“Good location”

Ranked #5 of 38 Hotels in Alexandria
Cairo, Egypt
“Good location”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I was lucky to stay at the Hilton Green Plaza hotel I was inveted to dinner at relatives house so I spent the night and left next day .i phoned the Hilton hotline to ask for a room they were very helpful they asked for my credit card no and said they wouldnt"t use it until my day of arrival when we arrived we checked in very quickly our room was quite spacey the hotel has a mall of shops connected to the hotel and there are 3 cinemas in the mall. We were given the Hilton honors card after our stay in the hotel so it would be easy to book in any Hilton in any city in the whole world.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great but the ones overlooking the pool are better
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Nevinehaggar, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Alexandria Green Plaza, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hilton Alexandria Green Plaza and for taking the time to write to us. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

It is always good to receive your feedback. Many thanks for taking the time to advise us. We place great value on your custom, and your continued relationship with Hilton.

I look forward to welcoming you once more to Hilton Alexandria Green Plaza in the near future. In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me

Nevine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
Kuwait City, Kuwait
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I stayed for one night. and I hardly left the compound!
The hotel has two wings, the standard and the executive. Each wing has it's own front desk and lobby, plus an exit to the mall/outside.

The hotel is located in the middle of the market, more like Open air shopping mall, yet, I heard no noise whatsoever, which was fantastic.

My stay was on the executive wing.

Checking in was by Mr. Shady Tamer, an excellent communicator, sharp and polite.

Mr. Ahmed the senior from housekeeping took me to my room.

The room :
was very spacious, with a large desk, lovely bathroom, and comfortable seating area.
pictures attached.
Everything was fresh and clean.

The executive lounge was relaxing, was only busy during the evening, as they had light snacks, which some may go for as a light dinner.

I dined in the main restaurant the first night " Abu Kir " restaurant. An open buffet. Every night they had a special theme. I didn't like the theme as it wasn't my favorite cuisine that night. but the food was good nevertheless, especially the salad bar.

I chose to have breakfast in the main restaurant too, though the executive lounge offered a complimentary breakfast, which was about the same as the one in the main restaurant, except for the section where you get a chef making omelets ...

Breakfast was great, lots of varieties.

One thing I really loved was the baking they did. it was tasty.

I dined the next day on the Italian restaurant. Was amazing. everything was fresh and delicious. and the service was great, in both restaurants actually.

The spa looked nice, too bad I haven't had the time to check it out.
There were two pools, one that was small and another that was decent in size.

Many thanks to Mr. Ahmed Ghoneim , at the executive desk during the evenings. A Very helpful and a polite man indeed.
I needed a charger for my mobile phone the first day and he solved the problem.
The next day, just before checking out, I cut myself by accident, and had a bloody wound. Mr Ahmed brought me to my room the medical kit I needed to clean the wound and put a the dressings over it.

Overall summary :
The hotel has a great location, close to the train station, and in the middle of a huge market. Not very far from the sea shores.
Excellent service, decent staff, good food. close by attractions as the cinema complex and lots of cafes and restaurants.
Good for business trips and family trips

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Muhammad A
Nevinehaggar, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Alexandria Green Plaza, responded to this review, October 21, 2012

Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

This hotel likes to be named as a 5 star hotel but in reality it's closed to a hostel.
My room- called cabine (no other room was available) near by the 20sqrm pool is very dirty, ugly and noisy. Even the AC blows stinky air...
A renovation is strongly required!
This place is only disappointing when not discusting.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Sebaksebak
Nevinehaggar, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Alexandria Green Plaza, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Dear Sir

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hilton Alexandria Green Plaza. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

I would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused during your stay. Please rest assured that each point will be investigated so that these situations do not reoccur in the future. I will personally follow up to ensure that the appropriate corrective actions will be immediately taken. However I would very much apprciate if you send me your contact details on "nevine.haggar@hilton.com" to personally contact you.

Cairo, egypt
Reviewed October 16, 2012

it was as hort but good stay, everything was organized and clean.. location is good as it is near Somuha, one of the elegant and clean areas in Alex, but the serroundings still not so good... it has a very goos shopping facility under the hotel with many international brands and a nice food courts including well know brands...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed October 2, 2012

The Place is very good and staff are really freindly and cooperative. I was in Alexandria and decided to get into Hilton Green Plaza. The location is great and being inside the Green Plaza Mall gives a great opportunity to go shopping. We had dinner at Abu Kir restaurant. The food was really delicious. Special thanks go to Essam in Abu Kir. I will be back sure.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AmrBadry
Nevinehaggar, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Alexandria Green Plaza, responded to this review, October 4, 2012

Best Regards

Nevine Haggar
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 16, 2012

I liked the way everthing was set out and the service was amazing and the house keeping used to make the room nice and tidy and the swimming pool was nice and clean and the location of the hotel was excellent and the srouning area and the shops and the cafe were excllent.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank refaat123
Nevinehaggar, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Alexandria Green Plaza, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Dear Guest ,

Khartoum
Reviewed September 14, 2012

It's my 5 th visit to this nice hotel. All staff starting from doorman till room service are very helpfull and cheerful . The check in at front office was very quick and also during check out it took only very few moments . Tv channels are ok with every guest needs . The rooms are very comfort and clean but the bathrooms needs more light . The room service is ok but orders if more than one or two plates must be serviced on the trolley car not all in one tray does not seems nice in presentation and confortability . The location is excellent for Alexandria business travellers. All in all it's an excellent hotel with an excellent staff .

Room Tip: Pool view rooms are mostly recommended but not during public holidays
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Nevinehaggar, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Alexandria Green Plaza, responded to this review, September 16, 2012

Nevine Haggar