“Very good Hotel”

Ranked #5 of 38 Hotels in Alexandria
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Very good Hotel”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

My Husband and I had no probs checking in. We had a room over looking the car park however it was very quiet . The room was very clean . We really loved breakfast and the waiting staff and chefs could not have been more friendly. I think it goes a long way i try to speak Arabic and there is a few smiles . The pool was very nice just right temp and clean . I had a massage which was so good ( I forgot the young ladies name) . We have just stayed 10 hotels. It was nice to hve the shopping mall there .
Its is a little way from down town 10 mins by taxi approx 20 ep £ 2.00 uk . We knew this when we booked it was no problem , we walked on to main road. Taxi,s outside the Hotel will be 40 -50 we did not use. We would go back to the Hilton , and hope we do one day .

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Nevinehaggar, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Alexandria Green Plaza, responded to this review, December 15, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hilton Alexandria Green Plaza and for taking the time to write to us. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

It is always good to receive your feedback. Many thanks for taking the time to advise us. We place great value on your custom, and your continued relationship with Hilton.

I look forward to welcoming you once more to Hilton Alexandria Green Plaza in the near future. In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me

Nevine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed December 4, 2012

This is more of a business hotel. We were directed to a different building which was a bit of a hike for a 2 night stay in an executive room. The staff were very friendly and made a conscious effort to ensure a smooth stay. The room was HUGE with 2 queen beds, a study (including internet) and a bathroom of equal proportions. The walls were a bit on the thin side as I was awoken by the moans and groans of an amorous couple around midnight on our first night. The lounge was well stocked with a variety of drinks, snacks and food. The breakfast was also good. Located in a mall, it wasn't close to the historical sights but these were just a short taxi ride way.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Nevinehaggar, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Alexandria Green Plaza, responded to this review, December 5, 2012

Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

Worst Check-in Ever!!! Unfriendly Reception Staff Overall,biassed toward Egyptian Guests (Shame on You!!) & they are supposed to be the Hotel Front.the Worst one of them all, His Name was Kareem Mohammed i think.He has communication issues,& a cocky agressive Unwilling attitude which is totally against the Hilton Brand Ethics.So Unhelpful he tends to Create Problems rather than solve them.On the Contrary Abu Kir Restuarant manager Mr.Mohammed (Not sure of his last name) is a perfect example of how hotel staff should be.Overall hotel staff aren't exceptionally friendly.Rooms are fine but have the worst views ever.Food is Ok not Exceptional.I did fancy the Shopping mall experience but it was quite an average one (prices are Hiked just for being near-by a hotel) & the hotel Entrance kinda suffers from it (it feels mundane that u have to take an elevator from the useless ground floor to the lobby which is purely to separate the mall from the Hotel,also there's traffic at the hotel entrance,Mall Visitors!!) which is a bit of a pain.Love the idea of a Multiplex Movie Theatre right at your backdoor.good transportation options alot of private and public cabs in the vicinity.Nice spacious Parking for 20 EGP a night.they also have a travel agent.Found an ATM right there in the lobby which was helpful.Overall an Average experience largely due to Hotel Staff Attitude.That said i most definitely would go back with my family with better hospitality guaranteed.

• Stayed November 2012
Nevinehaggar, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Alexandria Green Plaza, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hilton Alexandria Green Plaza. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

I would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused during your stay. Would appriciate if you can clarify the problem that happed with the Front office Please rest assured that each point will be investigated so that these situations do not reoccur in the future.

regards
Nevine Haggar
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I spent 3 days in Alex. on a business trip. stayed at Hilton Green Plaza. the hotel is surrounded by a large shopping area including Carrefoure.
Starting from the room, it was spacious and clean...I like it. Room service is excellent, i had a problem in the bathroom and it got fixed in 10 mins.
Food was very good and the restaurant looked nice and clean.
For me the main drawback is the view, it's unlikely for me to be in Alex and can't see the sea!! Being located in the down town of Alex. I'd recommend it for business visitors more than for fun.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Nevinehaggar, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Alexandria Green Plaza, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Dear Mr. Ayman

UK
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Room was good but internet was quite expensive. The hotel is attached to a shopping centre with a selection of shops, restaurants etc. The hotel restaurant is OK but the external ones are much better and cheaper. It is a bit of a distance from the heart of the town and the sea

The staff are incredibly polite, well trained and helpful

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Nevinehaggar, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Alexandria Green Plaza, responded to this review, November 13, 2012

Best Regards
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Hilton Alexandria Green Plaza is a nice hotel with Hilton quality. Staff are very nice and helpful, the executive lounge is not bad but it a little poor with no good espresso machine. I was appointed suite 839 which is really good and spacious. The most negative point about the hotel is that it is not overlooking the sea, other than that it is a nice place to stay in whenever visiting Alexandria and I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Nevinehaggar, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Alexandria Green Plaza, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear Mr. Khaled

It is always good to receive your feedback. Many thanks for taking the time to advise us. and concering the Espresso machine i reported it to the concerned department and hope we place it soon We place great value on your custom, and your continued relationship with Hilton.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I was lucky to stay at the Hilton Green Plaza hotel I was inveted to dinner at relatives house so I spent the night and left next day .i phoned the Hilton hotline to ask for a room they were very helpful they asked for my credit card no and said they wouldnt"t use it until my day of arrival when we arrived we checked in very quickly our room was quite spacey the hotel has a mall of shops connected to the hotel and there are 3 cinemas in the mall. We were given the Hilton honors card after our stay in the hotel so it would be easy to book in any Hilton in any city in the whole world.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great but the ones overlooking the pool are better