“Very nice hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hilton Alexandria Green Plaza
Ranked #5 of 38 Hotels in Alexandria
“Very nice hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

the hotel is very nice , rooms are spacious , and service is excellent , location of the hotel is far from the beach , but being inside a mall makes every thing available and near by , staff is helpful and friendly , swimming pool is nice and clean , over all it is a nice experience , i would prefer to come to this hotel again when going to alexandria for vacation or work trip

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Nevinehaggar, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Alexandria Green Plaza, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hilton Alexandria Green Plaza and for taking the time to write to us. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

It is always good to receive your feedback. Many thanks for taking the time to advise us. We place great value on your custom, and your continued relationship with Hilton.

Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
القاهرة, Egypt
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

We had a nice stay at the hotel me and my family. Staff are very pleasant and cooperative. Rooms are clean and had good furtniture. The hotel needs to have some animation programs at evening time as there is nothing that can be done.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Nevinehaggar, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Alexandria Green Plaza, responded to this review, September 20, 2013

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

This hotel is a little difficult to get to if you are approaching it from the opposite side of the road. And once you get turned around and heading back in the right direction, you must be diligent to see the sign and entry. Once through the checkpoint, you see a sign for the hotel on your right but an arrow pointing to the left. Confusing signage! The entry is taped off with security tape so you have to thread the aisle and then back in to the valet marking the entrance, which is pretty nondescript. Once you pass security, you have to find the elevator - and the casual wave of the hand really doesn't suffice because it appears there is an access to the left but you really have to go to the right, around the corner to a bank of elevators. Then you have two options: floor 1 and floor 2. The lobby is on floor 2. It is laid out in a semicircle so whatever direction you turn, you are bound to end up at the registration desk on the opposite side. But no signage. The center is a glass wall looking down into shops that are a part of a mall that this hotel is designed around. I fail to appreciate the "scenic" view. And therein lies a potential problem. It's noisy if you have an inside room so bring your ear plugs. You'll need them if you get an outside room fronting then highway as well, according to my driver.

But the staff are courteous and professional and check-in was seamless, and not long after I was in my room I received a call from Guest Relations inquiring if everything was alright. And it continued for the three days I was there. They were genuinely interested and engaged and followed up if I had an inquiry.

Internet is NOT free, which puzzles me. I can pay the same rate for a similar rated hotel in Alexandria and receive Internet in the package. I signed up for 72 hours which amounted to $11.50 a day. On the second day, I could not connect and we spent a lot of time back and forth with guest relations and the Internet provider before I just gave up and used my cell phone stick. I learned later that the hotel had problems with the Internet connection that day, but I implicitly felt guilty that the problem was mine. This is the culture here; no one wants to admit they have a problem. But bless the guest relations; they came clean and on checkout they credited me with two days.

Breakfast is a walk across a skybridge over the mall to another wing. It's okay, but not outstanding. The omelette station is quick, which is unusual in this region. Service at the tables is dicey; I had to flag the servers down to get a cup of tea every day, then a spoon, then diet sugar. They never inquire if you need anything. And they don't linger long enough to let you tell them what you need. So I just send them back time and again for my accessories.

The rooms are good. Nice bed and pillow. Plenty of closet space and drawers to store clothes so you don't have to live out of a suitcase - a pet peeve of mine. I NEVER use the mini-bar but in this case I did because I didn't have time for lunch and for once the prices were reasonable instead of the usual highway robbery. A/C is frigid but the controls are easy to understand. Workstation is nice but I had problem receiving calls at that phone. When I was on the phone with the Internet provider and he would call back, I had to get up and answer the phone next to my bed, which was not conducive to receiving instructions and working on my laptop at the same time. I finally had had it and called guest relations. They sent an "engineer" and I was finally instructed to dial my own room with a 6 in front of it to pick up the call at the extension. This is an engineering failure. I've seen this in offices, but in a hotel room? Really odd. I scrolled through a lot of stations on the TV but finally gave up because I couldn't find a news station in English.

But we chose this hotel for its location because during the holiday season the hotels on the corniche are impossible to get to without a l-o-n-g drive -- bumper to bumper.

Given the concern for our statisfaction and professional staff, as well as a pleasant room, I'll stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose an inside room but brin your ear plugs just in case there are some late night revelers on the...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Douglas A
Nevinehaggar, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Alexandria Green Plaza, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hilton Alexandria Green Plaza. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

I would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused During your stay with us. Please rest assured that each point has been investigated so that these situations do not reoccur in the future. I have personally followed up to ensure that the appropriate corrective actions are immediately taken.

We place great value on your custom, and your continued relationship with Hilton. I look forward to welcoming you once more to Hilton Alexandria Green Plaza in the near future.

Saint Julian's, Malta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

This is my second visit to this hotel & I must say I was not let down. I travelled alone with my 3 children to visit friends & felt very safe despite the unfortunate situation Egypt is currently going through. The staff from front office to housekeeping is extremely courteous & helpful. A welcome change was the larger pool including a small jacuzzi area. The Abu Khir restaurant is as great as it was when I visited last time. Unexpectedly the highlight of the restaurants at the hotel was Ginger-greatest sushi ever & I have tasted it in several countries! Room service was efficient too. Loved finding the fancy towel designs complete with flower petals ... Such a sweet touch. The housekeeping staff in charge of the rooms from 500 onwards had got used to us & were so incredibly friendly-such sweet people indeed! My only complaint-the Internet service- it happens to be particularly pricey! The hotel is surrounded by a number of retail outlets of every sort...so convenient!
Shukran Hilton Alexandria Green Plaza... Hope to visit your lovely country, lovely people & hotel again!

• Stayed August 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Nevinehaggar, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Alexandria Green Plaza, responded to this review, September 1, 2013

cairo, Egypt
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

elegant and comfort rooms with good smelling and good food in breakfast as it the only meal i used. clean . bathrooms i enjoyed my staying there. but make sure to revise you check out recite as i found some extra items that i did not use and was include as a mistake.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Nevinehaggar, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Alexandria Green Plaza, responded to this review, August 31, 2013

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

Hilton Alexandria Green Plaza is a very nice hotel, i went there for more than 15 stays during the past 7 months, it is located inside a nice mall in the middle of Alexandria, not near from the sea but very nice specially for business.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Nevinehaggar, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Alexandria Green Plaza, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Guest

I look forward to welcoming you once more to Hilton Alexandria Green Plaza in the near future. In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me

Nevine
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

this is our 7th visit to the hotel, and we did not like it this time . we had a deluxe plus room in the executive floor the room is not well maintained, the interment is expensive at the room! although it is free at the lounge, it was very very slow! the towels are old and the room is not very clean. the breakfast at the executive lounge is less than average, even the soft and hot drinks are limited. on the other hand they have a happy hour for alcoholic drinks in the evening.
one good thing that the hotel has a bigger new swimming pool, and the staff are still friendly and helpful.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Nevinehaggar, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Alexandria Green Plaza, responded to this review, July 5, 2013

Best Regards