“Great summer beach break”
Review of Eol777 Hostel

Eol777 Hostel
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I stayed at this hostel to visit the beach and I was not disappointed. The beach is just 5 minutes walk away with the main Mamaia area as well as the city itself just a short, 1 leu busride from the bus stop just out the front of the property.
We spent our days on the beach and nights having barbeques and sipping beer in the courtyard under the stars.
We had a great time which was made ever better by the advice and helpfulness of the hostel staff.

ps. around the corner from the hostel, toward the beach, is a little fruit shop. Make sure you stop there for some watermelon and other fresh, organic produce.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Chris298474

Reviewed May 23, 2013

This hostel is located between the old city and the beach strip Mamaia. It is easily reached by bus 40 from the train station or by taxi for 12 lei. The rooms are located around a patio which is a great place to hang out. On arrival the staff will inform you extensively about the activities you could do in Constanta. The walk from the hostel along the beach to the old center is great fun. There is a fabulous - almost ruined - old casino in the old center overlooking the sea but one can easily imagine the fantastic parties which must have been taken place in the past. I hope this building will once be restored to its old glory. The staff also helped me excellent with planning my following days in the Donau Delta. Conclusion: highly recommended.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 4, 2013

I felt there like in home, like on true holiday. We spend time together and talking with owner and other guests. We could ask about everything and everytime we got useful advice. Good time, interesting conversation, tasty drinking, and wonderful atmosphere :) Thanks a lot.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 3, 2013

The hostel is run by a very friendly, very generous couple. They gave us free coffee, and a few shots, allowed us to use the washing machine for free, and also offered us some food! The shower may have been the same room as the toilet without a curtain, and the building quite small, but everything we needed was provided, and everyone just hung out in the courtyard and had a great time!

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Eol777 was a cheap and cosy hostel with the friendliest, most helpful, owner I have met so far on my travels and even helped me out for travel recommendations for many of the countries I was planning on travelling to after. I would definitely go back when I am next in Romania. Cheers for the great hospitality!

Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank skubasteve15
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Wanted to have some relaxing days at the beach after one month of interrailing. Great hostel, extremly friendly staff, really good prices, stress-free checkout times (as there is none!) and many nice people travelling there.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 4, 2012

I stayed in this hostel for two nights having not wanted to fight the high prices of the Mamaia resort area. Others have discussed the hostel, but I would just want to add that it is currently (as of July 2012) ran by Razvan, who is the ideal hostel host. As soon as I arrived, tea was on the house, and Razvan loaned me a map and pointed me in the right direction of Constanta offerings. The hosts also organized a wonderful trip opportunity to the Danube Delta, which I didn't go on but heard great things. Razvan even called ahead to my next location and handled the reservation (and got me a discount). It's simply the only place to stay in Constanta, and the service was above and beyond the expectations of a hostel stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo