“Incredibly good stay at Club Med Yasmina in Morroco last week”
Review of Club Med Yasmina

Club Med Yasmina
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Tetouan
“Incredibly good stay at Club Med Yasmina in Morroco last week”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I just wanted to comment how wonderful and incredibly good are all the staff at the Yasmina Club Med. We stayed last week to escape the horrible weather in London, we were blown away by the location, activities and knoledge and kindness of the GO's. a special thanks go to the mini Club team: Hamza, Ainoa, Noella, Charlotte, Quentin, Ana, Anne.ies and all the others. My 5 years old had an absolute ball and leaving her with such a great team made my stay relaxing and very special. I will definitely recommend this Club Med led by the great Chef de Village Jeremie.

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Paris, France
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I stayed with my husband and my 2 kids for a week this may of 2013 . The GO team was do kind and professional , even with my autistic young adult of 20 Jonathan . The SPA is amazing , we had a wonderful stay . I surely recon and to anyone to go in this club med this year .

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Laurence B
Tadworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I arrived late to find a plate of food prepared in my bedroom and a drink which was a great touch. The room had recently been refurbished, it was large and spacious with a quality feel and finish to it.
The hotel/village was set on a large area to accommodate all the sports and facilities available. I learnt to do the flying trapeze which was a great achievement for me as I'm not keen on heights. The G.O.'s on the trapeze were very encouraging and gave me advice along the way to reassure me.
I also got involved with the golf lessons where all levels are catered for, different techniques were taught each day.
The food was to the usual high standard by Club Med as too was the evening entertainment.
I was unlucky with the weather as it was towards the end of the season for this resort and therefore this hampered some of the activities on offer.
There isn't much to do outside of the hotel itself unless you go on a guided tour organised by the hotel. On a holiday of this type there is plenty to do within the village if I'm honest.
The G.O. team were very friendly and helpful as I've found in the past with Club Med holidays and I've remained friends with some of them.
Doubt I'd go back to this particular hotel but this is more to do with the fact that there are plenty of other resorts to visit.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank bruce_cleaver
Oslo
Reviewed November 13, 2012

We were there for in week 40 (Sep-Oct), and had a lovely time. I think the resort caters for up to 800 guests, but we were there towards the end od the season, shortly before it closed for the winter, and there were only around 200 guests, so it was blissfully calm. The weather was also perfect, with daytime temperatures around 23-25 degrees. Evenings were slightly coolish, but still very pleasant.
The resort itself is well-laid out, in my opinion, with the rooms, as well as reception/main dining area higher up, and the mail pool/bar/ flying trapeze/ tennis /golf / football etc below, on the way to the beach. The grounds are very well-kept by an army of workers, and security guards are posted at various entry points (discreetly). The flying trapeze is right in the middle of the resort, which suited us fine since our 12-year-old loved it and spent a lot of time there. The staff there are great. Most of the staff are fantastic, with the exception of one or two GOs who lack in charm/customer service.
The rooms are pretty nice. Decent size, good air-conditioning, balcony, modern, yet charming Mauresque-style bathroom.
The food was good, but not outstanding (at least not for me when I compare it to other Club Meds which were a wee bit better). But again, it was lovely never to have to wait too long to get your food, or to have to search around for a table. But I do think the house wine could be a bit better when you're in a wine-producing country. It was OK, but not a real pleasure to drink.
Wifi was free but only accessible in the bar areas, and sometimes the signal strength was a bit sketchy.
Yes, as others have noted, there are indeed lots of steps here. Not a problem for a sporty family, but it could be a source of irritation for some.
The beach is very pleasant and easily accessible, with plenty of loungers and parasols. We sailed a few times, and did some kayaking as well. The water was very clean, and still relatively warm (maybe 22 degrees?)
All in all, we had a fantastic time with our friends from Norway, and can warmly recommend this resort.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank francoscot
Ashford, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 29, 2012

This was my 4th travel with Club Med. My wife ha always been a huge fan but I generally think that it is not great value for money.

This time round, I found the food to be its usual average quality but was impressed with the care they gave my young child. He had not been to the Mini Club Med before but we tried him this time round ... and he loved it. As a result, we allowed him to go and enjoy himself in the mornings, coming back around 2.30pm all refreshed and happy (lunch and snooze done).

That gave us time to enjoy some of the activities on offer while having some quality time with our kid in the afternoons.

Massive thanks to the whole Mini Club Team, especially Candice, Mouna and Romain who touched me with their professionalism and kindness.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Worcester
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Yasmina was a bit different to our previous experiences (Napitia & Beldi). The Club is packed tightly together on a hillside with lots of steps down to the buildings at beach level. The steps will be an issue if you have children who are poor walkers. The Club is not isolated. There are guards to stop other holidaymakers strolling into the Club.

The bedrooms are good and mostly like the brochure and website. I slept really well so the beds must be comfy. There was a nasty whiff from the drains sometimes but that is to be expected.

It is a very French Clubmed. Don't expect a lot of English to be spoken (a good thing as far as we were concerned) however there are sufficient English speaking GOs to sort anything out. Special mention goes to Victor who should enjoy a meteoric career in the Dutch diplomatic corps for being charming and hospitable whether on or off duty. The whole team, French or Moroccan, never hesitated to offer a cheery "Bonjour".

The sea was a bit of a surprise as it feels quite chilly on first entry but you get used to it and doesn't stop you staying in. It's just not like the other end of the Med where it's almost too warm.
The beach is perfect fine sand. No snorkelling as there is nothing to look at.

The food was good but not the fantastic which I was hoping for in a 4 trident. I would have preferred less choice and better quality ingredients. The wine was drinkable and the spirits mostly branded. As with most clubs there was a tummy bug going round but of the 5 of us I was the only one who got it. So, come prepared! The transfer from Tangier was a good hour and a half. We weren't offered any water on the way to the Club as there was no accompanying GO. Insist that you are given some before you set off because it gets warm and you will de-hydrate.

This is a good Club with plenty to do. If you don't want to do anything the "piscine calme" is excellent for reading by the pool with waitress service.

You're pretty much guaranteed a good holiday here.

Room Tip: Breakfast is always at the top of the hill and lunch is always at the bottom on the beach so you mig...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank DomTheTraveller
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 5, 2012

The resort has been renovated recently and we were very pleased with our spacious, modern and well designed standard family bedroom (2 rooms, 1 massive king size bed and 2 single beds, all very comfy). We were welcomed at 2am - late flight from London - with food in our room, which was really lovely. My daughter loved the Petit Club (new and modern) and is looking forward to going back ... soon ...We enjoyed the tennis (thanks Jonathan for your great spirit), golf, petanques, flechettes, the pilates (fab gym instructor), sailing. Had a great massage but did not like when the lovely lady tried to sell me the products, I did not want to be rude so I listened but knew I would not buy anything. The shows were amazing, thanks to the performers off course but especially the choreographer and great dancer (Steve) and the costume maker. We were impressed (and can compare with other club med resorts). The GOs are giving all their energy to create a great atmosphere. The petit club team (Romain, Candice, Carole and Mouna) thank you for the lovely note you've left on our bedroom door, it is a really nice touch. The only 2 lows were the food, which is very good but a little bit boring after a week and our noisy neighbours' children who were waking us up at 7am nearly every morning...

Room Tip: The Yasmina rooms are probably the best located (closer to breakfast and 3 of the evenings drink/din...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank EdwigeUK
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tetouan
Marina Smir Hotel & Spa
#6 of 15 in Tetouan
Cabo Dream Appart Hotel
Cabo Dream Appart Hotel
#1 of 1 in Cabo Negro

Been to Club Med Yasmina? Share your experiences!