“Amazing 2 day tour in Egypt!”

Alex City Travel - Day Tours
Book In Advance
$75.00*
Shore Excursion: Small Group Guided Tour in Alexandria
$115.00*
Shore Excursion: Small-Group Guided Day Tour to Cairo from Alexandria
$260.00*
and up
Private Tour: 2-Day Trip to Cairo from Alexandria Including Giza Pyramids...
More attraction details
Owner description: Alex City Travel is based in Alexandria, Egypt , and has 23 years of experience in the travel industry excellence and about 10000 more than happy clients . We offer a wide range of travel experiences for every travelers’ budget; shore excursion packages from every port in Egypt, private specialized day tours, Nile cruises, and excellent quality fleet of vehicles that offer most comfortable and safe transfers all over Egypt .comprehensive tour packages and group trips large or small throughout Egypt and abroad. All of our guides are highly skilled Egyptologist guides speaking excellent English. Our goal is your complete satisfaction so we strive to create trips to meet your needs by offering flexibility throughout your visit. Whatever your travel needs or budget, we are confident that Alex City Travel can meet your needs and help you to plan the trip of a lifetime. As we always say : Alex City Travel , pleasure beyond measure .
Los Angeles
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Amazing 2 day tour in Egypt!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Holy Land cruise was on my bucket list since couple years ago, but I was kept on delaying it due to ongoing uproars in Israel and Egypt, and because I was traveling with my teens, their safety was my number one priority. But 2-3 weeks before June 20th cruise, I finally decided to put my fears on the side and proceeded with my booking. Since I had only less than 3 weeks left for my vacation, I had not much time to do research on tours in Egypt, therefore I went ahead and contacted Alex City Travel recommended by a cruise critic member from our roll call. So after couple of emails with extremely quick responses from Hany at Alex City Travel, my 2 day overnight tour was confirmed.

This tour was the BEST choice I have ever made throughout my travel history! And let me tell you, I travel a lot, at least 3 times a year! And all the credit should go to our very incredibly knowledgeable, funny, protective, and amazing tour guide Hany Tawfik. He was extremely and genuinely caring person and making sure that everyone in the group was happy!

We were picked up in a very comfortable air-conditioned bus and whisked away to the city of Cairo. Our four hour ride went by very fast, as during that time, Hany took time explaining and entertaining us about Egypt's past and present and our itinerary to come for the following 2 days. Once in Cairo, we were taken to a nice restaurant with delicious food. After lunch, we went for a phenomenal sunset ride on historic Nile river. Later, we were taken to the Pyramid Sound and Light show which was simply amazing! We still hadn't digested the food from previous restaurant, when we were taken to another nice restaurant with more delicious food. Before going to our hotel, Hany took us for a late night shopping at a trustworthy store, where I bought some beautiful Papyrus artworks and jewelry. To rest the night away, we were taken to Mena House or should I mention Mena Palace and given rooms with spectacular Pyramid views! The following morning, we had a delicious breakfast at Mena House and were headed to the Pyramids. The Pyramids are simply magnificent and majestic!!! I have dreamed about seeing them for years and here I was standing several feet away absorbing their beauty! My group including my kids decided to do the camel ride near the Pyramids, which turned out to be the highlight of their trip. Later, we were taken to the Solar Boat of Cheops Museum. Once again, the whole experience of seeing the Ancient Egyptians incredible creations was out of this world! Next stop was Egyptian Museum which contained very well preserved and amazing artifacts of Tutankhamen. Unfortunately, our trip was nearing to an end, as we were headed back to Alexandria to visit Alexandria Museum. On our way, once again we were given a lunch box with ample food for 2-3 people. At last, we were taken to the site of Alexandria's infamous light house which presently contains the Quaitbay fortress with incredible views.

Throughout all these time, not once did we feel threatened! Hany made sure that everyone was safe and our needs/requests were satisfied to the fullest.

Most of all, from all the cities we have covered throughout this vacation(12 cities in total), my kids were mostly mesmerized by Egypt and all because of Alex City Tour's incredible itinerary and effort. Would I go back? In a heartbeat! In fact, I am considering another unforgettable land trip offered by ACT in March.

