“A bit tired”

Hilton Alexandria Green Plaza
Ranked #3 of 39 Hotels in Alexandria
Reviewed October 4, 2011

We stayed for one night in September 2011. The hotel is getting on a bit and would benefit from refurbishment. It is very spread out and our rooms were a long way from reception and the restaurant areas and a very long way from the swimming pool which was a bit small. One positive was the half price internet special (60 Egyptian pounds for 24 hours) and the helpful internet staff and relatively good internet reception (compared to elsewhere we'd been). Breakfast was quite good.

If we go back to Alexandria I would choose a hotel along the corniche as Hilton Green Plaza is quite a long way from "the action" apart from the shopping mall it is located above.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room near to reception
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Hschiller, Manager at Hilton Alexandria Green Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2011

Thank you for your feedback. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you have experienced in our premises during your stay. Please be informed that we currently in the process of opening our brand new 400sqm swimming pool with health club facilities . We are very concerned about your comments made, please contact me directly at the Hilton Alexandria Green Plaza if I can be of any help in the near future. Hans Schiller Director of Operations Hilton Alexandria Green Plaza .

There are newer reviews for Hilton Alexandria Green Plaza

Reviewed October 3, 2011

Hi,..
Actually I enjoyed my stay at Hilton Green Plaza so much, although it was only a three day trip to Alex. to attend a conference, yet we (me and my family) enjoyed this short stay.
the best thing I found there was the excellent level of service provided to the guests from the first moment you step into the hotel...they were all very nice, cheerful, and of course helpful..
they did whatever we wanted and whenever we wanted it, and in a very short time...
finally, I'd like to thank all the working team of Hilton Green Plaza..
and I really wish to have this experience again, and for a longer period..so that i can enjoy more!!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business

Dear Guest , we are very delighted to receive your kind comments. Thank you for taking time to share them on TA. We will be very happy to have you soon again back as our guest . Sincerely, Hans Schiller Director of Operations , Hilton Alexandria Green Plaza

Reviewed October 1, 2011

its always to me to experience a very good stay in Hilton green plaza good comfort rooms very excellent restaurant delicious food many than;s

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
Hschiller, Manager at Hilton Alexandria Green Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2011

Many thanks for your kind feedback. It is great to learn that your have enjoyed your stay and our services. I hope that your travel plans will includeAlexandria again soon. Sincerely, Hans Schiller Director of Operations Hilton Alexandria , Egypt

Reviewed September 24, 2011

Very very noisy, service is bad, extras are very expensive (I paid $100) to photocopy 100 pages, conference rooms smell, and the list goes on. If u really have to stay and are prepared to walk to you room (a bit far) stay in the executive floors and choose a room that is far from the mall as it tends to be very noisy till 4am daily.

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank Visioncoach001

Thank you for your feedback. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you have experienced in our premises during your stay. We are very concerned about your comments made, please contact me directly at the Hilton Alexandria Green Plaza if I can be of any help in the near future. Hans Schiller Director of Operations Hilton Alexandria Green Plaza .

Reviewed September 2, 2011

If you don't want to send a lot of money to stay in Alex, this is the right hotel with a 5 star rating.
It's.located in the middle of shops, something I doin't like but my wife love it.....Lol

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank Dallah
Hschiller, Manager at Hilton Alexandria Green Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2011

Reviewed September 1, 2011

Hotel service during Ramadan is naturally going to suffer a little but this hotel struggled more than others on my trip. First, public areas like the small rooftop pool and restaurant area appear worn and in need of refurbishment. My hotel room was similarly 'tired'. I was given a room in the 440's opposite the larger pool construction area. At 3.30 am, the TV alarm came on full-volume. OK, this can happen. Then at 6.30 am the jack hammers and grinding started outside my window. For a hotel that was mostly empty, this was inexcusable. Check-out staff were sympathetic but offered no gesture of compensation. Insist on a room away from the construction area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room opposite the larger pool construction area
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Gary L

Dear Sir/Madam,
Thank you for your personal detailed feedback. We appreciate your kind comments. Please be assured that all your comments have been taken into consideration .Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience happened and I am looking forward to see you soon back at the Hilton Alexandria Green Plaza . Please contact me directly if I can be of any help or assistance to you . With best regards Hans Schiller Director of Operations

Reviewed July 15, 2011

We liked the service straight away. The atmosfere of the hotel was calm and a wonderful contrast to the business of the city. A great place to stay even though it is not on the beach. the hotel had a wonderful Italian resturant that was happy to adapt tradtional pizza reciepes for the Australian appetite.
Our first night was "Wedding night" in Alexandria and was really noisy. Our small older room was above a wedding function and we could not sleep. We complained to the desk and were moved to a beautiful suite very quickly. The next couple of nights were heaven with incredible room service. Even decorating our bed in rose petals. WOW, What can I say, THANK YOU! it made our stay in Egypt.

Room Tip: if you are not happy tell them, they will fix it.
  • Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Robyn25
Hschiller, Manager at Hilton Alexandria Green Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2011