“Great for the children” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Tetouan
Europe
“Great for the children”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

The best thing about Club Med Yasmina is the Mini Club. Big clean rooms full of light, two amazing pools for children (as well as two more for general use), a fantastic football pitch and loads of activities, several of which are beach-based. The children are supervised by very positive and motivated staff, some of whom we had the pleasure of meeting before in previous trips to a different Club Med Moroccan village. Special mention to the indefatigable Quentin as well as to Annelies, Kenza and Hamza – thank you all so very much for making this a tremendous week for our children. I should also point out that several GOs working at the Mini Club are fluent English speakers (which is not always the case with Club Med).

Other things done extremely well: the accommodation has been the most functional and comfortable of all 5 Club Med villages we have visited. The family room is in fact two bedrooms (one of which is en suite) divided with a sliding door. The beds are very comfortable, there are flat-screen TVs in both rooms and the décor is modern and elegant. We think Club Med food is always of very good standard and I would say that at Yasmina it was probably the best we have had. There was fresh fish daily, loads of vegetables and several light choices.

I would like to add our thanks particularly to Ahmed (the photographer), Abdelslam (a waiter) and to Ibtissam (at the reception desk). Thank you also to Mohamed (also at reception) who ensured that before we left the village at 04:00am, there was some breakfast for us. It is attention to details like that have turned us into such Club Med fans.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Practised_traveller

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

Just go there, its great. No complaints. Totally service-orientated, well maintained facilities and excellent value. If you want to do nothing, do nothing. If you want to be active, plenty from which to choose. Great vibe, great GO team.

Room Tip: Good WIFI signal in reception and main bar
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Joel G
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

I just wanted to comment how wonderful and incredibly good are all the staff at the Yasmina Club Med. We stayed last week to escape the horrible weather in London, we were blown away by the location, activities and knoledge and kindness of the GO's. a special thanks go to the mini Club team: Hamza, Ainoa, Noella, Charlotte, Quentin, Ana, Anne.ies and all the others. My 5 years old had an absolute ball and leaving her with such a great team made my stay relaxing and very special. I will definitely recommend this Club Med led by the great Chef de Village Jeremie.

• Stayed May 2013
Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

I stayed with my husband and my 2 kids for a week this may of 2013 . The GO team was do kind and professional , even with my autistic young adult of 20 Jonathan . The SPA is amazing , we had a wonderful stay . I surely recon and to anyone to go in this club med this year .

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Laurence B
Tadworth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

I arrived late to find a plate of food prepared in my bedroom and a drink which was a great touch. The room had recently been refurbished, it was large and spacious with a quality feel and finish to it.
The hotel/village was set on a large area to accommodate all the sports and facilities available. I learnt to do the flying trapeze which was a great achievement for me as I'm not keen on heights. The G.O.'s on the trapeze were very encouraging and gave me advice along the way to reassure me.
I also got involved with the golf lessons where all levels are catered for, different techniques were taught each day.
The food was to the usual high standard by Club Med as too was the evening entertainment.
I was unlucky with the weather as it was towards the end of the season for this resort and therefore this hampered some of the activities on offer.
There isn't much to do outside of the hotel itself unless you go on a guided tour organised by the hotel. On a holiday of this type there is plenty to do within the village if I'm honest.
The G.O. team were very friendly and helpful as I've found in the past with Club Med holidays and I've remained friends with some of them.
Doubt I'd go back to this particular hotel but this is more to do with the fact that there are plenty of other resorts to visit.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank bruce_cleaver
Oslo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

We were there for in week 40 (Sep-Oct), and had a lovely time. I think the resort caters for up to 800 guests, but we were there towards the end od the season, shortly before it closed for the winter, and there were only around 200 guests, so it was blissfully calm. The weather was also perfect, with daytime temperatures around 23-25 degrees. Evenings were slightly coolish, but still very pleasant.
The resort itself is well-laid out, in my opinion, with the rooms, as well as reception/main dining area higher up, and the mail pool/bar/ flying trapeze/ tennis /golf / football etc below, on the way to the beach. The grounds are very well-kept by an army of workers, and security guards are posted at various entry points (discreetly). The flying trapeze is right in the middle of the resort, which suited us fine since our 12-year-old loved it and spent a lot of time there. The staff there are great. Most of the staff are fantastic, with the exception of one or two GOs who lack in charm/customer service.
The rooms are pretty nice. Decent size, good air-conditioning, balcony, modern, yet charming Mauresque-style bathroom.
The food was good, but not outstanding (at least not for me when I compare it to other Club Meds which were a wee bit better). But again, it was lovely never to have to wait too long to get your food, or to have to search around for a table. But I do think the house wine could be a bit better when you're in a wine-producing country. It was OK, but not a real pleasure to drink.
Wifi was free but only accessible in the bar areas, and sometimes the signal strength was a bit sketchy.
Yes, as others have noted, there are indeed lots of steps here. Not a problem for a sporty family, but it could be a source of irritation for some.
The beach is very pleasant and easily accessible, with plenty of loungers and parasols. We sailed a few times, and did some kayaking as well. The water was very clean, and still relatively warm (maybe 22 degrees?)
All in all, we had a fantastic time with our friends from Norway, and can warmly recommend this resort.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank francoscot
Ashford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

This was my 4th travel with Club Med. My wife ha always been a huge fan but I generally think that it is not great value for money.

This time round, I found the food to be its usual average quality but was impressed with the care they gave my young child. He had not been to the Mini Club Med before but we tried him this time round ... and he loved it. As a result, we allowed him to go and enjoy himself in the mornings, coming back around 2.30pm all refreshed and happy (lunch and snooze done).

That gave us time to enjoy some of the activities on offer while having some quality time with our kid in the afternoons.

Massive thanks to the whole Mini Club Team, especially Candice, Mouna and Romain who touched me with their professionalism and kindness.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tetouan
Sofitel Tamuda Bay Beach & Spa
#5 of 16 in Tetouan
Riad El Reducto
Riad El Reducto
#3 of 16 in Tetouan

Been to Club Med Yasmina? Share your experiences!