seconds when stand in front of the reception desk. Despite how many guests are trying to check in or out, there is only one receptionist working. Not that staff is missing behind the desk, but they're busy with themselves.

We booked a room with sea view and thought that we'll see the sea. But after coming in the room we found out that we could see the sea only if we commit suicide and climb over the balcony. After we expressed our missing satisfaction about this circumstance to the front desk the manager offered us an upgrade to a seafront room if we pay 100 Pounds per night more of course. We got the impression after reading all the other reviews that this kind of up selling is a part of the business model of the Tolip Royal.

The new room was nice in principle. At least you could see the sea. But it was like everywhere and with everything in this hotel if you look closer you are between shocked and amused. The bathroom floor was far away from being clean, the door of the balcony was not closing properly so you could hear the traffic noise the whole night. But the worst thing was that there was construction work with heavy drilling machines ongoing in a room two rooms away until 23:00 in the night.

After such nights you're looking for nice coffee and a nice breakfast. But you should not expect to get this in the Tolip Royal. Except the egg station it was a breakfast was extremely poor.

At the end of the day the Tolip Royal is a fake like Rolex from China. It looks like the original if you are fare away but you'll feel the difference if you enter...

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank Abdul K
Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

I had a medical conference in Alexandria ... The agency booked me a room in this "supposed" 5stars brand new hotel ... They told me its name is "Royal Tulip".

I know this hotel is less than one year of age , so i was excited to try it as every thing is usually best at the beginning (specially in Egypt) !!!, so I go there and expect the "ROYAL" experience !!

As I reached the hotel, i noticed something very weird ... The hotel name was written "TOLIP" ?!!! ... And the hotel logo was surprisingly that of the "Tulip" flower ?!!!!!!! .. I denied such fatal mistake to be done by a 5 stars hotel ... I searched the web several times for a meaning to the word "Tolip" , yet I found nothing ... What a catastrophe !!!! ... At this point I really worried about my ROYAL dream :((

Location: this is the most ROYAL thing about this hotel ... Located at Mostafa Kamel buildings in front of the sea yet the hotel lacks a private beach .... It's close to Sidi Gaber station, Stanly Bridge, Alex library and San Stefano .

The hotel buildings are new and the reception colors and furniture are elegant.

Check In : slow as a turtle , they told me that the room they gave me is the last room they have with a "partial sea view" ( of course they were liars coz other friend of mine checked in after me )... I told them I need to make room orientation ... They spent a lot of time searching a guy who come with me and show me a suite then he left me to complete my orientation with a not working key !!!! ... I was very angry about that but I was very tired from a long way from Cairo so I decided to end any arguments to sleeeeep ASAP !!!

Staff: NOT professional at all, u have to ask them for wt they have to do ... Housekeeping don't come except when asked !! .. When I entered my room I waited for my luggage for a long time ... I asked for it but no one knows about it ... I went down by myself to search for it ... The bill man received me with a silly smile and told me : oh doctor we were searching for you ?????!!!!!!! ... And when I asked him why my luggage didn't come to my room ... He told me : You didn't ask ??!!!!!!!!!! .... What a ROYAL answers !!!!!!!!!!

Room: colors and furniture are elegant yet pillows and mattress wasn't comfortable at all ... Small room and very small bathroom ... and the room view wasn't "partial sea" it was " street and old buildings view" and if u wonna see the sea from the room terrace u have to "hang your head outside till u are about to fall !!!! ... Believe it or not the new door hand was broken !!!

Restaurants: breakfast was good , no Shisha lounge ... Food is really expensive regarding hotel service quality !!! ... Believe it or not the in room breakfast is much expensive than the four seasons !!!!!

Spa: NO SPA .. Although the demo at the elevator announce its existence ???!!!!!!!

Swimming pool: small and poor !!

Overall experience and recommendations:
Bad hotel .. poor service unprofessional staff .... Fake name !!
Nothing related to royalty or tulip :))

Don't recommend !!!

Stayed: March 2014
19  Thank Dr-Bassim
Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

The worst hotel ive ever been to. It doesnt deserve a one star even.The mini bar is empty the safebox is not fixed no menu in the room no directions on the phone. No booklet to explain about the hotel. The food was not tasty at alll.terrible stay.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
5  Thank Grace M
Hotel Managemen... T, Guest Relations Manager at TOLIP Hotel Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

Dear Our Valued Guest ,

We apologize for any inconvenience that has caused you during your stay.

Sincerly,

Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel during Feb 2014. The hotel location is perfect by the Mediterranean sea although the entrance is not on the sea directly.

Quite frankly, the service was not up to my expectation and I think the management of the hotel need to give serious attention to this issue and train their staff on how to listen to guests and how to address their concerns in a professional manner. All my requests were responded to however, in away that made me feel that the staff does not want to do so.

In many occasions, I noticed that the staff is not listening and simply ignoring the guest request and do something else !!! I noticed this in the valet parking as well as in the reception.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business