Hilton Alexandria Green Plaza
San Giovanni Hotel(Alexandria)
  • Room Service
Plaza Hotel(Alexandria)
1,448 results
All reviewsginger restaurantshopping mallexecutive roombusiness tripspecial thanksenjoyed my stayexcellent hotelswimming poolguest relationsmain restaurantmany thanksnice staysecond homefront officegreat hospitalityrooms are spacioushouse keeping
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I am very familiar with Alexandria, having lived there for a while, and on a two-night visit in January 2013 with my family, we decided to stay at the Hilton because of our honors membership. I probably wouldn't recommend the hotel unless you also have honors membership because even with our bonuses, it was a pretty average stay. We arrived and the honors check-in process was a little lengthy. We would have liked our two rooms to be adjoining, but apparently this was not available and they didn't even end up putting us side-by-side but across the lobby from one another. One of our rooms was average-sized and the other quite large, but everything was clean, the beds were comfortable and the bathroom spacious and nice. There was a strange smell, however--not a bad one actually just a bit strange. The hotel's location is within an outdoor shopping mall, so views from the room either looked out at a wedding hall or at the mall itself. Convenient for shopping and mostly fast-food eating though. Also movie theater (with English movies) in the complex. We also dined at one of the hotel's restaurants (Italian) and it was fine but perhaps a little overprice for what it actually was? The location within Alexandria is not great--it's not on the water or anything--but cabs to the water/downtown are pretty cheap, so that wasn't too bad. It was nice to have access to the club to be able to grab snacks, water, soda throughout the day, and we enjoyed the breakfast buffet within the club, too. They were kind enough to arrange a car to take us to our hotel in Cairo and it was affordable compared with prices we had previously been quoted. Staff was very nice, however, and we even received some towel animals on our beds. ;) An okay stay if you're an honors member otherwise try the Hotel Cecil for historic and location (and sea views) or the Four Seasons for luxury and sea views.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Nevinehaggar, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Alexandria Green Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hilton Alexandria Green Plaza and for taking the time to write to us. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

It is always good to receive your feedback. Many thanks for taking the time to advise us. We place great value on your custom, and your continued relationship with Hilton.

I look forward to welcoming you once more to Hilton Alexandria Green Plaza in the near future. In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me

Regards
Nevine

Reviewed March 22, 2013

this is very good hotel and I can recommend this hotel for all of you. room are very nice and comfortable. very attractive pool view and bar lounge and ballroom is excellent. this is the please where you should stay.

Room Tip: choose a pool view room with queen suite.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Nevinehaggar, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Alexandria Green Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2013

Reviewed March 22, 2013

We stayed here as part of a group tour of Egypt, and because of demonstrations in downtown Alexandria, the company put us up here for security reasons. It is a bit far out of the city, but the access to the mall means that you can stroll around and for us, interact with some Egyptians at the cafes and restaurants. The bathroom was fabulous, the best of our trip, the staff courteous and helpful and the buffet was huge, with a wide variety of foods for all tastes. For Westerners cautious about accomodations, this was the most Western hotel I visited, and so would make for an easier transition for those new to Egypt.

Room Tip: Our room faced the pool and got the eastern sun. We had no noise issues.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Nevine Haggar
Guest Relations Manager
Hilton Alexandria green Plaza

Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

We caught the train up to Alexandria and chose to stay at Hilton greenplaza. It was good value but out of the way a little. Once there, hotel checkin was a bit of a labyrinth as exec rooms way around other side. Staff nice enough but not great. English was a little bit of a problem communicating. Rooms lovely though and beds extremely comfortable. Exec lounge a bit disappointing and limited selection. Plenty of restaurants around as it is a mall. Probably would think twice about staying here again.

• Stayed: April 2012
Nevinehaggar, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Alexandria Green Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Dear Guest,

It is always good to receive your feedback. About the lounge ventilation Many thanks for taking the time to advise us. We place great value on your custom, and your continued relationship with Hilton.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

A nice place to stay at in alexandria but unfortunately it could have been better..the staff were so welcoming and sweet, i especially liked the young woman at breakfast, she was very hospital. The room was big enough but the windows were suffocating,and the room was a long distance from the elevaters which was a pain.

Room Tip: I recommend you get an exucutive room.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family