Special thanks to Hany, Mohammed and the driver.

Until next time.....

1 Thank angelev

Los Angeles, California
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Our most memorable 2 days of our 12 Day Cruise!”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I'm so glad I found Alex City Travel and Hany our guide via TripAdvisor! I contacted Hany about 3 weeks prior to our arrival in Alexandria this last June 26. Hany was very prompt in responding every time. I already had in mind staying at the Mena House ( we were 6 in my family group) and also had a list the typical places to visit in the 32 hrs our ship had scheduled for us at port. Hany promptly responded with his suggestions but he also highly recommended the camel safari in the Sahara that would take us to the pyramids. Little did we know that this was going to be the most amazing camel ride and experience of our entire cruise!!! Hany made sure we were the first out of the port and the first to return (1hr) to the ship the next day. During the 4 hr trip to Cairo Hany kept our interest with his humor and interesting facts about Egypt and ancient history. We were also the first at the pyramids early by 8am at opening time. The camels were ready for us! We did not have to deal with haggling and vendors. There were just a couple of vendors there that he trusted and we were not in anyway expected to buy anything. We also went to the evening light and sound show, navigated on the Nile for about an hour, went to see the Sun Boat (incredible!) and visited the museum. The restaurants he took us to we're inmaculate and food was delicious too! He managed to get us to shop in the late evening as well. Hany is a true professional and a gentleman. He knows how to make everyone in the group feel included, at home and safe. I'm already considering coming back next year for a 2 week tour with him! Note: when we made it back to the ship many people who took the shop's tour were disappointed with their tour.

1 Thank luv2travelworld
San Leandro, California, United States
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Hany Tawfeek and Alex City Travel EXCELLENT!!!!”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

From the day we booked our trip with Alex City Travel until the minute we re-boarded the cruise ship, Hany and his wonderful team at Alex City Travel took such good care of us, guiding us through the long drive from Alexandria to Cairo (with his wonderful stories and history lessons), taking us on a wonderful little Nile River cruise in the small sail boats ("I will take 100 camels for your wife!") and then a great dinner before the absolutely FABULOUS Sound and Light Show at teh Pyramids. He then practically tucked us into bed at the wonderful Mena House hotel, got us into the Pyramids and Sphinx sights early (beating the crowds) and onto our camel ride while fending off the overly aggressive vendors. He even got us into the Cairo Museum through a labor strike designed to affect the Cruise Ship tours ("Cruise ship? No, these are Canadians!") with a visit to the Alexandria Library, too. All of this was also adjusted when the cruise ship cancelled Port Said and went to Alexandria for both days cutting the start of our visit by 5 hours. Excellent meals all the way, too!

If Egypt is on your itinerary in the near future, call Hany at Alex City Travel today! (And did I mention that this was at half the cost of the ship tours?)

2 Thank Tracy B
Buffalo, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Amazing service before, during and after!”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

At the end of our four month world adventure we arrived in Cairo. Our time with Alex City Travel had been booked months prior, and I'd been in contact with super-responsive Hany until we met at the airport. He assured that everything would be smooth and easy and he delivered. Our days at the Pyramids, Museum, Market and Sakkara with our guide Amir were awesome. We learned so much, had a great time, and felt safe everywhere. We left feeling like we had new friends! Even after our time with Alex City we were followed up with to make sure we were satisfied. And were we ever! What a great way to end our journey! I'd recommend Alex City to anyone and we plan to use them when we go back to visit Luxor.

4 Thank Alangston929
Newcastle, Australia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fantastic Company Awesome Guide”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Assem has to be the best tour guide this company has? we were collected from our Cruise Port of Suffaga and shown the sights of this beautiful country..Assem went above and beyond, to make sure we saw every place of interest in the time we were there...He delivered us back to our Ship to continue on our world cruise..This Company is No.1 Highly recommend ..Thanks again Alex City Travel :)

1 Thank Rae0110