“Why Egyptians should not visit that hotel”

Mediterranean Azur Hotel
Ranked #19 of 38 Hotels in Alexandria
Reviewed August 9, 2013

The hotel has a good spot at Alexandria beach, easily accessible, nice view, easy parking

what happened to me at the 2nd day of "did elfater", I called the hotel asking for "day use" the day before, they told me "come as early as possible, better before 11 am, to have a chance to enter"
so i arrived at 10 am, filled the papers, & they told me to wait for 1 hour to pay the money ( 200 L.E for each civilian person), ( employee of ministry of interior have special prices & discount)

I waited for 1:30 h, then enjoyed the beach.

the problem that I discovered, that People like me " Day users" occupied the beach, & some hotel guests didn't find a place to sit " I witnessed at least 8 cases".. that's unfair

restaurant Prices :
too expensive for civilians ... 2 pizza + 2 coca cans for 140 L.E !!!
too slow "nearly absent" service on the beach
bad quality pizza

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Ahmed_Fares2013

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Mediterranean Azur hotel is located in one of the best places of the Alexandria (Stanley Bridge). My room was great. The bed was very comfortable and I did not have any problems with my room. My room was on the beach side which made the view more than great. The problems occurred as soon as I went out to the beach. I returned to the hotel at 9pm and decided to sit on the beach to have a little sense of relaxation especially that the quietness of the beach was amazing! After 5 minutes passed, the security man rudely spoke to me about leaving the beach saying that they close it after sun set! Moreover, the security man asked me to lead him back to my room to make sure that I am staying at the hotel treating me like the criminals who jump walls!! After that, the disco did not allow to enter because there was a birthday inside and only people invited can enter!! He told me to enter after 2am and I did but there was no one inside. Night life at this hotel was terrible! At the morning, I wanted to take a swim in the sea but I was surprised seeing ladies and men going in down with their full clothes on !! I even saw a boy eating chips in the water! I felt disgusted and the pool was nearly the same. I checked out that night and stayed at my uncle's house after my complete dissatisfaction. This hotel is for people who do not leave the room.

Room Tip: Choose rooms at the beach side, the view is much better there.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Amr S
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Although this hotel is located in a beautiful location and has private beach access, the treatment of guests by the staff and manager is shameful. I stayed in Azur with a group traveling together around Egypt. One person in the group had his ipad stolen from his room. The manager did nothing to assist us to solve the problem and took no responsibility. There was clearly lying and cover-up going on before our eyes and we could do nothing to defend ourselves. Furthermore, another member of the group got a massage in the hotel and was touched in VERY inappropriate places. This hotel is not the five stars it claims to be.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Heidi M
Reviewed May 26, 2013

this rating is not on the basis of hotel amenities or services, it's rather the hotel management that needs serious reform. I called a day before arrival to book a day use, the front desk agent said no need to book and you just walk in and get your day use. she told me about the prices per person and checkin/out times but never mentioned that this is a beach use only not including a room! i walked in the other day and the receptionist referred me to a nearby desk dealing with day use bookings only where there were 10 different people swarming over the lady on the desk with no queue what so ever. She then realized i was waiting to get serviced and eventually she said this is beach use only per day per person but not including a room. I went back to the front desk to ask for a room to stay for this day and guess what? there was no availability....so i had to go back home with my vacation plan busted!!

bottom line they ruined my vacation plan because of the unprofessional person who answered my cal an never gave the full precise information about the day use they offer.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Sameh E
Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

In terms of location, this is the most wonderful hotel in Alex.
But.. In terms of room quality of furniture, can say good.
The view from the rooms is wonderful.
I had some troubles in sleeping because the music at the club prevented me from sleeping although we were during a week day and no one was there.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We chose to stay in this hotel rather than the Four Seasons only coz of the location the hotel. And no regrets for that. I believe it must b the only hotel on the beach front and all the rest are across the main busy street. The room overlooked the beautiful mediterranean sea and the beach was clean and well kept. However we found no beach boys though found a couple of towels.

Rooms were clean when we reached but being a busy hotel an evening service was not provided inspite of being asked. For the price that we paid for the room the services were not matched. Towels were oldin the bathroom. For our family of 4 2 queen size beds were provided in the room which was very convinient and comfortable. Mattresses and quilts could do with a change though.

Restaurants were not highly priced and food was good. There is a sea food restaurant in the hotel whose smell overpowered the whole hotel in the evening from the lobby till the rooms.... Didnt like that much. They have a nice pool and attentive staff there but sadly the pools are not heated.

The stanley bridge is next to the hotel , great place for a walk in the evening and enjoy the sunset !!

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
8  Thank sanghamitradb
Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

I was big fan of this nice hotel but not any more. it seems that either the management has been changed or they decided to save expenses on the account of the guests.

Brief:
- The rooms A/C is shut down
- The pool heater is shut down
- The service is not professional

Story:
once I got in the room, I reported a problem with the A/C. it works as a fan only. they promised that they will fix it in 20 minutes but nothing happened. I left the room for few hours and came back late to find the A/C still not working !

I was very tired to report the same thing again and wait for the technician again. so I opened the balcony for some fresh air and had an awful night with mosquitoes.

next day, I repeated my complaint and this time they fixed it but decided to turn it off again during the night and that's why I'm writing this review at 6 am....sweating

the pool heater was another story where I heard the funniest unprofessional reply in my life. the reply was:

- we shut the heating in April because weather is fine (although it's windy and cold)
- it takes two days to heat the pool
- You should have told us in advance so we turn it on for you... (yes ... it's a five stars hotel)

my short vacation has been ruined....checking out shortly

• Stayed: April 2013