My points for the very low rating:
1) Indifferent management -- When we checked in, I noticed the guy at the counter was taking too much time for I don't know what. Considering that we were rushing to catch a couple of sights open as we were there only for an overnight stay (with early flight the next day), this was a great concern for me so I politely requested if he could rush a bit our check-in and explained the situation. After looking at me while I was talking, NO REACTION and he proceeded just the same. I repeated and instead of responding to my request, he responded saying that he will charge us a higher rate, which brings me to my 2nd point.
2) Hidden Charges -- The guy at the concierge informed us that he will have to charge us an additional fee as 2 persons are checking in. What th...?!! Now, I don't really mind if this is the policy but I just hate, really hate when they only tell you at the last minute, when you're already there as if they are doing it on purpose, hiding these additional fees. And adding insult to injury, he was insisting on this while not even addressing my initial concern of rushing the check-in process.
3) Very, very poor quality of bathroom -- photos say more than enough. Very, very disappointed about this considering they ought to be protecting the Hilton brand.
4) Even locals don't know the direction to this hotel -- our driver was a local, he didn't know the place, asked a couple of locals as well who pointed us to different directions, which also cost us to lose some time for the sights. so don't expect locals to know this hotel even if it's a Hilton. Also, considering that the location is within the city, it says how much 'hidden' it is. Like the other reviews say, it is in a very weird location: need to drive in a path that leads to a mall. Somewhere there is the Hilton.
Now, the worst thing is that there isn't really a better alternative with comparable rates that is within the same vicinity. There is the Blu Radisson but it's located out of nowhere (we passed by it on the way to the airport) with construction going on in the nearby vicinity and pretty much nothing to do. At least with the Hilton, there is a mall literally within the same area/compound that is open until 1am.
My last words of advice: unless you can lower your expectations to the grave, better save up for the Four Seasons Hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of Egypt’s second largest city, Hilton Alexandria Green Plaza offers contemporary accommodation and a wealth of business and leisure amenities. Dine in one of the six restaurants & bars, relax by the outdoor & indoor pool or make the most of our superb conference facilities, including the city’s largest ballroom and meeting space. Located inside one of Egypt’s largest shopping malls in Smouha business district, the hotel makes the ideal base for visiting nearby attractions, such as Qaitbay Fort and Bibliotheca Alexandrina. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Orbitz, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hilton Alexandria Green Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Alexandria Green Plaza Hotel Alexandria
- Hilton International Alexandria
- Alexandria Hilton