“UnFriendly Staff DO Ruin a Good Experience!!”

Hilton Alexandria Green Plaza
Ranked #3 of 39 Hotels in Alexandria
Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

Worst Check-in Ever!!! Unfriendly Reception Staff Overall,biassed toward Egyptian Guests (Shame on You!!) & they are supposed to be the Hotel Front.the Worst one of them all, His Name was Kareem Mohammed i think.He has communication issues,& a cocky agressive Unwilling attitude which is totally against the Hilton Brand Ethics.So Unhelpful he tends to Create Problems rather than solve them.On the Contrary Abu Kir Restuarant manager Mr.Mohammed (Not sure of his last name) is a perfect example of how hotel staff should be.Overall hotel staff aren't exceptionally friendly.Rooms are fine but have the worst views ever.Food is Ok not Exceptional.I did fancy the Shopping mall experience but it was quite an average one (prices are Hiked just for being near-by a hotel) & the hotel Entrance kinda suffers from it (it feels mundane that u have to take an elevator from the useless ground floor to the lobby which is purely to separate the mall from the Hotel,also there's traffic at the hotel entrance,Mall Visitors!!) which is a bit of a pain.Love the idea of a Multiplex Movie Theatre right at your backdoor.good transportation options alot of private and public cabs in the vicinity.Nice spacious Parking for 20 EGP a night.they also have a travel agent.Found an ATM right there in the lobby which was helpful.Overall an Average experience largely due to Hotel Staff Attitude.That said i most definitely would go back with my family with better hospitality guaranteed.

• Stayed: November 2012
Nevinehaggar, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Alexandria Green Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hilton Alexandria Green Plaza. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

I would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused during your stay. Would appriciate if you can clarify the problem that happed with the Front office Please rest assured that each point will be investigated so that these situations do not reoccur in the future.

I look forward to welcoming you once more to Hilton Alexandria Green Plaza in the near future. In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me

regards
Nevine Haggar

There are newer reviews for Hilton Alexandria Green Plaza

Reviewed November 17, 2012

I spent 3 days in Alex. on a business trip. stayed at Hilton Green Plaza. the hotel is surrounded by a large shopping area including Carrefoure.
Starting from the room, it was spacious and clean...I like it. Room service is excellent, i had a problem in the bathroom and it got fixed in 10 mins.
Food was very good and the restaurant looked nice and clean.
For me the main drawback is the view, it's unlikely for me to be in Alex and can't see the sea!! Being located in the down town of Alex. I'd recommend it for business visitors more than for fun.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Nevinehaggar, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Alexandria Green Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2012

Dear Mr. Ayman

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hilton Alexandria Green Plaza and for taking the time to write to us. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

It is always good to receive your feedback. Many thanks for taking the time to advise us. We place great value on your custom, and your continued relationship with Hilton.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Room was good but internet was quite expensive. The hotel is attached to a shopping centre with a selection of shops, restaurants etc. The hotel restaurant is OK but the external ones are much better and cheaper. It is a bit of a distance from the heart of the town and the sea

The staff are incredibly polite, well trained and helpful

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Nevinehaggar, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Alexandria Green Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Best Regards

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Hilton Alexandria Green Plaza is a nice hotel with Hilton quality. Staff are very nice and helpful, the executive lounge is not bad but it a little poor with no good espresso machine. I was appointed suite 839 which is really good and spacious. The most negative point about the hotel is that it is not overlooking the sea, other than that it is a nice place to stay in whenever visiting Alexandria and I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Nevinehaggar, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Alexandria Green Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Dear Mr. Khaled

It is always good to receive your feedback. Many thanks for taking the time to advise us. and concering the Espresso machine i reported it to the concerned department and hope we place it soon We place great value on your custom, and your continued relationship with Hilton.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I was lucky to stay at the Hilton Green Plaza hotel I was inveted to dinner at relatives house so I spent the night and left next day .i phoned the Hilton hotline to ask for a room they were very helpful they asked for my credit card no and said they wouldnt"t use it until my day of arrival when we arrived we checked in very quickly our room was quite spacey the hotel has a mall of shops connected to the hotel and there are 3 cinemas in the mall. We were given the Hilton honors card after our stay in the hotel so it would be easy to book in any Hilton in any city in the whole world.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great but the ones overlooking the pool are better
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Nevinehaggar, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Alexandria Green Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Reviewed October 18, 2012

I stayed for one night. and I hardly left the compound!
The hotel has two wings, the standard and the executive. Each wing has it's own front desk and lobby, plus an exit to the mall/outside.

The hotel is located in the middle of the market, more like Open air shopping mall, yet, I heard no noise whatsoever, which was fantastic.

My stay was on the executive wing.

Checking in was by Mr. Shady Tamer, an excellent communicator, sharp and polite.

Mr. Ahmed the senior from housekeeping took me to my room.

The room :
was very spacious, with a large desk, lovely bathroom, and comfortable seating area.
pictures attached.
Everything was fresh and clean.

The executive lounge was relaxing, was only busy during the evening, as they had light snacks, which some may go for as a light dinner.

I dined in the main restaurant the first night " Abu Kir " restaurant. An open buffet. Every night they had a special theme. I didn't like the theme as it wasn't my favorite cuisine that night. but the food was good nevertheless, especially the salad bar.

I chose to have breakfast in the main restaurant too, though the executive lounge offered a complimentary breakfast, which was about the same as the one in the main restaurant, except for the section where you get a chef making omelets ...

Breakfast was great, lots of varieties.

One thing I really loved was the baking they did. it was tasty.

I dined the next day on the Italian restaurant. Was amazing. everything was fresh and delicious. and the service was great, in both restaurants actually.

The spa looked nice, too bad I haven't had the time to check it out.
There were two pools, one that was small and another that was decent in size.

Many thanks to Mr. Ahmed Ghoneim , at the executive desk during the evenings. A Very helpful and a polite man indeed.
I needed a charger for my mobile phone the first day and he solved the problem.
The next day, just before checking out, I cut myself by accident, and had a bloody wound. Mr Ahmed brought me to my room the medical kit I needed to clean the wound and put a the dressings over it.

Overall summary :
The hotel has a great location, close to the train station, and in the middle of a huge market. Not very far from the sea shores.
Excellent service, decent staff, good food. close by attractions as the cinema complex and lots of cafes and restaurants.
Good for business trips and family trips

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Muhammad A
Nevinehaggar, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Alexandria Green Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2012

Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

This hotel likes to be named as a 5 star hotel but in reality it's closed to a hostel.
My room- called cabine (no other room was available) near by the 20sqrm pool is very dirty, ugly and noisy. Even the AC blows stinky air...
A renovation is strongly required!
This place is only disappointing when not discusting.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Sebaksebak
Nevinehaggar, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Alexandria Green Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Dear Sir

I would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused during your stay. Please rest assured that each point will be investigated so that these situations do not reoccur in the future. I will personally follow up to ensure that the appropriate corrective actions will be immediately taken. However I would very much apprciate if you send me your contact details on "nevine.haggar@hilton.com" to personally contact you.