Hotel Iaki
$78
TripAdvisor
Vega Hotel(Constanta)
$162
All reviewsnice hotelspa treatmentsprivate beachbreakfast and lunchmodern roomsbig swimming poolmaking me feelperfect weekendaqua gymoff seasonsea viewking sizeinto considerationconference roompool accessnice roomthree nights
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Iaki Hotel is located in Mamaia area and in a walking distance to the beach of Mamaia, and only 15 mins away from Constanta Town (by car).
We stayed in the old part of the building and not in the new-built section. The room was not very clean, and so where all of the public areas in the hotel. For example, the carpet in the room and the bed footboard were stained. The room had safe, AC, big closets and a mini fridge but you are not allowed to put anything inside because you are going to be charged with 10 euros per day! Also the room had a small balcony with no particular view. The bathroom was of decent size and it was clean. The set of bathroom amenities was not complete (body milk was missing and when we requested it we were told that they do not have such thing, which is quite unusual for a four star hotel). The breakfast was a typical Romanian buffet but without enough variety and fast refill.
The staff of the hotel in the reception was unprofessional and not of much help to us. When we pulled the car in front of the hotel, not a single staff member came out to help unloading or carrying the luggage, the same happened when we did the check-in (nobody even asked us if we needed help to find our room or help with the luggages, which is very unusual for a four star hotel). The reception girls there were more interesting in their chat instead of helping us or give us some guidance regarding the hotel. We were forced to asked for everything. In general the service of the hotel is quite poor and probably resembles that of a two-star hotel. It definitely has room for improvement.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Eleni_gak
Reviewed November 7, 2013

This is a summer hotel. Don't go there in autumn or winter even the facility is open. Is sad , dark and you feel real strange. It was cold in the room , I started the heat but it was not working. I have asked at reception to solve this and they sent an electric heater. Sad... The guy at the reception didn't want to respond at the telephone. I called reception for 10 times and then I left the telephone ringing and I went down to the reception. It was ringing! And he didn't care! There is a connection between the hotel and the spa. During the night there is no light! And in order to get to the spa you have to pass in front of a conference room! And many more....

Room Tip: At the reception you can find footballs balls signed by Gherghe Hagi! By the way , he is the owner.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 6, 2013

a very nice and clean hotel, big rooms, but they have bad food. it is situated in the north of Mamaia near the sea, they have pool spa, parking lot, and a special place for games, such as football, tennis, etc

Room Tip: the east rooms have sea view
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 26, 2013

This is definitely not a 4* hotel! The breakfast in the morning was extremely poor! I called the hotel 3 weeks before arriving to make sure my 2 rooms are next to each other, but they gave me the rooms far apart saying they don't have rooms!!! Why did I call 3 weeks in advance for????!!! I offered to upgrade and pay the difference just so I could have the rooms next to each other and left my phone number to the front desk but nobody ever called me!!! And there are so many other things!!!! I will never go back there!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Noce hotel in a good but not perfect area of Mamaia. Has ok+ rooms and very good service.
Food was great too. Had breakfast and lunch included and we were delighted.

Area around the corner is so so with some less than properly maintained landscaping. Beack was largely ok

Overall good stay.