“I wish I were there now!!”

Mediterranean Azur Hotel
Ranked #25 of 39 Hotels in Alexandria
Reviewed May 21, 2011

I Loved this place!! We stayed 3 days there and it was the first time for me in Alexandria and it was BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Everyone at the front desk was very,very nice and friendly! The room was nice and clean, and the buffet breakfast was Great!! I loved having my tea over looking the Sea! I will be back and for more then 3 days!!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank deniseismail
There are newer reviews for Mediterranean Azur Hotel

Reviewed April 23, 2011

Hotel was clean, staff were attentive, service was fine except on the beach front (staff slow). Beautiful beaches and swimming pool. Loved it 0 think I migth go again. Pricier than normal local beaches but you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Jana_in_alex
Reviewed December 28, 2010

I checked for their rates for January 2011 and to my horror -- they want $US 425 per double room per night BB! I could stay at Hilton Hotel at half of this price. Sorry, but the price is too crazy to accept - it's like daylight robbery.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank penyu
Reviewed November 12, 2010

We stayed at this hotel as a part of a package tour and found it to be a reasonably comfortable, resort-style hotel (possibly of 4 star standard, certainly not the 5 star it rates itself).

We had a nice small balcony overlooking one of the swimming pools, the private beachfront and attractive gardens … but be warned, the reason the pool boys are so busy scrubbing the pool deck is the fact that that the lower level pathways are filthy and dirt is continually tracked up onto the pool area (see photo of my feet). Note to management: A simple seawater pump with a large bore hose could quickly clean the walkways each morning.

Most rooms are accessed from very long tiled passageways which echo heavily and amplify noise from adjoining rooms … overall, we found our room to be very noisy and an argument in a room quite remote from us kept us awake for several hours one night.

The room was of a reasonable size (with flat screen TV, etc), the air conditioning was efficient, but the beds were hard.

Although the hotel is adjacent to fast food outlets, etc (across a busy road), we did not venture outside as it all seemed too difficult.

The buffet breakfasts and dinners were of a good standard with a fairly large choice and we found the service in the restaurant and bar to be acceptable.

Our only service complaint (on one occasion) concerned not being allowed to charge our drinks to our room. Upon complaining, we were advised that someone at “another” table had advised that we would be paying cash ???

Should we ever return to Alexandria, we would probably look elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 26, 2010

This hotel has the most marvellous location and the style and finish of the hotel is truly excellent but the srvice levels in the restaurants and the bars is truly appalling. The staff are totally untrained and there seem to be so many supervisors that the boys at the sharp end are too frightened to do anything (like serve a drink) without the go-ahead of the supervisor. Too many chiefs and not enough indians!

Would not recopmmend this hotel to anyone who wanted a relaxing holiday with a high quality of service.

Totally unsuitable for business due to slow and inefficent service..

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank RufusWinton
Reviewed August 19, 2010

We stayed at the hotel for two nights on a business trip. Our impression of the hotel was pleasantly Surprising after reading a number of not so positive reviews.

Hotel rooms are adequate. Nice sea views , beds a bit too hard.

I liked the various hotel terraces , for a relaxing drink and shisha in the evening. Considering the hotel in located at the side of the busy coast road in the center of Alexandria, it has a relaxed beach resort ambience.

• Stayed: August 2010
Reviewed June 21, 2010

I've stayed @ this hotel for 1 week , the location is great & the balcony view is wonderful.
The rooms were not as clean , I needed to be there when room service came in to make sure they clean properly!! Which is something I never did before in ANY hotel.
The staff @ the reception are not trained at all , they don't talk with the right tone with customers & don't show hospitality.
The service when you request anything by the phone takes 30-60 minutes to have someone to come over & I needed to make more than 1 call as a reminder (people on the phone were extremely rude)

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family